Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Weighted Dips

Starwind

Starwind

Nov 6, 2011
Never was a huge fan of dips in general, I don't know what the issue was with them but I decided to get a dip belt for my home gym and try weighted dips . Got it mostly for pull ups, but tried it with dips last night. An extra 25 pounds why not right? Turns out dips were easier with the extra weight. It was easier to be stable and controlled with that extra weight. I was just curious if anyone else noticed this as well with weighted Dips. I actually like them now.

S

Sammy555

Feb 22, 2012
Re: (Weighted) Dips

Not easier for me, but I love dips, weighted dips especially

meetcake

meetcake

Sep 29, 2010
i love weighted dips. havent done them in a while though. strap 3-4 plates on the chain and people look at you like your crazy

Like_a_Weed

Like_a_Weed

MuscleHead
Jan 25, 2011
Heard somewhere if you can rep with 1/2 your bodyweight added, you are a bad mofo. I'm not there yet.

biggerben692000

biggerben692000

MuscleHead
Feb 3, 2012
I rep with 3 45lb plates. Been doing dips since high school....wicked pumps. In prison we did burpees pull ups and dips....no weights. Came out fucking strong and cut.

the-duke

the-duke

Nov 7, 2012
Dips are legit as can be bro! I'm a total old school training philosophy of bb, db, dips, and weighted push ups. Best way to get a big chest I say!

stpete

stpete

Oct 30, 2012
Love weighted dips! I save them for the end of my workout.

georgia21

georgia21

Aug 30, 2010
I love dips but they beat the hell out of my shoulder joints.

big_paul_ski

big_paul_ski

MuscleHead
Dec 13, 2010
My shoulders can't handle them.

R

rammer76

Nov 8, 2012
Dips are good weighted and yes they feel a bit better w/ the weights. Gotta good story for you "Dippers" I was hosting the Pro Bodybuilder AKA Ron Love- remember him...Well we went to train together at World Gym, San Antonio,Tx. We were doing Dips, I added a 45lb plate/12 reps, he did the same, I added 2 45 plates he did the same, He had enough of my challenge He proceeded to perform 3 plates 10 reps. I opted out of this attempt..

He was a nice guy-easy going never got tired of looking at his football shape biceps..20 inchers.

As for Dips hurting the Shoulders-limit the range of motion (lowering phase/eccentric) bend the arms until the triceps are only parallel to the floor and no lower! This will keep from the shoulder impingement.

Braw16

Braw16

MuscleHead
Aug 8, 2012
I started doing dips again I don't have great shoulders that's why I didn't do them for awhile. Weighted just hurt to much but I can do sets of 18-20 with pretty good form with just body weight. I would love to weight them but to many shoulder surgeries in my past.

F

Fury

MuscleHead
Jun 6, 2012
Used to do them when I started training.loved them but cannot do them anymore due to shoulder issues wish I could.that was one of my tri and shoulder exercise I used to do.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic