Members
Latest Member
severedthumbz

What has been the best program for you?

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
As far as muscle gains and/or strength gains, which lifting program worked the best for you?

How long did you run it?
What type of increases did you see?

GreatGunz

GreatGunz

VIP
Jun 10, 2011
I like DC theory......the gains are faster more noticeable.....very taxing but worth it.

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
Dont know if i can say a "program" has given me size or results as much as the proper nutrition, rest, determination and dedication has. With that said i like GVT and DC probably more than others.

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
Dont know if i can say a "program" has given me size or results as much as the proper nutrition, rest, determination and dedication has. With that said i like GVT and DC probably more than others.

understood - but lifting some bb.com cable shit is inferior to 5x5 in the mass department, wouldn't you say?

Halo

Halo

VIP Member
Jul 5, 2011
Eating to be stronger has been pretty important to me. I loved Flood and Destroy always seemed on the brink of disaster but made some great gains. I think for my foundation a 5 day on two day off one muscle group per day with pyramiding down in reps up in weight worked for me as well. I've also had success with FTS 7 sets. I also think changing up for CNS confusion makes for good growth. I'm no expert but these things worked for me, and I'd still put food at the top of the list.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
SHEIKO ​nothing more to add... nothing more dramatic than that...

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
understood - but lifting some bb.com cable shit is inferior to 5x5 in the mass department, wouldn't you say?

Agreed. I just noticed this is in the powerlifting section, im not a power lifter lol. But yeah 5x5 is good, just finished this a few weeks ago, i was tanking out and decided to switch it up a lil, added some weight to the movents in the end which is always nice.

HisAngriness

HisAngriness

Fancypants VIP
Mar 23, 2011
i'd have to agree with BOTH Gunz and Raiden on this. i'm no powerlifter but DC definitely gave me my best gains as far as a specific "program" and 5x5 i would say is a close 2nd but no program is gonna help without proper rest, nutrition, and dedication.
good thread fellas

B

bricethebeast

Jun 5, 2012
Smolov Jr for deadlifts. Currently using it for bench and already feeling stronger.

kyle grey

kyle grey

MuscleHead
May 15, 2012
Best for building I found was a four day split with real low volume (max 2 working sets ) and high intensity .

For strength I like old-fashioned periodization and working each muscle group once per week again with fairly low volume*. I guess you could liken my philosophy to Heavy-Duty Mentzer for hypertrophy and Ed Coan for power stuff .

porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
Frantz and Coan are both bad ass if you recover well..... westside is a good start if you know how to adapt a program to your needs..... 5/3/1 if you are raw..... I do well on a modified Frantz/westside with a 3 week wave.

UncleAl

UncleAl

MuscleHead
Jun 20, 2012
Smolov squat routine, if you don't mind putting the other two lifts on the back burner. I only lasted eight weeks on the program and still put 20 lbs on my squat.

Paul Carter's Getting Jacked is a good off season strenth/hypertrophy routine. His Strong-15 program (5-4-3-2-1-1-1-backoff) is great for peaking. Didn't think backoff sets worked for deadlifts, but they do.

Hypertrophy Cluster Training (build to a 6 rep max, followed by 3 rest/pause doubles) is another good one for strength & hypertrophy. You can find the details on wannabebig.com .

By the way, add three days of weighted carries (farmer/suitcase/waiter/heartbeat walks), prowler pushes, and/or sled pulls to whatever routine you're on, and watch your lifts soar.

Last edited:
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic