Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Windows 10

StrongLyfe

StrongLyfe

Mr. Worxx
Aug 25, 2012
Linux won't, right? I just use Windows 7 until it won't work anymore with software in 10 years. Refuse to buy any newer version of Windows. F*ck em'.

Linux has it's chance to shine now that the real gems within Windows 10 are being exposed. Win10 now ensures I continue using Linux for my daily computing tasks as LibreOffice, Firefox, Thunderbird and many other opensource apps do handle what I need quite well. If I need IE I just launch a virtual machine with Win7.

MacOSX also has a chance to shine too as I now feel MS has been trying to lard up this new iteration of Windows with so much hidden spyware. What business does MS have in checking whether my hardware and software passes muster? NONE!

My Linux distro of choice is Debian and it's quite solid. For those people who are looking to learn more about Linux there's a bevy of sites out there that have all the details.

Linux.org is a great place to start :)

C

C T J

Crossfit VIP
Jan 24, 2013
What's the benefits of using Linux? I've tried it in the past and it didn't like it. I'm an experienced programmer but didn't see the benefit over Windows.

IronCore

IronCore

Bigger Than MAYO - VIP
Sep 9, 2010
What's the benefits of using Linux? I've tried it in the past and it didn't like it. I'm an experienced programmer but didn't see the benefit over Windows.
I can think of three.. A its free. 2. its faster III. IT WORKS!

C

C T J

Crossfit VIP
Jan 24, 2013
Need more benies than that, IC!

Windows 10 is free. My computer is 4ghz 16gb ram...it's fast.

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
Windows 10 has the ability to disable "unauthorized" hardware and software. My question? What is "unauthorized" besides pirated software/games? Hardware that will not allow access to certain files?

It would have to be pirated 'Microsoft' programs\software. I've had those assholes freeze my system up for using a ...spare copy of windows before. Can't see them looking out for pirated versions of other companies software

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic