Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
severedthumbz
What's New?

Which is Harder For YOU: gaining strength or adding size?

Glycomann

Glycomann

VIP Member
Jan 19, 2011
Adding size had always been harder for me, especially for my arms. I have always been ridiculously strong for my size. I credit farm work when I was younger fort the good strength base
Strength for me too. Could be from manual labor for me too.

M

MatthewC

MuscleHead
Dec 7, 2011
Strength always came easy; less reps! I've always been heavy, but never bulky. Since I just started changing the diet and routine to more of bodybuilding regiment; my strength gains are minimal (not plateau) but size and definition are really starting to pick up weekly....I always wondered why I had the same or heavier lifts than bulking dudes.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
For me strength is pretty easy, but adding muscle is the hard part.

Still trying to figure that bit out, might need some AAS lol.

oldschool1967

oldschool1967

VIP Member
Aug 6, 2011
strength and size tend to live in the same house,that being said, I have times of the year, barring injury, where I am big and relatively strong. However, I have some difficulty building power.

Last edited:
kid666

kid666

VIP Member
Jan 28, 2011
I had strentgh long before i put on size.....now in my late 40,s i lift lighter trying to avoid an injury or any down time ...

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
I had strentgh long before i put on size.....now in my late 40,s i lift lighter trying to avoid an injury or any down time ...
Well if that's a recent pic of you in your avi you look great.

Jenner

Friends Remembered
Jan 9, 2012
I thought hard about this because at first I was thinking it's way easier for me to gain strength but then after training last night and really looking at myself in the mirror, I can see I have added size. So for me, I'm going to say they pretty much come hand in hand :)

chillz

chillz

Dec 29, 2011
For me I'm going to have to say it's getting harder to get stronger. As soon as I got into my 30's I found it's much easier to gain weight. As soon as I start doing lower reps with heavier weights I feel the difference in age. Not saying my strength gains have stopped, it's just easier to gain weight.

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
I have a hard time gaining strength on my bench and over head press.

S

Shamrockbear1

MuscleHead
Dec 24, 2011
I have to say for me is strength I look a lot bigger than I am stronger lol... Also Im old now but as a young buck I was stronger squatting sets of 375 as a senior in HS... than bigger so I believe it reverses as you get older my sorry butt has a hard time with 315 on the smith machine :(
I also found it amazing how skinny and fat guys can freaking deadlift like over 400lbs its freakish.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic