Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

What should I add to my oatmeal to make it taste better?

HDH

HDH

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
I like half a ripe banana (for sweetness) smashed with a fork and mixed in to the oats with sugar free syrup.

Gotta watch the sugar free stuff though. According to the American Diabetes Association, anything containing sugar alcohol will impact blood sugar levels if over 5g, only by half though. So if you take in 10 grams it will count as 5 like sugar. 20g = 10, Etc...

H

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
** Cinnamon ~ tastes great as well as having a positive effect on blood sugar regulation

** Molasses ~ a good alternative to sugar as well as being a good source of iron and minerals

** Mixed berries ~ tastes great as well as providing Vitamin C, antioxidants and many other co-factors

** Coconut and/or raw mixed nuts ~ good source of EFA's

** Use almond or hazelnut milk ~ better nutritional profile than regular milk and has a pleasant natural sweetness to it

M

Mijeyzway

Jul 12, 2013
A scoop of protein powder and brown sugar..... And don't freak out on the brown sugar I little bit goes a long way and it will not MAKE YOU FAT

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
A scoop of protein powder and brown sugar..... And don't freak out on the brown sugar I little bit goes a long way and it will not MAKE YOU FAT
Nutritionally speaking, brown sugar isn't much better than regular cane/white sugar.

Plenty of other things you can substitute instead of sugar, and many of them despite tasting sweet have a relatively low glycemic load. Sugar is sugar regardless of its' colour; it's not good for you and we shouldn't be adding it to foods that likely already have sugar in them already to some degree.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic