Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

What to do when your package is seized by Customs

guss

guss

MuscleHead
Aug 11, 2010
Okay folks here is the skinny on what actually happens.

1. You will get an empty package or letter saying your shit has been confiscated. It will probably be a photo copy of the customs regulation violated

2. A short time later, you will receive a letter from customs telling you how to claim your property or it will be automatically forfeited in 30 days.

Now here is the clincher on this letter. They send a whole bunch of papers with different instructions on ways to handle your seized product.

Read carefully, it says right away, that if you fail to act the property will be automatically forfeited.

You can also sign a form to instruct them to consider your stuff forfeited.

DO NOT SEND THIS ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! JUST THROW THE LETTER IN THE TRASH.

They are trying to get you to admit that the items are yours. And they fool you by trying to get you to sign a form telling them you don't want the stuff and to go ahead start immediate foreiture of the items. This is a trick!

Then, a short time after this last letter you will get another one. It will probably be right after the 30 days has elapsed because of your NO RESPONSE to their first letter.

They are again asking you similar questions.

AGAIN, DO NOTHING, SIGN NOTHING, CALL NO ONE! IT IS A TRICK AGAIN.

Their time line given for forfeiture has elapsed, and they are trying one last time to get you to say that the shit is yours so they can prosecute you!

Without your signature on any of the forms they send you they cannot prosecute you (unless of course they have been monitoring you and actually observe you take possession of an order) because they have no proof that the items are yours! However, by signing a form even one to say hey, I don't want the stuff keep it, signifies that it is your stuff.

This whole process will take several months, just throw away all of their mailings empty your house for a while and talk to no one, even on the board.

To recap:
Sign nothing,
Talk to no one,
Make house safe,
Do not order from overseas again

bgptbull81

bgptbull81

MuscleHead
Aug 26, 2010
damn good post.... all should read this

Get Some

Get Some

MuscleHead
Sep 9, 2010
Very good post...you can never be too safe. I like domestic much better than overseas, but it seems like you can get stuff overseas much cheaper in most cases.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
That should help me with my first ever seizure letter, did I say EVER!!

R

ragamuffin

Sep 10, 2010
Going through that scenario is a bit nerve wracking, but following those simple steps worked for me. Good Post.

ceejay

ceejay

Aug 25, 2010
Solid post, and so very true.

peace
ceejay

cyto33

cyto33

MuscleHead
Sep 15, 2010
thats what i did every time i got the letter. i live in canada and to my suprise i got letter after letter but just ignored them tossed them out and carried on with my day.
i only buy domestic now. the time to get the gear is much better.

mugzy

mugzy

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 11, 2010
This is a good post and valuable info.

Ogre717

Ogre717

TID Official Lab Rat
Jul 22, 2011
had this happet the verry first time i ever ordered anything. i was pretty nervous. thought i was under surveilance or something. kept shredding the letters and planned on acting like i never got a letter. i wish i had this kind of advice 10 years ago. would have saved me alot of worry.

J

jackhammer

Aug 6, 2011
amen. exactly what i did over a year ago.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic