Members
Latest Member
Joannafit

What has been the best program for you?

porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
+1 for Al's point on adding some strongman style conditioning.

I only add 1 or 2 days a week, the first as a lighter recovery day done the day after heavy squats, and the second as a fast paced conditioning day OR a heavier deadlift auxiliary day.....

It's helped recovery, but more importantly it's really helped my total. By the time you get to deadlift at a meet most guys are fried and I am still going strong from all of the prowler pushing and conditioning work.

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
Smolov squat routine, if you don't mind putting the other two lifts on the back burner. I only lasted eight weeks on the program and still put 20 lbs on my squat.

Paul Carter's Getting Jacked is a good off season strenth/hypertrophy routine. His Strong-15 program (5-4-3-2-1-1-1-backoff) is great for peaking. Didn't think backoff sets worked for deadlifts, but they do.

Hypertrophy Cluster Training (build to a 6 rep max, followed by 3 rest/pause doubles) is another good one for strength & hypertrophy. You can find the details on wannabebig.com .

By the way, add three days of weighted carries (farmer/suitcase/waiter/heartbeat walks), prowler pushes, and/or sled pulls to whatever routine you're on, and watch your lifts soar.

When you add these three days how and when do you add them? Does it negate rest days, making recovery harder? or are they almost like active rest so you can throw them in on a rest day like Tuesday in a Sheiko program?

G

guinessforstrength

VIP Member
Sep 24, 2010
I was gonna try the smolov but ended up sticking with wendlers 531 for powerlifting and my strength is continuing to increase. Competing at the end of the month. But anyhow 531 has been working for me for some time now

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
I like mine which is a hodgepodge of a couple different programs. It's a 3 day split and I'm still running it.

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
I like mine which is a hodgepodge of a couple different programs. It's a 3 day split and I'm still running it.

It looks awesome to me - been following 400's journey with it. Mega volume!

MagnumTony

MagnumTony

Sep 1, 2012
As far as putting the most on my lifts I would have to say the Texas Method. Only problem for me is it left me with little energy to do anything else, especially after "volume day". Actually the one day would leave me taped for most of the week till just about "PR day". If you got the abillity to recover good, and arnt in any other athletic endevours I suggest it.

Right now im on 5/3/1 , and have been for a while now. The flexabillity of the program gives me the most leway to do everything else I have to do.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic