Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

What attracts you to a gym?

Rebel Yell

Rebel Yell

Feb 19, 2015
The "vibe", the better the complement of Hammer Strengths ( I like to alternate with free weights , esp working out alone ), location, the hours, and the people.

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
If they have a Standing Leg Curl, a good Hack Sled and a Donkey Calf Raise...they care about body building and I'm sold.

Heady Muscle

Heady Muscle

VIP Member
Oct 13, 2014
The gym I train at is an old powerlifting Gym from 1982. It's old and probably still has dust leftover from it's opening. Even though I love looking at all the tail in a LA Fitness or those types of places, they are not conducive to training for me. To frilly. To plastic. Old and grungy gyms is fine with me, but clean.
And they don't have to be old. A new gym opened up on the other side of town that has the feel of the old one. They have posters of Arnie, Robby Robertson, Ted Arcidi and larry pacifico. It's a gym. You are there to train.

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
Free weights, dumbbells that go above 100 lbs. , 70's - 90's rock and metal, the general attitude of the people. When I walked into the gym where I currently train a year ago I knew it was for me. Smell of sweat in the air, the door was open and they had 2 heavy fans going, everyone had a gallon jug, not a single smile just looks of focus. A few nods. 150 lb dumbbells. To my right I spotted a woman who was maybe 5'9" around 190-200 and 10-12% BF doing dumbbell laterals with 50's in good form. The old guy...maybe late 70's was on the swiss ball doing flys with 65's. Small blonde girl on hammer rows using 3 plates per side for 15 reps. The owner Kyle yells out "anyone wanna place bets on how many reps I get with this today?" I looked at the squat bar loaded with 620. I knew I was at the right place.

T

Torres

MuscleHead
Sep 16, 2013
If I walk into a gym and see people on machines fucking with their phones , trainers that look like they've missed every meal possible , the heaviest dumbell is 70lbs , and there's only 1 leg press , I'm home !!! ;) !!!

inhuman88

inhuman88

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2014
Heavy dumbells, good leg training equipment, nice variety of hammer strength machines and i like it to have an "old" feel to it. Like people have used it and pumped some iron in it. Not just pretended and fucked off on their phones.

paulgonzales86

paulgonzales86

Jun 3, 2019
See as you mention the atmosphere is needed it is true it matter if you have a good atmosphere then you get positive vibes which are more important to work out and yes if there is a community to talk with you so it is also good but you will waste the time by talking and if you were listening to music and doing workout then you just focus on your workout. So I will prefer rather by talking doing your workout is important and after completing the workout you can talk.

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
Home gym for the past 3 years. Excuse my lack of PC, but the lack of retards is whats most attractive.

Last edited:
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic