Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Water / Edema

S

searay

VIP Member
Dec 20, 2017
Blood pressure has been borderline for years, especially now that they changed the ranges that define the levels of 'tension. The pessimist in me believes they did so more people would be classified as hypertensive and thus be put on lifelong medication. Love that recurring revenue.

Anyway. No GH.

Carbs around 200g a day. I could try decreasing those. I was actually up around 250-275g carbs a day and didn't seem to have any worse of an issue but redistributed macro's a few months ago to try and restart some fat loss, which seemed to help. Definitely didn't hurt. I am prone to running into fuel issues during workouts if I do not get enough carbs, though.

Potassium should be alright. I take a 99mg tablet three times a day with meals. However, I just looked at the DV for that, and even 300mg is pathetic. My diet is locked down, but that means I also eat a lot of the same stuff on repeat, so I could have a deficiency. I don't track micro's. I'll double Potassium as a quick and easy experiment. Maybe a potassium chloride enema?

I did order some Dandelion Root, too, though.
You may want to try taking a amino acid supp about halfway through your workout. Before I started doing this I would always run out of gas towards the end of my w/o, sometimes even having a low blood sugar event requiring a high amount of fast carbs to recover from it. I would find myself ending my w/o early. Now I take a pre w/o before getting to the gym and take the amino acids after about half an hr. I find I have way more energy to the point where I ad lifts to my w/o. And no more low blood sugar episodes.
When I was in the hospital for my by-pass, I had low potassium to the point they would not let me go home until it was in range. While I was in ICU they would give me a lemony drink that was very easy to drink. However, when I got put in a reg. room, they gave me an orange drink that burned like napalm! I couldn't get past a couple of sips. So they decided to drip solution through one of my ports that burned so bad I had them take it off within minutes. The lemony drink was available only to peeps in ICU. There pharmacy SUCKED!!!! Finally I told them they could either give me the lemony drink or I'd be staying for awhile. They gave in. They discharged me with a new BP med., Losartin, it has potassium in it or raises potassium somehow. It must be a good med. cause my potassium levels have been fine since and my BP also. Considering how bad potassium burns, you may want to double think an enema. Unless your into that kinda shit! Sorry so long but hopefully helpful?

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Who's doing what for edema? . . . .

Blood pressure has been borderline for years, especially now that they changed the ranges that define the levels of 'tension. The pessimist in me believes they did so more people would be classified as hypertensive and thus be put on lifelong medication. Love that recurring revenue.
Noticed that myself over the last 10-20(?) yrs while I researched full page "public service" ads in the WebMD mags that litter doctors' waiting:mad: rooms. Used to be 120/70, but evolved to 130/80 from whoever the "experts" are ... although those numbers do not seem to encourage sales, so, I dunno.
Couple things, the last thing you want 'ignore' is your bp. Yes, they have lowered the acceptable range as they found the lower the better. Say 110/70. High BP can cause so many issues such as, create groves in your arteries making it easier for plaque to attach and accumulate . . . .
Wow ... was not aware of the revised acceptable 110/70, OR of that other arterial grooves side effect. Kinda thinking threads like this tend to raise my own BP, but, knowledge is power, keep it coming guys.

beefnewton

beefnewton

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2022
So post mortem, after I stopped everything and added everything back singly, I finally found out what was causing my edema. On April 7 (I made this original post on April 28), I purchased Life Extension's version of fish oil (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JPD5ZJ4). Previously, I was using Carlson's Elite Omega 3 fish oil capsules with no problems. The LEF version has other things in it, as shown below. If I take two LEF fish oil capsules in the morning, I will have enough edema in lower legs for pitting that night, as well as tight ankles. If I keep taking it daily, it starts to really add up. If I take one, it's pretty much no problems. But of the ingredients, I have NO idea why it would be causing edema at a suggested dose... unless those extra ingredients are potentiating the blood thinning effect along with actual, yet minor, cardiovascular issues. Anyway, I will probably try Kirkland's next due to pricing unless Carlson has extricated their head from their ass. Fish oil really does help with daily "everywhere" pain.

Comparing both really shows Carlson has a minimal profile. It's unfortunately still $41. Kiss my ass.

1695775791341.png

Carlson:

1695776445940.png

Last edited:
beefnewton

beefnewton

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2022
LEF also has a bunch more crap in it, like maltodextrin.

beefnewton

beefnewton

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2022
I ended up buying Carlson again for now. I know it works, and it's limited ingredients. Even $41 is $20 a month since it's 120 softgels. Gonna toss the LEF. I've been coughing a bit on it, too. I'm allergic, sensitive, or it's just outright tainted.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic