Members
Latest Member
arcticranger
What's New?

Vibration Machines

Stude

Stude

Jul 31, 2011
I think they feel good just for the massage effects, i also do pushups on it. Seems to build strength. Who knows? My numbers have improved though.

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
Well if you have access to one then I wouldnt see what it would hurt to use it . I am a bit skeptical if it really does anything though.

F

FitnessFreek

Dec 11, 2011
I use the PowerPlate in my gym for squat and deadlift days, and I use it two different ways.

Science has shown (and I can testify that it works) that 30 seconds of low frequency vibrations in between sets will reduce fatigue and maintain explosive strength endurance. Once I get up to my working squat weight (it's pathetic but I have a jacked knee and squat through the pain) of 275 for 3 sets of 20, ass to grass, I will jump on the PowerPlate for 30 seconds at 20hz in between set 1 and 2, and between set 2 and 3. I'll finish off my quads various hack squat machines and leg presses, hit up the bike for 15 minutes, and then before I leave, I'll stand on the PowerPlate for 90 seconds at the highest frequency (I think it's 80hz). Deadlift day is pretty similar.

I walked right by this machine for over a year, scoffing at the d-bags that were using it, until I finally read about it and tried it myself. It definitely helps. Don't knock it 'till you try it.

Interesting stuff. I thought they were garbage...

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic