Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
angelarbatt
What's New?

What Training Accomplishment Are You Most Proud Of?

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
The greatest thing about lifting (IMO), whether bodybuilding or powerlifting, is the competition with ourselves. You set a goal and it's up to you and no one else to reach that goal. Unlike work, where politics and such can prevent us from reaching a goal, in the gym it's completely up to me. That's what I like most about it.

So what training accomplishment are you most proud of? For me, I'd have to say getting 300 pullups in one workout, all weighted. In January 2009 I couldn't do one pullup and was so embarrassed I didn't try again for 6 months. I have good endurance strength but average 1RM strength. Some day I will do a 10 x 10 deadlift with 405 and that will be my greatest accomplishment. Deadlift has always been a weak lift for me and I can now do 405 x 12 so I'll start adding on the sets and get there one of these days.

So what's yours? Might not be exercise related, could be hitting 20" on your arms or just the fact that you've been working out for X months or years in a row.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Deadlifting twice my weight a couple years ago was huge for me.

Ogre717

Ogre717

TID Official Lab Rat
Jul 22, 2011
My biggest accomplishment WILL be seeing my abs again. It has been far too long and I had developed so many bad/lazy habbits that my mid-section had gone to complete shit. The ball is rolling but i still have a ways to go. 9 weeks until i get home from deployment, i think i can get there in time...

400Lb Gorilla

400Lb Gorilla

MuscleHead
Jul 27, 2011
i have no clue what my biggest accomplishment is.... i guess it is because i am constantly beating my best accomplishments weekly.

i would have to say though my best accomplishment has been leaving my ego in the locker when i walk into the gym.

Gstacker

Gstacker

MuscleHead
Aug 19, 2011
My biggest PR was a couple years ago, got my body weight down to 185lbs and bench pressed 365lbs.... Not so strong now days but my goal has been set for 405lbs under 200lb body weight.. Got a ways to go..........

Gstacker

Gstacker

MuscleHead
Aug 19, 2011
300 pull ups that's insane! Deft a accomplishment right there bro!

marx

marx

MuscleHead
Sep 29, 2010
I got out of my car after work and kids said "I pick things up and I put them down" like that planet fagness ad. I looked at them and they went quiet, LOL- gotta say, I feel big :)

Living this life is the biggest accomplishment in training for me, one that has worked wonders...

bybon

bybon

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2011
Finally getting 3/4/5, and reaching 200lbs.

Ms.Wetback

Ms.Wetback

VIP Lady Member
Sep 27, 2010
Squatting 315lb for 4. I will prob never see that again because of my knees.

Gstacker

Gstacker

MuscleHead
Aug 19, 2011
Squatting 315lb for 4. I will prob never see that again because of my knees.

I tore a miniscus a few years ago and it took a couple years just to squat 135lbs and then built up to 225 for sets, i promised myself id never go heavier and just go for reps.... Well a few years later my knees still bunk but im steadily moving up in weight.... Take it slow n steady u might suprise urself.

ajdos

Friends Remembered
Sep 8, 2010
You know I thought of all the PR's I have had, bodybuilding shows, and getting my body to look insane etc...but I have to say my biggest accomplishment has been staying in the game after 21 years, life is really a mutherfucker and life as a bodybuilder is even harder, people dont realize the amount of work inside and outside the gym that this shit takes, they casually believe that it must be lots of fun and its some childish endulgence that we never grow out of.
But for someone my age to be able to still have a physique that gets the respect of my fellow bodybuilders and lifters, after all the injuries and trials life throws at me (and everyone else) I feel most proud to be as into the game now as I was 21 years ago.
Alot of people just give up and take up drinking and doing a lot of TV watching.

goldy

goldy

Chutzpah VIP
Jan 17, 2011
I used to be able to bench twice my body weight, would be nice to do that again. Only diff is i weigh a lot more now, so the lift is a shitload larger....

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic