Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
arcticranger

VIDEO: Jeremy Hoornstra Competition Raw Benches 675 Pounds !

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
I think they require you to tuck your shirt in so its easier to see those aspects.

This fed is the one Spoto did his first comp in and its the SAME fed that Benni pulled 1,015 in.

Right and it's my understanding that when the B pulled that it was unsanctioned.

I am beginning to see this fed as an advertising campaign for MHP. Which would make sense considering this guy is all butt hurt about my thoughts on it.

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
Right and it's my understanding that when the B pulled that it was unsanctioned.

I am beginning to see this fed as an advertising campaign for MHP. Which would make sense considering this guy is all butt hurt about my thoughts on it.

I'm not sure, but I would love to see them put on more competitions. They get a lot of top people competing in them, and its fun to watch them go head to head RAW.

What I think is so cool is that they provide you with your clothes to wear during the competition. You don't bring your stuff, they give you shirt, shorts and socks so everyone matches.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
I'm not sure, but I would love to see them put on more competitions. They get a lot of top people competing in them, and its fun to watch them go head to head RAW.

I wonder if they pay the athletes at all? It's too bad 99% of the time there is pretty much no way to make a living in PL. Unlike the top bodybuilders who are quite well off if they play it smart.

Turbolag

Turbolag

Oct 14, 2012
I wonder if they pay the athletes at all? It's too bad 99% of the time there is pretty much no way to make a living in PL. Unlike the top bodybuilders who are quite well off if they play it smart.

Yea man, that sucks right?

The top pro body builders seem like they can really bring in some high $ flow.

I guess a sponorship pays you a monthly salary to work for them? Or is it annually ?

If you look at the top 5 guys in the IFBB, they look like they are pretty well taken care of.

S

Sean Katterle

Nov 29, 2010
I love the guy that does the MC. He is such a great announcer.

He should MC for all the power lifting meets. :cool:

I get amped up listening to him introduce the lifters.

I appreciate you saying that. Thank you very much.

10476037_623033384471013_6441442549873302580_o.jpg

S

Sean Katterle

Nov 29, 2010
It's not the #1 federation. I am curious what statistic you are using to say that. Bigger than UPA? USAPL? RPS? IPA?

It's weird that you don't use 100's because while it looks cool on camera it's not so cool to have to try and bench or squat it. It's not making the lifters safety a priority.

Texas Power Systems makes a good bar for the gym but come meet day anyone squatting over 500 needs something more sturdy like a mastodon or iron wolfe IMO.

OK, let's compare resumes.

I write for Planet Muscle Magazine and for IRON MAN Magazine (two of the biggest bodybuilding magazines in the world.)

I've been a benchpress technical commentator, on national TV, for FOX Sports and for Comcast Sports.

In the past, I've been published in Powerlifting USA, Monster Muscle Magazine, Southern Muscle Plus and in Body Talk Magazine.

I co-wrote Ryan Kennelly's benchpress training manual and I produced and directed his training DVD.

I've ran competitions at The Olympia Expo, The NPC Emerald Cup Expo, The Europa Super Show, The Ronnie Coleman Classic Expo and at The Branch Warren Classic Expo in addition to other venues.

I've announced at The Arnold Classic and The LA FitExpo.

My business endeavours have been sponsored and supported by MHP, Gaspari Nutrition, Ronnie Coleman, Branch Warren, Brian Dobson of Metroflex Gym, Josh Bryant, Ivanko Barbell Company, Anderson Powerlifting, Texas Strength Systems, Primo Chalk, Gen X Labs, Bodybuilding.com and by Ultimate Nutrition.

My opinion carries weight in this industry whether you choose to accept it or not.

The lifters were never in danger. Our spotters are 700+ pound competition raw deadlifters.

We sometimes use 100 pound plates and that depends on the logistics of the production.

Texas Power Systems didn't mfg that barbell. It's a Texas Power Bar and those have been mfg by Buddy Capps since the 1980s. And we use a Texas Squat Bar for our squat comps (this was a bench comp, so using a Mastadon squat bar would have been goofy, agree?)

We're WAY bigger than the UPA, RPS and the IPA. We're not larger than the IPF (USAPL) but they're an amateur league outside of their once-a-year Arnold Classic show. And the USAPL is also a drug tested federation (100% drug tested) so that's a different category as we don't get involved in the politics and drama that comes along with drug testing (test beating.)

S

Sean Katterle

Nov 29, 2010

Our federation is sponsored by Gaspari Nutrition and by Gen X Labs so you better get your eyes checked.

S

Sean Katterle

Nov 29, 2010
I wonder if they pay the athletes at all?

1st Place in each body weight division won $1,000 cash at this show. You're not shy about stating your opinion when you're not equipped with any of the facts huh.

Turbolag

Turbolag

Oct 14, 2012
You directed Kennelly's DVD?

Man I've watched that one at least 20 times.

One of my favorite bench pressers.

S

Sean Katterle

Nov 29, 2010
You directed Kennelly's DVD?

Man I've watched that one at least 20 times.

One of my favorite bench pressers.

I'm glad you liked the sport documentary we created. I had a great time working with Tyler Fouche, Leon Josaitis and Ryan Kennelly on that film. My company funded the project and I was the guy in the film, with long hair, who sometimes handed off for Ryan in the gym in that movie and who was announcing for The L.A. FitExpo contest scene.

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
Wow, here we go with the dick measuring contest....another Jitsu on our hands.

So, you got questioned, not even attacked and you've taken everything someone says personally? So that gives you the right to "compare resumes"?

How did it get to that? Oh because you have the IQ of a raisin and can't take any constructive criticism.

Not only that, you're coming at a Moderator who certainly knows his shit better than most whom wasn't even on the attack. Well listen up here Mr Rabbit ears, nobody here gives a fukk about you with your condescending defensive attitude and you certainly won't win anyone over here.

Wanna compare resumes? I've made millions before I turned 30....so what? The truth is nobody gives a fukk about that either.

You're a joke.

I write for Planet Muscle Magazine and for IRON MAN Magazine (two of the biggest bodybuilding magazines in the world.)

I've been a benchpress technical commentator, on national TV, for FOX Sports and for Comcast Sports.

In the past, I've been published in Powerlifting USA, Monster Muscle Magazine, Southern Muscle Plus and in Body Talk Magazine.

I co-wrote Ryan Kennelly's benchpress training manual and I produced and directed his training DVD.

I've ran competitions at The Olympia Expo, The NPC Emerald Cup Expo, The Europa Super Show, The Ronnie Coleman Classic Expo and at The Branch Warren Classic Expo in addition to other venues.

My business endeavours have been sponsored and supported by MHP, Gaspari Nutrition, Ronnie Coleman, Branch Warren, Brian Dobson of Metroflex Gym, Josh Bryant, Ivanko Barbell Company, Anderson Powerlifting, Texas Strength Systems, Primo Chalk, Gen X Labs, Bodybuilding.com and by Ultimate Nutrition.

My opinion carries weight in this industry whether you choose to accept it or not.

The lifters were never in danger. Our spotters are 700+ pound competition raw deadlifters.

We sometimes use 100 pound plates and that depends on the logistics of the production.

Texas Power Systems didn't mfg that barbell. It's a Texas Power Bar and those have been mfg by Buddy Capps since the 1980s. And we use a Texas Squat Bar for our squat comps (this was a bench comp, so using a Mastadon squat bar would have been goofy, agree?)

We're WAY bigger than the UPA, RPS and the IPA. We're not larger than the IPF (USAPL) but they're an amateur league outside of their once-a-year Arnold Classic show. And the USAPL is also a drug tested federation (100% drug tested) so that's a different category as we don't get involved in the politics and drama that comes along with drug testing (test beating.)

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011

You are a pretty shitty representative for the organization I can say that for damn sure. I don't think I have ever seen anyone get this defensive before over really quite nothing.

You should really be embarrassed by your behavior. Your resume doesn't mean a whole lot to me. It's what you have done. Judging by this attitude of yours you are looking washed up.

So you go right ahead and have your temper tantrums... I'm not a nuthugger who doesn't have his own opinions like some other folks around here.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic