Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

what is bodybuilding? Ill tell you.

ajdos

Friends Remembered
Sep 8, 2010
Most of us on the forums come to have our own particular view on what constitutes bodybuilding in our own minds and views.
If you asked 10 people on the boards, Im quite sure you would get 10 different answers.
That in my view would be expected.

However what you may not realize...or maybe you do, is that there are also some things that EVERYONE experiences with bodybuidling, it is the essence of the sport whether you do it competitively or recreationally.
Forums have really convoluted what the essence of bodybuilding is nowadays. Go to the forums and all you see is posts about shortcuts, and how to build muscle and burn fat easier and easier, less work the better. Well Im not against that at all.
However, as promising as the greatest new compound may be, and as enlightening as the newest article and science abstract may be, and as great as mountain dogs diet and FST-7 are...there is certainly one universal truth that I see NOT being talked about anymore when it comes to bodybuilding.

THIS SHIT IS HARD FUCKING WORK!

I think the thing I see the most that really fucking chaffes my ass on the forums are the number of posts pertaining to drugs making this shit easy.
The complete attitudes of complacency that has been successively passed on from forum generation and handed down from one to the next.
Look at the number of guys on each forum who actually know something, took the time to learn the ins and outs of the lifestyle and are now out there preaching it.
Just 5 years ago it seemed ever forum had a handful of these guys, guys who were living it and breathing it.
They were busting their asses to get the physiques the rest of us wanted. But that was the thing, they were working their asses off!
Now look around, what do you see, post after post asking if this combination and that combination will yield the results that will catapult the onto the next echelon of bodybuilding progress!
WELL IT WONT!
You can listen to all the gurus and know it alls the stickymods and all the self righteous big talking wannabes on the forums and it may get you some extra knowledge, but until you get off your ass and get under the bar and start pushing through barriers and challenging yourself in the gym.
And until you learn how you need to eat for your particular genetics and physiology and then apply and stay on course with your diet, you will achieve very very little.
The drugs, the protocols, the secret squirrel peptides the newest, latest, and greatest thing will all be 1% extra maybe 2% extra towards your progress.
This shit will never be easy, and all the drugs, and supplements are just tweaks to the meat of the issue.
That meat is effort and self discipline.
You think people like getting up at 3 am to eat?
You think people like getting up at the crack of dawn every day to brave the elements and do cardio?
You think people like eating the same bland fucking shit every day every so many hours?
You think people like all the extra cooking and cleaning that goes into making meals for the week?
You think people like being worn out tired all the time from all the training and working a job?
You think people like having to schedule their lives around their diet and training?
You think people like having to hear all the stupid criticisms and dumb remarks?
You think people like going to the gym when your body hurts and your beat down tired?
FUCKING HELL NO -NO ONE LIKES IT!
But if you want that physique your after and you wanna look like that pic you have taped to your bathroom mirror or those pics on your comp...then get off your ass and get to fucking work!

This shit will never be easy, thats why there are so few who achieve even moderate success. Its a lifestyle and alot of grinding day in and day out.
I have heard many say oh yeah Im gonna keep on, 3-4 years later they are gone, chasing women and drinking.
Very few have what it takes to keep on taking the punishment and drive and determination to push further and harder each and every day...but that hard ass work is EXACTY WHAT THIS SPORT TAKES, even if you just wanna look nice for the beach.
Im not telling you not too ask questions about your gear n such, Im telling you that ask all you want the answer will not come with an easy button.
This shit takes hard ass work, and if you arent down with that then maybe you should bake cakes or learn to figure skate.
It takes hard work in the gym, in your life, in your kitchen on your job, it will make some days seem like hell.
But the reward when you look in the mirror and see that you have created something that the lazy asses who couldnt hang couldnt do, is nothing short of priceless.
But dont expect it to be something that you can just buy better drugs and learn tricks to obtain, no matter what effort will equal your results-dont ever forget that.
It seems many have and Im here to be the painful voice of reality, this shit is hard.
Sorry to rain on your parade.

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
it is hard work and harder for some than others. i for one look at bodybuilding as an escape from my every day routine, if you will. it is a chance to be by myself and do something for myself. call me selfish but it is about the only time a day when my life can be just about me. i work on my form because i want to look good while working on me. i call myself names to motivate myself to try a little harder and do a little better. i keep a log to force myself to keep going because honestly, life was a lot easier when i was fat. but i dont want to be fat, i want to look good for me and i want to feel better. so, there you have it, it is hard selfish work :D and i am thankful for it!

S

soinkid

Mar 14, 2011
Love this post! And soo true. My girl hates that my life revolves around the gym, and that her schedule has to take into account my eating every 2 hours...lol...but hey, I live for it and love it.

HisAngriness

HisAngriness

Fancypants VIP
Mar 23, 2011
Ill repeat my reply from HCM...
5 STAR FUCKING POST RIGHT HERE!

pux888

pux888

MuscleHead
Oct 1, 2010
Thanks for the motivation AJ, Im tired as hell this AM, havent had a day off in like 4 weeks now but Im still dragging my sorry, sore, aching joint having ass out of the house do hit another round of cardio! Love your posts man, wish I could organize my thoughts as well as you.

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
I am glad that there are people who "get it." This is a great post and on the money. I've been on bodybuilding boards for enough years to wonder if most of the members even workout. Some seem to just like to talk about working out and how much they know. Me: I just like the smell of the iron and the pain that it brings me. Passing over to the other side of the pain barrier is the sweetest high that many will never know because of the effort that it takes to get there. I definitely think that a lot of guys jump on the AAS wagon too soon... before they learn the right work ethic and the level of committment that is required to continue in this sport. They are looking for the short cut. This is what I have found:

In bodybuilding, a shortcut is the longest distance between two points.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic