Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
Joannafit
What's New?

When do YOU start HCG when STARTING testosterone?

myosin

myosin

VIP Member
May 27, 2011
For any newbs here, HCG is injected subcutaneously in a fold of skin in your abs or love handle region typically. Do not inject in your private parts. HCG, as I understand it, mimics LH (leutenizing hormone), which is the natural signal to your testicles to generate testosterone by your own natural production methods.

So, during TRT, by definition, your body is shut down, meaning the test provided by your weekly injections is enough that your body never needs to signal for its own natural production to kick in. That causes the testicles to atrophy (i.e., shrink). Most of us guys don't care about that, but I do think there is some advantage to keeping your natural production going (even if it's not working optimally, hence the TRT).

I believe Dr. Crisler's protocol that was pretty popular for TRT was you pin your long estered test (e.g., test Cyp) once per week, for example, on Sunday. 5 days after pinning, that test level in your bloodstream is beginning to decline, so on day 5 and day 6 (the next Friday and the next Saturday), you would pin HCG (250IUs) on each of those days. That would keep your natural production going, and boost your test levels slightly so that if you looked at your test levels throughout the week, they stayed a bit more level than otherwise.

I've been on test for the last 15 years, and I still take the HCG.
Tommy is right, injecting your balls is ONLY for the vets :)

P

prime

TID Board Of Directors
Dec 31, 2011
HCG is supposed to raise the e2 a bit as well.

78steeler

Mar 21, 2023
I am on TRT and I take 500iu twice a week. That was the dose my doctor suggested and it works for me.

myosin

myosin

VIP Member
May 27, 2011
HCG is supposed to raise the e2 a bit as well.
It CAN raise it... I think it's pretty individual... when I was engaged to my prior fiancee, I went on huge HCG doses for several months after years of AAS... 3000iu, three times a week, IM... got labs every couple months, I dont' remember the exact number but my estradiol was just BARELY above normal

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
For any newbs here, HCG is injected subcutaneously in a fold of skin in your abs or love handle region typically. Do not inject in your private parts . . . .
Good point! I tend to assume everyone here knows stuff, but I forget we can teach newer people too.

I'm pretty good about welcoming them, but not so good about remembering we are all at different levels of the learning curve. Things like this must explain why you're a Moderator ... and most of us are not.

Warhead14

Warhead14

TID Board Of Directors
Jul 23, 2011
I am currently running 500iu EOD while using Test, Var Primo. Will continue 3 weeks past the cycle with some A dex.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic