Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

What Determines Where Your Body Fat Goes ?

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
I have been wondering this for a long time. When you gain body fat, what determines where it gets distributed on your body ?

For me, body fat goes straight to my stomach and sides of my stomach.

Is this genetic ?

I get stressed out pretty easy and I read that stress can cause a rise in cortisol. And that high cortisol levels can cause stomach fat.

Is this really true ? I did some research and got different answers.

I thought about a cortisol blocker, but I researched them also, and I read a couple reviews that said they don't even work. Or how can you tell if they work ?

What are your problem areas ? What can we do to combat how body fat gets distributed other than just lose weight ?

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
Genitics and hormones.

The first you cant control and it will be the strongest determination as to fat distrubution.

The second you can attempt to control through lifestyle, diet, exercise, or through direct manipulation with supplementation. This can be highly effective as well over time.

tightglutes

tightglutes

TID VIP Lady Member
May 1, 2012
mac is right deff genetics and hormones. i get it in my face and my tummy. that is my genetics but when i was cutting this summer i was holding fat in my arms for some reason that might be the hormone side of it.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
mac is right deff genetics and hormones. i get it in my face and my tummy. that is my genetics but when i was cutting this summer i was holding fat in my arms for some reason that might be the hormone side of it.

That's interesting b/c most women hold fat in their lower bodies.

It is genetic and hormonal. What I find that's interesting is that after drugging many people find that they hold fat differently than before they started using AAS.

tightglutes

tightglutes

TID VIP Lady Member
May 1, 2012

It is genetic and hormonal. What I find that's interesting is that after drugging many people find that they hold fat differently than before they started using AAS.

hummmmmmmmmmm really ? never knew that

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
hummmmmmmmmmm really ? never knew that

I've always heard ladies retain body fat in their hips and men retain body fat in their mid sections.

That's just what I've seen on infomercials on tv.

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
According to my wife, it always goes straight to her ass, regardless of the circumstance. I tend to agree....

tightglutes

tightglutes

TID VIP Lady Member
May 1, 2012
I've always heard ladies retain body fat in their hips and men retain body in their mid sections.

silly that why my name is TightGlutes LOL . No really you can see it in my face and my tummy. my legs stay toned for the most part you can still see definition

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011

This is very true. Visceral fat will undergo apoptosis (cell death) if kept off for long enough. Most men gain visceral fat the easiest and lose it the easiest as well. It is more biologically active as it has a much better blood supply. Contrast that with abdominal sub-q fat on men which is one of the hardest to shed. (it has very little blood flow by comparison, and also can be hormonal driven to a great extent)

When you lose those tough areas, (in men the abs, and legs), when bouncing back and adding cals in you often see a change in distribution. This is because those areas that are slow to lose due to poor blood flow, are also slow to regain. The ideal (visually) is the fat goes back to the easiest place, usually viscerally, and the sub-q stays low. I have seen this in a lot of people and myself.

Running an extended deficit and getting abdominal skinfolds way down (full abs), when you bring cals in you keep the look of the 6pack and yet your waist will increase even a few inches. Skinfolds wont change (or change very little) and you will see your waist grow a good bit.

Having been in a extended journey to change my body comp for sometime now, I can say that changes in distribution CERTAINLY change over time.

tightglutes

tightglutes

TID VIP Lady Member
May 1, 2012
does body type play a role like ectomorph mesomorph endomorph . I am a Mesomorph

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
does body type play a role like ectomorph mesomorph endomorph . I am a Mesomorph

Not intending to be too argumentative, but somatypes are not really an accurate way of portraying differences in population. (that is a nice way of saying they are bunk)

If you are interested in learning everything you ever wanted to know about fat, its distribution and loss....read "The stubborn fat loss solution" by Lyle McDonald. Great book.....tons of info.

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/the-stubborn-fat-solution

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
Genetics and hormones +++

I always tend to hold my fat in my lower back but when I let my estro go, whoa nelly I get tits and ass.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic