Members
Latest Member
angelarbatt
What's New?

Whats the stupidest thing you have seen at your gym

jks1

jks1

Aug 30, 2015
The stupidest thing I've seen at my gym and at every other gym I've ever trained in is the ever present fad for forced reps from the start of a set through to the end of the set

'Hero 1' always loads up the bar with far too much weight for him to handle on his own, typically in the (king of the ego exercises) bench press, then his training partner 'Hero 2' does almost all of the lifting for Hero 1 as he 'impressively and conspicuously benches the 'way too heavy for him on his own' poundage using sloppy form throughout a hilariously limited range of motion

Invariably, at the end of the set, Heros 1 and 2 congratulate each other on a 'great set' while looking around the gym to see who noticed this 'impressive feat'

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
Me trying to talk to girls.....

Andy1990

Andy1990

Sep 2, 2015
I see this daily at me gym!
I actually got so pissed off with this kind of shit I left that gym and found another that seems douche bag free!

Ramrod

Ramrod

MuscleHead
Jun 5, 2012
Had a guy the other day hop in the Squat rack after I was done. Just to perform 1 set of 5 or 6 reps of 1/4 squats with 225lb. My wife is the one who pointed it out to me, as she laughed. Other then that I don't see much as my normal gym is always empty.

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
Benching with their ass in the air higher than the fuxkibg bar.

Benching with feet on bench, ass in air.
------------------------------------------
Fuxkboy: "Hey, how much is that? 405?"

My homie: "Yeah it's 405..." (Shakes head)

Fuxkboy to his friend: "Told you it was 405!"

Me: "Why'd you tell him that?"

My homie: "Who gives a shit what he thinks?"
Weight on the bar = 625

Last edited:
PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
The stupidest thing I've seen at my gym and at every other gym I've ever trained in is the ever present fad for forced reps from the start of a set through to the end of the set

'Hero 1' always loads up the bar with far too much weight for him to handle on his own, typically in the (king of the ego exercises) bench press, then his training partner 'Hero 2' does almost all of the lifting for Hero 1 as he 'impressively and conspicuously benches the 'way too heavy for him on his own' poundage using sloppy form throughout a hilariously limited range of motion

Invariably, at the end of the set, Heros 1 and 2 congratulate each other on a 'great set' while looking around the gym to see who noticed this 'impressive feat'
While hero 2 is yelling all you all day

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
The sweet Cross-Fit uniforms. Complete with Rogue t-shirt (or Wounded Warrior back-up but never on an actual Veteran), knee high socks and $300 Oly shoes for a 95lb Power clean ;)

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
In the interest of fairness...there is also an alarming trend of male "bodybuilders" wearing tights again. Not just leg day either (as if that made it OK).

S

schultz1

Bangs Raiden's mom VIP
Jan 3, 2011
I see some stupid things in the cf. Gym i go to. Its funny actually. I like the guys who come in decked out in all rb cf gear and 150 dollar cf shoes. Then there is ke in my 1993 swiss cheese inzer tshirt, gym shorts with holes in them and 10 year old oly shoes with 1 strap missing. And my daughter who pulls bare foot. Awesome.

U

ultradoug4

Jul 29, 2015
Great stuff! Worst I've seen is "Super Fly." Guy looks like a 'nam refugee from the 70's. Working out in polyester slacks spinning like a 45 on torso machine. Loaded up with 10 lbs. He's on it for at least 1/2 an hour. And just when I think he's done he just sits there and starts digging booger nugget gold out of his nose.

G

ghostface_nilla

Oct 15, 2015
My gym is a college rec center so maybe it's the fact that it's free that attracts every type of gym person you can think of. In the last 3 months or so I've seen everything from WTF are you doing to hilarious fails to downright rage inducing shit.

First we have the grand champion of the half-reppers. This guy loads up 315 on bench and does 5 reps of about 2 to 3 inches total movement, sits up and says that he feels good, let's go heavier. Throws on a 25 and does the same thing for 3 reps and thinks he's a king. Same guy on a different day starts carrying plates to the dip bar. Ok, let's see what he's up to today. He loads up not 1, not 2, but 3 45lb plates and a 25 onto his dip belt, struggles to even stand up and climb up to the dip bar, then lowers himself 2 inches for his rep...once. Drops the weight like he's dropping the mic and walks to the water fountain like he's hot shit.

Next we have the reader. Guy comes into the gym on a slow morning and walks over to the double cable machine(?) and does a set. No shit, pulls a book from his pocket, sits down in the center of the machine and starts reading, a ****ing novel, for 10 minutes or so before doing another set of flyes, and repeats the book reading rest period. I literally stood and stared for a while because I couldn't believe what I was seeing.

Finally, today. Mr. I'm Going to Use Every Piece of Equipment at Once for my Superset of All Supersets. He has 2 EZ bars loaded up with different weights, his towel sitting on the rope cable pushdown to mark his territory, and two flat benches where he's doing bodyweight bench dips. I almost lost it. Then, after finishing, he bolts out of the gym leaving all the weight on the bars. Unbelievable.

I'm considering carrying my phone on me during the workout to take pictures of this shit.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic