Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

UTI and the Kidney's

Grumpyfit

Grumpyfit

MuscleHead
Jun 7, 2012
Has anyone had a UTI to the degree that your kidney (right) ached, feel like a MMA Kidney punch? May have to see the doc on this one.

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
Utis are normally from the bladder down. Uti left untreated long enough can work its way up the ureters and become pyelonephritis. You quite likely need antibiotics and should see a doctor for labs and a urinalysis.

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
Do you have a history of kidney stones? Did you see a doc and get blood work/urine tested to make sure it's a UTI? As Mike mentioned, if it has developed in to flank pain, you should probably get antibiotics. It's going to be really painful and more difficult to let it go and try to "ride it out", and it's dangerous too.

D

dragevo

MuscleHead
Jul 9, 2011
Yup had a bad 1 before my show. I was running a lot mast prop. enlarged prostate....couldn't empty my bladder completely....cut out the mast and then BOOM! ony time it ever happened

Grumpyfit

Grumpyfit

MuscleHead
Jun 7, 2012
Ran out of thanks dragevo, have to recharge, Thanks for feedback, been about a week and a half, seems to subside with lots of water, headed for the doc now, it's time. Thanks ya. Only problem we live in the woods and we have to drive about 45 min to our health care provider.

creekrat

creekrat

MuscleHead
Sep 9, 2012
I know a kidney infection as well as the mentioned kidney stones can give you that "i just got kicked in the kidney" feeling

TheClap

TheClap

VIP Member
Oct 25, 2011
If you have a kidney infection it's nothing to be played with. Pyelonephritis can damage your kidneys and they are unforgiving organs. Don't wait around on this one man. Your kidneys are priceless, treat them accordingly. I've taken care of enough dialysis patients to say that kidney damage is... I'd rather get HIV than have my kidneys fail let's put it that way. Any day I'd take that over kidney failure.

Grumpyfit

Grumpyfit

MuscleHead
Jun 7, 2012
Thanks creekrat, TheClap, I'm all out of "thanks". Spent last night at hospital. Test were run, and a C-Scan. Good news is no infection(s), no organ damage, no stones only what she called kidney "Dust" which they don't call stones. They checked it all, the whole package, all was normal. Interesting find by the C-Scan was a massive muscle spasm at the lower lats that when gets fired up runs along the lower contour of the ribs into the upper abdominal area. Doc wants to do more test.

D

dragevo

MuscleHead
Jul 9, 2011
Its good you went. Never pt that stuff off. That's how stubborn people end up dead! they ll get ya taken care of

TheClap

TheClap

VIP Member
Oct 25, 2011
That's great news. Though you may still pass a stone... which for me would give me some satisfaction that there was a reason for my pain. Had a friend I work with that checked into the ER for a kidney stone. He's had like six of them so he knows when he's getting one. I was his nurse so I saw his results of his tests. The CT showed a 1mm stone. Both of us were like WTF? Then a day or two later he passed a huge one. Oh well, the doc had me load him up with 8mg of IV morphine before his gf took him home, He stood up and was like "Whoa, you better get a wheelchair" hahaha. He said he slept for like 14 hours when he got home.

Grumpyfit

Grumpyfit

MuscleHead
Jun 7, 2012
Monday's the follow up, maybe can nail this one down. Been studying up on the benefits of adding a tablespoon of lemon juice to water to get rid of kidney pollution. Using it for "during" training.

P

pepino

Jul 1, 2013
Careful my friend on the lemon juice-to-water, that is how the citric acid started to tear up my stomach lining.

That and 5gs of Vita C per day.

So now I only take NON-acidic Vita C and no lemon, lime, orange, or even grape juice.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic