Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
Joannafit
What's New?

What was your last Blood Pressure reading?

T

ToeRock

May 11, 2012
117/80 always right around there unless they start drawing blood or setting up to get the catheter in (I get nerve injections every 2-4 weeks) then it jumps up to 150/90...yup I'm chicken shit of needles (in veins)

parttimer

parttimer

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2011
130'ish/70 on Test/Tren at 6'4 and 290, never really changes much.

TheClap

TheClap

VIP Member
Oct 25, 2011
Do you guys with sbp readings of 130+ do cardio often? High bp will ruin your heart and kidneys faster than you think. Go to a Dr and watch ur sodium. ACEIs can help protect ur kidneys. High bp mixed with a bad cholesterol profile high protein and drugs like eq or drol that can effect hct or thickened blood will wreak havoc on the small filters, glomerlus, in your kidneys. Once they scar it gets to be a losing battle to be in a gym hitting weights. Esp since limiting protien is a standard once your SCr creeps up toward ckd

I'd thank you twice for this one if I could. So correct. My last reading was something like 127/76. I take BP meds though. As far as antihypertensives I highly recommend Enalapril (an ACE inhibitor). To explain the difference I say "Lisinopril is pretty much enalapril for pussies..." meaning if you have some real hypertension Enalapril will f*ckin work. It's potent as hell. I had my doc write for 10mg/day (5mgx2tabs) and he told me to titrate up as high as 20mg if I needed. That way I didn't have to go back and change my script all the time to get where I needed to be. My BP is the strangest thing. It'll me okay. Then I go to work and it's liek 158/something. Then when I was going to the doc about it it was as high a 178/89 at one point.

Now it's evened out on it's own almost completely. When I'm not going to work for several days its like in the 120s - low 130s even without meds for >24hrs. I've dropped one of my BP meds completely (amlodipine, made my ankles swell). Still take abt 10mg of the enalapril because it helps me stay dry a little bit and 25mg of atenolol because beta blockers have and anti-anxiety effect as well. And although I don't have mental anxiety it still helps me relax. My doc said we need to test my "metanephrine" levels and see if maybe I have a tumor on my kidneys causing this crazy ass spike in BP. Metanephrine Explained

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic