Which of these people would make you want to move out of America MORE

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
Dude, you're the one re-writing history.

Democrats backed the Iraq war based on the lie that Saddam had weapons of mass destruction.

And you're also exactly wrong in terms of how America is viewed by the world under Bush vs Obama. Exactly, oppositely, wrong. George W. Bush was hated across the board by all other world leaders, all of whom praised us when we finally chose an intelligent human being as president, Obama. Which is why they hurled the Nobel Peace Prize at him (albeit prematurely).

The global hatred of Obama is a figment of conservatives' imaginations. You're projecting your own prejudices onto other people, assuming they agree. There aren't any facts to support your beliefs that Obama is a bad president.

I have to respectfully disagree. Bush (W) did not lie about WMD. He was wrong in believing the Hussein had WMD, as was Britain, Russia, Colin Powell, John Kerry and Hillary Clinton. We know he had chemical weapons such as poison gas, and we've found plenty of that, but what we were genuinely concerned about was nuclear technology, and it does not appear that he had that. Thus the US, Britain and Russia were wrong in believing that Hussein had nuclear WMD, but no one lied.

Democrats had access to the same classified intelligence as the repubs and they backed the war on the same mistaken belief.

World leaders did not give Obama the Nobel Peace Prize. A bunch of dudes in Sweden did, not because Obama had done anything, but instead to give Bush (W) the middle finger. Unfortunately for them, Bush doesn't give a shit what a bunch of academics in Sweden think of him. That's one of the things I actually like about the dude. No child left behind and medicare expansion are the types of things that bent me out of shape.

But we can disagree on that. But I really don't think there's any evidence that the Bush administration lied. It simply didn't happen.

1bigun11

1bigun11

MuscleHead
Oct 23, 2010
After World War II the US and Great Brittan set up a puppet dictator in Iran, called the Shah, and one in Iraq, called Saddam Hussein. In 1978 the Shah stopped playing ball with us so Jimmy Carter withdrew his support of him. By 1979 the Shah had fallen and the Ayatollah Khomeini was in charge, with 44 American Hostages.

Iran and Iraq were engaged in a civil war. We backed Iraq. Saddam's mission was to maintain control, using the weapons we supplied him with. He did.

People act all surprised that Saddam had weapons of mass destruction. Of course he did. The USA has the receipts.

HGH

HGH

MuscleHead
Jan 11, 2013
I have to respectfully disagree. Bush (W) did not lie about WMD. He was wrong in believing the Hussein had WMD, as was Britain, Russia, Colin Powell, John Kerry and Hillary Clinton. We know he had chemical weapons such as poison gas, and we've found plenty of that, but what we were genuinely concerned about was nuclear technology, and it does not appear that he had that. Thus the US, Britain and Russia were wrong in believing that Hussein had nuclear WMD, but no one lied.

Democrats had access to the same classified intelligence as the repubs and they backed the war on the same mistaken belief.

World leaders did not give Obama the Nobel Peace Prize. A bunch of dudes in Sweden did, not because Obama had done anything, but instead to give Bush (W) the middle finger. Unfortunately for them, Bush doesn't give a shit what a bunch of academics in Sweden think of him. That's one of the things I actually like about the dude. No child left behind and medicare expansion are the types of things that bent me out of shape.

But we can disagree on that. But I really don't think there's any evidence that the Bush administration lied. It simply didn't happen.

Britain and Russia backed the United States based on the information they were given.

It's not possible that there was any non-lie information leading them to believe that there were WMDs. Someone lied. The people who lied were in the American government. And the government at that time was run by GWB.

It's not hard to figure out why the war was fabricated. A lot of people made a lot of money, especially Halliburton, who paid Dick Cheney $34million when he left to join the presidential ticket. People got rich off this. And all it cost was American money and American lives (and a shitload of Iraqi lives as well).

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
I just wanted to vote again and say Hitlery is worse.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
Britain and Russia backed the United States based on the information they were given.

It's not possible that there was any non-lie information leading them to believe that there were WMDs. Someone lied. The people who lied were in the American government. And the government at that time was run by GWB.

It's not hard to figure out why the war was fabricated. A lot of people made a lot of money, especially Halliburton, who paid Dick Cheney $34million when he left to join the presidential ticket. People got rich off this. And all it cost was American money and American lives (and a shitload of Iraqi lives as well).

HGH, I will agree with you that going into Iraq proved to be a bad decision. And I'm sure every time the U.S. engages in military action, somebody makes money, and somebody else loses money (e.g., who wanted to own a bunch of real estate in Iraq or had contrary short/long position on oil as a commodity). Heck, taking no action whatsoever would result in some people making money and others losing money.

Cheney made money on his way out at Halliburton just like every other executive of a Fortune 100 company does. He then had to put all his assets into a blind trust, just like W, and he had no idea where his money was invested. Lastly, if the U.S. invaded Iraq for the oil, why isn't Exxon and Marathon and Chevron running Iraq's oil fields then or now? Seems like if we went in there to take their oil, we sure did a pretty crappy job.

I will concede the decision to invade was ill-advised, but to attribute nefarious intent just doesn't jive with the facts.

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
70 years ago or so many thought storming The Beaches at Normandy and the Pacific Island theaters were a good idea. Most look back now and see it could have been done way different with much less loss of American Lives.

Bush wasn't alone going into Iraq, damn near everyone backed him and gave him the green light to go. Kinda shitty to let him flap in the breeze like he did it all alone, don't ya think?

I think he's a dik for not pardoning every Soldier, Marine, Sailor and Airman in Leavenworth before he left . For that he gets 2 thumbs down

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
I have read none of this thread as a disclaimer...
th
th

Reactions: DF
Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
I'll eat you baby!!
th
th

Oh Hai Hitler, how you doin.....
th

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
I like the way when you try to do a search on either candidate so much crap is spoon fed to you, gotta go like 20 pages deep on the regular interwebz with a tin foil hat on.

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
"BERNIE SANDERS PAID 13.5 PERCENT FEDERAL TAX RATE IN 2014"

http://m.reviewjournal.com/news/nat...anders-paid-135-percent-federal-tax-rate-2014

looks as if he's just another typical phony politician. Do as I say, not as I do. He could have easily sent in a check to the US Treasury to "pay his fair share" but nope only you suckers should "paid your fair share".

Bro, you didn't really think Bernie a self avowed commie was a honest guy? All politicians nowdays are shitbags. It's why I'm voting Trump.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 2 members watching this topic