Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
SDUBUBLACK

VIDEO: Jeremy Hoornstra Competition Raw Benches 675 Pounds !

S

Sean Katterle

Nov 29, 2010

Please Watch In 1080HD.

Last edited by a moderator:
PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
I don't think this was an actual competition that is sanctioned. Just guessing by the lack of a singlet. Every fed requires one.

Weird how they didn't use 100lb plates too. That bar was bent as hell

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
I don't think this was an actual competition that is sanctioned. Just guessing by the lack of a singlet. Every fed requires one.

It was just a showcase....and I thought the same thing about the plates too. Still impressive as hell.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
It was just a showcase....and I thought the same thing about the plates too. Still impressive as hell.

Yeah not taking anything away from him. Just baffled why someone would go for an all time world record in an unsanctioned meet.

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
Yeah not taking anything away from him. Just baffled why someone would go for an all time world record in an unsanctioned meet.

Easy answer would be the $1,000.00 he won for another cycle lol.

S

Sean Katterle

Nov 29, 2010

Of course the competition was sanctioned. It was sanctioned by The Hardcore Powerlifting Federation. The # 1 professional powerlifting league in America since 2006.

Why is it weird that we didn't use 100 pound plates? 45's make for great photos as the bar looks more loaded up.

The bar was a brand new Texas Power Bar.

S

Sean Katterle

Nov 29, 2010

This show was sanctioned by The Hardcore Powerlifting Federation and it was funded by IFBB pro, Branch Warren.

And you think a legit show is one that's ran by Billy Bob the inbred hillbilly from Kentucky instead? Buncha nobodies with GEDs for their education credentials. There's only a few federations in America, who are watched around the world and The Hardcore Powerlifting Federation is one of them.

We run and have ran pro shows at The Olympia Expo, The Europa Super Show, The Emerald Cup, The Ronnie Coleman and The Branch Warren Classic.

Most organizations shows are held inside local gyms and in the 1970s carpeted ballroom at The Super 8 out near the airport in Ohio.

If you can't figure out who's the real deal, then I dunno what to tell you, ha!

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
I love the guy that does the MC. He is such a great announcer.

He should MC for all the power lifting meets. :cool:

I get amped up listening to him introduce the lifters.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
This show was sanctioned by The Hardcore Powerlifting Federation and it was funded by IFBB pro, Branch Warren.

And you think a legit show is one that's ran by Billy Bob the inbred hillbilly from Kentucky instead? Buncha nobodies with GEDs for their education credentials. There's only a few federations in America, who are watched around the world and The Hardcore Powerlifting Federation is one of them.

We run and have ran pro shows at The Olympia Expo, The Europa Super Show, The Emerald Cup, The Ronnie Coleman and The Branch Warren Classic.

Most organizations shows are held inside local gyms and in the 1970s carpeted ballroom at The Super 8 out near the airport in Ohio.

If you can't figure out who's the real deal, then I dunno what to tell you, ha!

Where did I say anything about a legit show being run by a hillbilly? Don't put words in my mouth to hide your overly defensive position.

I will say I couldn't care less about the federation organizers education though. A well run meet has nothing to do with someone's education. I have seen great meets and lousy meets go down. It's mostly up to two things. One the judges being strict and following the fed rules. And second is greed. Is the fed about making money and selling their membership cards or is it about the lifters.

I know who the real deal is. And It isn't hardcore powerlifting. Barely heard of it. Probably because it doesn't seem to be able to get the venues it used to. There are hundreds of feds all trying to out do each other for the Arnold, the Olympia etc... they will all have their prime.

Still curious about the lack of singlets. You don't require them? How can you see depth on a squat? Or if a lifters butt comes off the bench?

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Of course the competition was sanctioned. It was sanctioned by The Hardcore Powerlifting Federation. The # 1 professional powerlifting league in America since 2006.

Why is it weird that we didn't use 100 pound plates? 45's make for great photos as the bar looks more loaded up.

The bar was a brand new Texas Power Bar.

It's not the #1 federation. I am curious what statistic you are using to say that. Bigger than UPA? USAPL? RPS? IPA?

It's weird that you don't use 100's because while it looks cool on camera it's not so cool to have to try and bench or squat it. It's not making the lifters safety a priority.

Texas Power Systems makes a good bar for the gym but come meet day anyone squatting over 500 needs something more sturdy like a mastodon or iron wolfe IMO.

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
Still curious about the lack of singlets. You don't require them? How can you see depth on a squat? Or if a lifters butt comes off the bench?

I think they require you to tuck your shirt in so its easier to see those aspects.

This fed is the one Spoto did his first comp in and its the SAME fed that Benni pulled 1,015 in.

They have a lot of top lifters at their competitions too.

The one that Benni pulled the record in, there were a TON of top people competing. If you get a chance to watch it on youtube, it was an awesome show!

Last edited:
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic