Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
arcticranger
What's New?

what do you do for total chest developement?

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
The shape of your chest is going to be largely genetic. IMO, the biggest way to make sure pecs are hit well is to make sure you're doing the movements properly. Shoulders back, slight arch etc, to make sure shoulders aren't doing too much work. Angle work is largely misunderstood too. IMO, it counts as more of a different stimulus as it does trying to recruit difference fibers. That said, I know that some throw EGM out the door these days, but, it did show that decline benching hit upper pecs better than incline. My interpretation of this results is most likely an issue with shoulder recruitment. This also goes along with the myth that doing decline bench all the time gives you "saggy" looking pecs or over develops the lower pecs. This is just ridiculous.

big_paul_ski

big_paul_ski

MuscleHead
Dec 13, 2010
Dumbel and barbell flat,incline and dips. Inclines at no higher that 30 degrees. Rep range is 8-12 for me. Nothing fancy here.

T

TODAY

VIP Member
Apr 16, 2012
Incline Bench
Wide-grip pause bench (flat)
Dips
Cable flies (high, mid, low)

RedNeck

RedNeck

MuscleHead
Dec 30, 2010
Flat barbell bench
Dumbbells incline bench
Dumbbells pullovers
Dips

Every week I rotate using barbell and dumbbells in lifts.

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
Flat Bb bench. Dips. Close Grip Bench Press.

I love Db Pullovers and incline Db Bench Press, but am not doing either at the moment.

I have always subscribed to the idea that inclines worked the upper chest, and have avoided declines because the old timey Bbers always said develop the upper pecs before focusing on the lowers.

I don't know if that is good advice, but my upper pecs are very well developed and I am thinking I had better add some decline work to develop the lowers.

Since I don't have a decline bench, I have added dips instead.

Last edited:
oldschool1967

oldschool1967

VIP Member
Aug 6, 2011
flat bench 5x12,10,8,6,6 respectively, triple drop flyes(2-3 rounds) cross bench dumbbell pullovers 4x10-12. nice pump and separation, without overkill.

Intense

Intense

Jun 11, 2013
I'll try and hit all areas flat presses, incline presses, flys, and sometimes decline stuff but I dont feel like it's near as important as incline.

Rein

Rein

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2010
Incline Dumbbell presses
Incline Barbell Presses
Incline Fly's (flies?)
Flat bench fly's
Dips

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Why no machines?

Reasonable question IMO. When I bench my tri's, delts and lats get a pump. Nothing in the chesticles. I'd need a machine to isolate as much as possible. I always found it would help to get the tricep and shoulder out of it to a degree by holding a machine's handles with my hands open.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
I presumed he might be training at home and doesn't have access to any machines.

I could well be wrong though... even though it very rarely happens.

S

stone14

Apr 17, 2013
My current chest wo is this and it blasts it pritty good, has me fookd!

2warm up sets (bpress) of 10-12reps then
A) Bench press: 3x5 3-5min rest,
B) Bench press 5x10 1min rest,
C) Deep bw dips 75reps, either 5x15reps
or
just as many as it takes to do all 75reps.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic