Latest Member
Joannafit
What's New?

US military veterans heed Occupy rallying cry

captaincaveman

captaincaveman

TID Board Of Directors
Oct 17, 2010
I busted my ass putting up a fact filled, graphically augmented argument. Aint nobody touched it. If the graphs are bullshit, show me the truth. My thought was rant-y but my day was full :)

Busted your ass? You are info-rich. It is obvious you did not work for the information. You have way too much information and obviously have abused a lot of common info gatherers (and they actually do the work). I am certain you do not even pay them a living wage. You suck the life out of these working masses and use their work to build your post count.

In basic fairness, you should be forced to send half of your posts to other users via PM....maybe more. You may need to send all your posts to those with less time and information. It just depends. It took years for you to build up your wealth on the backs of the board masses. You may need to give ALL of your work product back to the people! Board masses, UNITE!

Research, hard work, and commitment. LOL
Those are simply code words for "screw you of lower status. I am the super info-rich 1%."

marx

marx

MuscleHead
Sep 29, 2010
I am so happy Jesus was used in this thread. However, I believe the cartoonist was making a point USING Jesus that Jesus would not himself make.

One must read the story of the "Money changers" and attempt to understand "Why" Jesus threw them out of the Temple. Jesus Chases the Moneychangers Out of the Temple

Secondly, when Jesus is used it is usually in one of two ways: (1) The person citing Jesus is a believer, or (2) the person citing Jesus is making fun of believers. THERE IS NO IN BETWEEN.

If we have any Bible scholars here:
(1) please post some passages (from the Bible) where Jesus advocated TAKING from one person or group and GIVING to another person or group.
(2) Please post some passages where Jesus says we should hate rich people or be jealous of what they have.
(3) Please post a passage where Jesus stages a protest advocating/opposing a political position.

Christianity (Christ's way) is the only PROACTIVE religion on the earth. DO UNTO OTHERS AS YOU WOULD HAVE DONE UNTO YOU. "DO!" He does not say, "sit and wait" or "go take what is yours" or "You should be jealous and covet that which is not yours."

Most religions and philosophies are based on doing nothing to others. That is why life is not valued in other countries as it is (or once was) in here in America.
Chinese girl run over by a car dies - Telegraph

“Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”
Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

I really can't believe that the guy in the cartoon is the same Jesus I know. LOL

Thank you again brother Marx for bringing Jesus into the thread. I LOVE YOU BRO!

-CC-

It was meant humorously. Honest.

Pharisees were the the political unit of its time, He opposed their corrupt ways, making ritual into a money making business.

You don't know who believes and how strong. But Jesus sets a really good example in his teachings. Here's a couple or three...

(1) please post some passages (from the Bible) where Jesus advocated TAKING from one person or group and GIVING to another person or group.

Matt 19:16-22
16 And, behold , one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do , that I may have eternal life? 17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments. 18 He saith unto him, Which ? Jesus said , Thou shalt do no murder , Thou shalt not commit adultery , Thou shalt not steal , Thou shalt not bear false witness , 19 Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. 20 The young man saith unto him, All these things have I kept from my youth up: what lack I yet? 21 Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast , and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me. 22 But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful : for he had great possessions.

Mark 10:21-27 Mark 10:21-27 "Then Jesus beholding him loved..." KJV - Online Bible Study
21 Then Jesus beholding him loved him, and said unto him, One thing thou lackest : go thy way , sell whatsoever thou hast , and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come , take up the cross, and follow me. 22 And he was sad at that saying, and went away grieved : for he had great possessions. 23 And Jesus looked round about , and saith unto his disciples, How hardly shall they that have riches enter into the kingdom of God! 24 And the disciples were astonished at his words. But Jesus answereth again, and saith unto them, Children, how hard is it for them that trust in riches to enter into the kingdom of God! 25 It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God. 26 And they were astonished out of measure, saying among themselves , Who then can be saved ? 27 And Jesus looking upon them saith , With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible.

Luke 18:22-27 Luke 18:22-27 "Now when Jesus heard these things, he..." KJV - Online Bible Study
22 Now when Jesus heard these things, he said unto him, Yet lackest thou one thing: sell all that thou hast , and distribute unto the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come , follow me. 23 And when he heard this, he was very sorrowful: for he was very rich. 24 And when Jesus saw that he was very sorrowful, he said , How hardly shall they that have riches enter into the kingdom of God! 25 For it is easier for a camel to go through a needle's eye, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God. 26 And they that heard it said , Who then can be saved ? 27 And he said , The things which are impossible with men are possible with God.

12 Then said he also to him that bade him, When thou makest a dinner or a supper, call not thy friends, nor thy brethren, neither thy kinsmen, nor thy rich neighbours; lest they also bid thee again , and a recompence be made thee. 13 But when thou makest a feast, call the poor, the maimed, the lame, the blind: 14 And thou shalt be blessed; for they cannot recompense thee: for thou shalt be recompensed at the resurrection of the just.

Now jealousy has nothing to do with our topic. we are talking about tax laws that benefit folks that could pay a fair share, much like they did in the 50's and 60's- and corporations did back then too. Corporations were the dominant tax base then, not we citizens. But to your question:
(2) Please post some passages where Jesus says we should hate rich people or be jealous of what they have. Gods mercy seems restrained for the man who didn't care for the lesser member of society:
Luke 16:19-31 "There was a certain rich man, which..." KJV - Online Bible Study
9 There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day: 20 And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores , 21 And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores. 22 And it came to pass , that the beggar died , and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died , and was buried ; 23 And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom. 24 And he cried and said , Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame. 25 But Abraham said , Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted , and thou art tormented . 26 And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed : so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot ; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence. 27 Then he said , I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father's house: 28 For I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment. 29 Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them. 30 And he said , Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent . 31 And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded , though one rose from the dead.

Jesus wore a toolbelt. He was a working man. I always liked that thought.

He was pretty serious about taking care of the vulnerable. Way serious.

Matthew 25:31-46 "When the Son of man shall come..." KJV - Online Bible Study
31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory: 32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats: 33 And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left. 34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come , ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: 35 For I was an hungred , and ye gave me meat : I was thirsty , and ye gave me drink : I was a stranger, and ye took me in : 36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick , and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me. 37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying , Lord, when saw we thee an hungred , and fed thee? or thirsty , and gave thee drink ? 38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in ? or naked, and clothed thee? 39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee? 40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me. 41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed , into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels: 42 For I was an hungred , and ye gave me no meat : I was thirsty , and ye gave me no drink : 43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in : naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not. 44 Then shall they also answer him, saying , Lord, when saw we thee an hungred , or athirst , or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee? 45 Then shall he answer them, saying , Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me. 46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

In His Heavenly Wisdom you can probably get away with calling Him communistic, he seem to abide name calling. You might want to vote in favor of school lunches though- he seems dead on serious about taking care of your fellow citizens, those without.

1 Timothy 6:15-19 "Which in his times he shall shew ,..." KJV - Online Bible Study
17 Charge them that are rich in this world, that they be not highminded , nor trust in uncertain riches, but in the living God, who giveth us richly all things to enjoy; 18 That they do good , that they be rich in good works, ready to distribute , willing to communicate; 19 Laying up in store for themselves a good foundation against the time to come , that they may lay hold on eternal life.

I'll finish with the Magnificat.

Luke 1:46-55 "And Mary said , My soul doth..." KJV - Online Bible Study
46 And Mary said , My soul doth magnify the Lord, 47 And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour. 48 For he hath regarded the low estate of his handmaiden: for, behold , from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed . 49 For he that is mighty hath done to me great things; and holy is his name. 50 And his mercy is on them that fear him from generation to generation. 51 He hath shewed strength with his arm; he hath scattered the proud in the imagination of their hearts. 52 He hath put down the mighty from their seats, and exalted them of low degree. 53 He hath filled the hungry with good things; and the rich he hath sent empty away . 54 He hath holpen his servant Israel, in remembrance of his mercy; 55 As he spake to our fathers, to Abraham, and to his seed for ever.

Peace. Food for thought and a brothers love, I can be sacrilegious as anyone but I have roots in a church upbringing.

captaincaveman

captaincaveman

TID Board Of Directors
Oct 17, 2010
It was meant humorously. Honest.

Peace. Food for thought and a brothers love, I can be sacrilegious as anyone but I have roots in a church upbringing.

I would never take the post any other way good sir! :)

Does Jesus hate the rich?

With much respect, I think you got it all wrong brother. The rich are distracted by possessions. The poor are distracted by envy and jealously. Some rich despise the poor. Some poor despise the rich. Who has committed the greater sin in God's eyes? The rich man or the poor man?

With all this being said, you have committed the greatest bulletin board infraction of all. You replied to a locked thread using your special super moderator stomper powers. All sin can be forgiven....but you are walking a fine line brother! LOL

marx

marx

MuscleHead
Sep 29, 2010
Busted your ass? You are info-rich. It is obvious you did not work for the information. You have way too much information and obviously have abused a lot of common info gatherers (and they actually do the work). I am certain you do not even pay them a living wage. You suck the life out of these working masses and use their work to build your post count.

In basic fairness, you should be forced to send half of your posts to other users via PM....maybe more. You may need to send all your posts to those with less time and information. It just depends. It took years for you to build up your wealth on the backs of the board masses. You may need to give ALL of your work product back to the people! Board masses, UNITE!

Research, hard work, and commitment. LOL
Those are simply code words for "screw you of lower status. I am the super info-rich 1%."

Who loves you bro LOL- no homo :)

marx

marx

MuscleHead
Sep 29, 2010
I would never take the post any other way good sir! :)

Does Jesus hate the rich?

With much respect, I think you got it all wrong brother. The rich are distracted by possessions. The poor are distracted by envy and jealously. Some rich despise the poor. Some poor despise the rich. Who has committed the greater sin in God's eyes? The rich man or the poor man?

With all this being said, you have committed the greatest bulletin board infraction of all. You replied to a locked thread using your special super moderator stomper powers. All sin can be forgiven....but you are walking a fine line brother! LOL

Look at the scripture cited. The guy who is burning in hell because he didn't care for Lazarus? Seems hated. Hell fire and all. And we are given that unless his brothers learn from scripture to be just, they'll be cooking with him..

This thread aint locked. I am sworn to protect truth, Justice and the American Way! No hanky pankky :)

The scripture says it. Eye of a needle- yup, aramaic, meaning a sewing tool, not a doorway.

It is what it is. Be kind. :)

captaincaveman

captaincaveman

TID Board Of Directors
Oct 17, 2010
Look at the scripture cited. The guy who is burning in hell because he didn't care for Lazarus? Seems hated. Hell fire and all. And we are given that unless his brothers learn from scripture to be just, they'll be cooking with him..

This thread aint locked. I am sworn to protect truth, Justice and the American Way! No hanky pankky :)

The scripture says it. Eye of a needle- yup, aramaic, meaning a sewing tool, not a doorway.

It is what it is. Be kind. :)

It was locked. :)

"Surely the most elementary mistake when reading the Bible is to pull a sentence or a passage out of context. The context includes not only the scriptures before and after the verse in question, but all the Bible, as well as the historical and cultural context shared by the original speaker and his audience.

So what was the context of Jesus' remarks about the rich?

Do you remember that God's good friend Abraham was wealthy? "Now Abram was very rich in livestock, in silver and in gold," Genesis 13:2 informs us. Job was the richest man in the land. Isaac, Jacob/Israel, Joseph, David, Solomon — all loaded. Those whom God loved in the Old Testament, He often favored with a level of wealth that would have put Bill Gates in a coma. Solomon was so rich that his entire kingdom was awash in gold. Yes, how about that? — "Trickle-down economics" in the Bible. Silver was so plentiful that it was no longer a precious metal."

Are these men in heaven? I hope so...along with many poor people. We are all equal in God's eyes...innocent children are the only one's I believe are different. (Another thread)

6While Jesus was in Bethany in the home of a man known as Simon the Leper, 7a woman came to him with an alabaster jar of very expensive perfume, which she poured on his head as he was reclining at the table.

8When the disciples saw this, they were indignant. “Why this waste?” they asked. 9“This perfume could have been sold at a high price and the money given to the poor.”

10Aware of this, Jesus said to them, “Why are you bothering this woman? She has done a beautiful thing to me. 11The poor you will always have with you, but you will not always have me. 12When she poured this perfume on my body, she did it to prepare me for burial. 13I tell you the truth, wherever this gospel is preached throughout the world, what she has done will also be told, in memory of her.”

Jesus more important than giving to the poor? WOW. (Not the message...but kinda funny when people think this and APPLY it incorrectly)

Rich men and teachers will be held to a higher standard brother. Judgment Day will be hell on many of them. "Depart from me for I never knew you." (Jesus means he knows your heart...no matter your outward actions or your status in the world.)

Thank you for the discussion. I wish all members could discuss thing this way. Let us be an example for them! (Well, me any way.) LOL

MuchoNoHomoLoveOBromo!

-CC-

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
OMG we went from politics to religion...

99124221did_not_read.gif

marx

marx

MuscleHead
Sep 29, 2010
I like this thread. Lots of thought, perspective shared, POB has bitchin' gifs LOL

I got a graph.

Info rich, LOL

b0f3e9dfc0950dde3fe40865c2f23b79b1862ce1.jpg

AND

iamthe1percentbecauseim.jpg

SHINE

Friends Remembered
Oct 11, 2010
It was locked. :)

"Surely the most elementary mistake when reading the Bible is to pull a sentence or a passage out of context. The context includes not only the scriptures before and after the verse in question, but all the Bible, as well as the historical and cultural context shared by the original speaker and his audience.

So what was the context of Jesus' remarks about the rich?

Do you remember that God's good friend Abraham was wealthy? "Now Abram was very rich in livestock, in silver and in gold," Genesis 13:2 informs us. Job was the richest man in the land. Isaac, Jacob/Israel, Joseph, David, Solomon — all loaded. Those whom God loved in the Old Testament, He often favored with a level of wealth that would have put Bill Gates in a coma. Solomon was so rich that his entire kingdom was awash in gold. Yes, how about that? — "Trickle-down economics" in the Bible. Silver was so plentiful that it was no longer a precious metal."

Are these men in heaven? I hope so...along with many poor people. We are all equal in God's eyes...innocent children are the only one's I believe are different. (Another thread)

6While Jesus was in Bethany in the home of a man known as Simon the Leper, 7a woman came to him with an alabaster jar of very expensive perfume, which she poured on his head as he was reclining at the table.

8When the disciples saw this, they were indignant. “Why this waste?” they asked. 9“This perfume could have been sold at a high price and the money given to the poor.”

10Aware of this, Jesus said to them, “Why are you bothering this woman? She has done a beautiful thing to me. 11The poor you will always have with you, but you will not always have me. 12When she poured this perfume on my body, she did it to prepare me for burial. 13I tell you the truth, wherever this gospel is preached throughout the world, what she has done will also be told, in memory of her.”

Jesus more important than giving to the poor? WOW. (Not the message...but kinda funny when people think this and APPLY it incorrectly)

Rich men and teachers will be held to a higher standard brother. Judgment Day will be hell on many of them. "Depart from me for I never knew you." (Jesus means he knows your heart...no matter your outward actions or your status in the world.)

Thank you for the discussion. I wish all members could discuss thing this way. Let us be an example for them! (Well, me any way.) LOL

MuchoNoHomoLoveOBromo!

-CC-

Darn Cap'n didn't know you could preach! lol right-on

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic