Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

What should I add to my oatmeal to make it taste better?

Dangling Unit

Dangling Unit

MuscleHead
Jan 2, 2011
A big-ass scoop of peanut butter. Protein, good fats, and carbs. Perfect breakfast.

LITTLEMAGS

LITTLEMAGS

VIP Member
Nov 1, 2010
i like sugar free syrup and cinnamon.
:)

T

tacdgb

Jul 5, 2011
I like to add 2 tsp. of no salt dry roasted peanuts, cinnamon, a tsp. coconut flakes, tsp raisins or sugar free pancake syrup.

shan

shan

TID Lady Member
Jul 1, 2011
I like half a ripe banana (only 14 carbs, of which 1.5 is fiber, some insoluble fiber too, so actually not bad carb wise) and about a tablespoon of crushed up walnut...a sprinkle of cinnamon and a lil dab of fat free milk or evaporated milk....it tastes like banana nut bread...it's yummy....you can put some sweetener in if you like

O

Ozkon

Aug 3, 2011
I have been eating oatmeal almost every morning for about 8 months, now, and I've tried a number of different ways to make it taste better. At first, I absolutely could not tolerate the taste of the stuff, so I would add a tsp. of natural honey at 3-4 strawberries. Eventually, I became brave and cut out the honey (it didn't take very long to make this adjustment) and just depended on the natural sweetness of the strawberries to enhance the flavor of the oatmeal.

*I should point out that I only eat 1/4 cup of rolled oats, cooked with boiling water, by the way. You can adjust the additions based on how much you normally prepare.

Then, I switched to using blueberries, as opposed to strawberries, due to their nutritional differences. Eventually, I cut out blueberries altogether and started using one scoop of chocolate flavored protein powder (Promasil by Rivalus is my favorite - it blends really well, has a great profile, and tastes pretty good). I still use protein powder today.

Having read about cinnamon's health benefits lately, I decided to add 1 tsp of cinnamon to my oatmeal + protein powder this morning! It tasted really good.

Other things that I have tried in my oatmeal include:
- 1 tbsp. natty pb (protein & natural fats - I think someone already mentioned this)
- a few chopped nuts
- fat free yogurt or milk (makes it creamy, but the sugar in yogurt is obviously a deterrent)
- 1 sliced banana (I gave this up when I realized how many simple carbs and calories I was adding to my breakfast)
- apple slices and cinnamon (sugar is obviously an issue, again)

You could also try stevia.

Hope this helps!

marx

marx

MuscleHead
Sep 29, 2010
I buy steel cutoatmeal 50 lbs at a time and go through it!

Yogurt, no fat milk, 2 scoops casein powder. Stir it til it is like pudding. Enjoy!

Switch up the yogurt flavors, add dried fruit. Sorta carb-y though this way.

Keeps me feeling 'correct' though...

AXEMURDERER

AXEMURDERER

MuscleHead
Jan 5, 2011
Besides breastmilk?

I use a little bit of pure natty honey. A teaspoon will do the trick. I would just throw it into a blender and drink it all from now on... any flavor of protein with fat free milk does the trick.

I would still recommend the breast milk.

jhotsauce7

jhotsauce7

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 18, 2011
fat free milks got a lot of sugar in it guys... like 13 g per 8 oz... I don't get not wanting to put honey in but using skim milk instead... 17g sugar in a tbsp of buckwheat honey....so the milk and the honey are almost dead eeven

Why not toss in some Almond milk instead? or just eat it with some Stevia, whey and or mix in a plain chobani.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic