Latest Member
arcticranger
What's New?

Weight lifting gloves

YAMAHA147

YAMAHA147

MuscleHead
Feb 23, 2012
I've never used or owned a pair in my life. I use wrist straps on back and shoulder days but was considering giving fingerless gloves a try. Can anybody make a good recommendation? I dont want the palm very padded so i can have a good grip on the bar. Suggestions?

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
I use Golds gym fingerless gloves, get them from Walmart for about 10 bucks. I dont need the fancy shit, just gonna tear em anyways. They dont have alot of padding which is nice for me, just enough to keep the palms from gettin tore up.

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
My calloused hands are to the point that my wife likes when I run my fingers down her bare back because it gives her a good scratching.

Just washed these twice with GoJo after yard work. Cleanest they will get tonight. My hands stay like this...

And it's Sunday, so I've had two days off of work. During the week, fucking with pipe dope and anti-seize all day has em looking crazy!!

I don't use gloves because it wouldn't help my hands become George Costanza over night or anything...

But at my old job, I took care of my hands, and I too rocked the Gold's Wally World gloves. Inexpensive and relatively durable.

SFGiants

SFGiants

MuscleHead
Apr 20, 2011
I've never used or owned a pair in my life. I use wrist straps on back and shoulder days but was considering giving fingerless gloves a try. Can anybody make a good recommendation? I dont want the palm very padded so i can have a good grip on the bar. Suggestions?

Use chalk!

IMO as a Powerlifter gloves are dangerous you lose feel of the bar and the gloves can slip and or tear and that would not be good under heavy weight.

shan

shan

TID Lady Member
Jul 1, 2011
I had some gloves, but honestly they made my hands hurt worse because they slipped and would pull my callouses apart...since I ditched them I went through a painful period, but now I am good to go. I have to trim and file excess callous once in a while to keep em a tad girly, but I don't mind them one bit (except when they get really gnarly and get sharp spots LOL..then cut and file time).

sityslicker1

sityslicker1

TID Board Of Directors
Oct 6, 2010
My calloused hands are to the point that my wife likes when I run my fingers down her bare back because it gives her a good scratching.

Just washed these twice with GoJo after yard work. Cleanest they will get tonight. My hands stay like this...

And it's Sunday, so I've had two days off of work. During the week, fucking with pipe dope and anti-seize all day has em looking crazy!!

I don't use gloves because it wouldn't help my hands become George Costanza over night or anything...

But at my old job, I took care of my hands, and I too rocked the Gold's Wally World gloves. Inexpensive and relatively durable.

If they get too big make sure to file or sand them down. Im sure you've torn one off before, that shit hurts like hell. I once ended up letting mine go to far and ended up tear one of my complete off pulling some deads.

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
In this thread everyone gets to post up pics of their cool callouses. As an aside, while working my way through college I was an upholsterer for a van conversion company. I used to get big callouses on the back of my hands. Top that!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic