Members
Latest Member
Joannafit
What's New?

Wider body

phillipp92

phillipp92

Mar 5, 2014
Does anyone have any tips for getting wider/bigger in the chest and waist? I have a very high metabolism and I eat constantly! I just need a little help.

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
Are you trying to just gain size overall? Or specifically only those two areas. Most would try to get bigger in chest and smaller in waist.

phillipp92

phillipp92

Mar 5, 2014
Well I'm skinny as hell, but my abs are defined... I just want my torso and chest bigger. I'm currently working on my legs also

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
Focus on Large compound exercises: Deadlifts, squats, bench press, clean and press. These exercises involve your large muscles and core and will make you bigger and thicker than anything else you might do, so long as you are eating enough food.

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
More deadlifts, BB rows, Cleans, pulldowns/ups.

I ate like an animal and deadlifted and squatted 5x/month each and grew sideways. POB can vouch.....ok, so I had a little help from my friend enanthate. He's a great guy

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
Put YEARS of training in and then check back with us as to how you are doing, regular old training no balls, kipping or rubber bands my friend.

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
How old are you and what do you eat in a day?

phillipp92

phillipp92

Mar 5, 2014
Thanks guys, ^im 21 and I try to eat as healthy as possible. I eat 3 large meals a day and have light snacks in between.

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
Thanks guys, ^im 21 and I try to eat as healthy as possible. I eat 3 large meals a day and have light snacks in between.

"Large meals" and "snacks" are a little vague. If you tell us exactly what you eat, we can help you so much further. I know it's a pain to list but if you want real advice it's going to take some effort on your part as well.

The more information you give us the better. Diet. What you do for work/school. How you train. What supplements you take. Height weight bf%.

phillipp92

phillipp92

Mar 5, 2014
Alright, 5'11 I weigh 152...bf..I don't know. I work at Nissan from 2:30 p.m. to 10:30 p.m. I usually start with a bowl or 2 of raisin bran or some other healthy cereal. I eat fruit and protein bars as snacks. Lunch I usually eat pasta as in linguini or spaghetti. Dinner I usually eat a salmon or chicken and every now and then pizza/ burgers. I don't take supplements of any sort other than protein bars

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
Alright, 5'11 I weigh 152...bf..I don't know. I work at Nissan from 2:30 p.m. to 10:30 p.m. I usually start with a bowl or 2 of raisin bran or some other healthy cereal. I eat fruit and protein bars as snacks. Lunch I usually eat pasta as in linguini or spaghetti. Dinner I usually eat a salmon or chicken and every now and then pizza/ burgers. I don't take supplements of any sort other than protein bars

That's a pretty good starting point. Plenty of carbs for you Mr. Hardgainer. I see that 2 of your large meals are completely void of protein. That is fine if you are eating a shit ton of salmon or chicken for dinner but something tells me thats not the case. How about eating 1 bowl of raisin bran and adding 3 eggs or a cup of cottage cheese? With your pasta meal maybe some meatballs or breaded chicken cutlets? Your mindset needs to be "Each time I go to eat I need to hit all the macros." ie protein, carbs, and fats.

Listen, you can do benches and deads 'till your blue in the face but if your not giving your body the building blocks nothing is going to happen.

How do you feel about these changes in diet? Do you like the foods? Do you have time to prepare the meals?

What do you do at Nissan?

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
Are you against supplements all together, or just not taking any? I would suggest a weight gainer, creatine and maybe BCAAs.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic