Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Women’s wrestling

S

schultz1

Bangs Raiden's mom VIP
Jan 3, 2011
As a grappler and father of a wrestler, I thinks its great. I also have to disagree with the comment above about freestyle being more exciting (purely my opinion). I prefer folk style. If you dont have a strong bottom game, youre getting exposed in folk style

BD Cool

BD Cool

VIP Member
Dec 1, 2011
Thanks brother, she’s worked her ass off this past year and the favorite to win state this year. The latest nation rankings came out this week have her #5 in the country at her weight class. It’s been a fun year.
That is really cool. I wish her the best of luck in future events. Keep us posted!!

S

Stclineman

VIP Member
Nov 8, 2022
As a grappler and father of a wrestler, I thinks its great. I also have to disagree with the comment above about freestyle being more exciting (purely my opinion). I prefer folk style. If you dont have a strong bottom game, youre getting exposed in folk style
My daughter loves folkstyle and feels like it’s harder/more grueling than freestyle since you have to fight to get off bottom. She does online polls and ask “who likes what style more” and after most girls say freestyle she ask why.. and almost all say because they don’t have to fight off bottom… then she complains to me “see they’re just lazy”

T

Trip

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
cool....fwiw, u have made the journey over the years interesting....i am a fan!

S

Stclineman

VIP Member
Nov 8, 2022
State Champ in the house! Finished her season 45-0, gave up only 2 offensive points all season and those were to a girl from Nebraska who’s ranked 6th in the country.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
State Champ in the house! Finished her season 45-0, gave up only 2 offensive points all season and those were to a girl from Nebraska who’s ranked 6th in the country.
That is freaking awesome brother! I was checking Trackwrestling every 30 minutes. Haha. I bet she was ecstatic and the family must be super proud right now.

We had one on the podium from our school this year.

I couldn't believe the top 3 teams were only separated by 1.0 pt. One freaking point! Then you had Kearney who only brought 4 wrestlers, but finished with 80 pts and I think 5th place. Holy shit! More points than teams that brought twice as many wrestlers.

T

Trip

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
Jesus Mary and Joseph, that's off the charts.

Impressive young woman, and family that supported her.

Thanks for sharing.

S

Stclineman

VIP Member
Nov 8, 2022
Thanks fellas, it was an awesome weekend…however an emotional roller coaster for the team and coaches. We went there thinking we had a great chance at a team championship. Then one of our girls who’s been a pain in the ass all year was 1.5 lbs over and with 3 hours still to go and a workout planned gave up and quit trying to lose the weight. Their head coach was fighting back tears telling me about the situation (he’s coached 80 seasons wrestling/football/track and never won a state championship). … but… the girls wrestled their asses off and ended up state champs by a half of a point. Her missing weight actually made it way more exciting, lol, my daughter had to get a pin in the finals then several matches between other schools had to go just right.. the stars definitely aligned in our favor Saturday night

S

schultz1

Bangs Raiden's mom VIP
Jan 3, 2011
My daughter loves folkstyle and feels like it’s harder/more grueling than freestyle since you have to fight to get off bottom. She does online polls and ask “who likes what style more” and after most girls say freestyle she ask why.. and almost all say because they don’t have to fight off bottom… then she complains to me “see they’re just lazy”
Your daughter is a gangster!!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic