Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
erikbarrera
What's New?

What should I add to my oatmeal to make it taste better?

zackrock

zackrock

Sep 8, 2010
Im getting sick and tired of eating plain oatmeal. I need some "oomph" added to it to actually make it worth eating. What should I add. I know some of you are going to say to add fruits. Sounds great! But I really don't want to add "extra" carbs to my oatmeal.

So what should I add to enhance it's flavor? Someone suggested to me to just add a few blueberries. That the few blueberries I add really won't jack up much of the carbs. And someone highly suggested I add a bit of honey. But isn't Honey a "high glycemic" carb?

Any suggestions?

big_paul_ski

big_paul_ski

MuscleHead
Dec 13, 2010
get a coffee grinder and add what you need to your protein shake in the morning. oatmeal was meant to be drank:)

W

Wolf

MuscleHead
Dec 25, 2010
Berries are generally low in carbs for the flavor they pack. Freshly ground cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, cocoa powder.

Spikykite

Spikykite

Feb 14, 2011
i'me glad i'me finaly used too eating oatmeals..
never Added something too it..
just oats with milk..

S

Smokeater

Mar 28, 2011
I like to throw in a serving of natty PB. I have also tried adding a scoop of protein powder and a little milk. I wasn't to terrible keen on the scoop of protein though.

MAYO

MAYO

Bad Mother
Sep 27, 2010
Agave nectar is a complex carb and tastes like honey. You could also add some Barleans Omega Swirl to get some omega3 and epa/dha in the mix. Swirl is sweetened with splenda, so has no carbs but tastes great.

scarl3tbutt3rfly

scarl3tbutt3rfly

TID Lady Member
Feb 25, 2011
Berries are generally low in carbs for the flavor they pack. Freshly ground cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, cocoa powder.
^^ this. I also sometimes add PB2(powdered peanut butter) or an actually nut butter. You don't have to add all too much to get a good flavor. Pumpkin spice, Splenda for coffee flavors (vanilla or hazelnut) You can also try those sugar free coffee liquid flavors too. I've seen white chocolate, hazelnut, vanilla, raspberry! :) No calories in those!

I've also added other baking flavors (liquid kind) like anise, cherry, banana, etc..yum!