Latest Member
arcticranger
What's New?

Upper chest - Who's got one?

big_paul_ski

big_paul_ski

MuscleHead
Dec 13, 2010
I have a great upper chest. I would save the fly movements for last. Back in the day to bring it up I started with incline BB or DB for about a year and that worked great. For me I used an incline no greater than 30 degrees. It doesn't take much to get more focus to the upper pec an far as the degree of incline. Now I just start with inclines every other workout. And like said in other posts here genetics play a roll as well. You upper gets hit pretty good even with flat presses so you would see ok development even if you never did inclines.

Stumpy

Stumpy

Olé, Olé, Olé VIP
Sep 29, 2010
I'm with the genetic thing, It'll come when it's going to come.

kyle grey

kyle grey

MuscleHead
May 15, 2012
Agree with the advice above , one other trick I used was to always train chest in a big baggy sweat top but I modified the neck in all mine by cutting the area so it was like always exposed kinda like those rag tops u used to get . That way when I trained chest the upper clavicles were the only part of my upper body on show if its weak you can't run and can't hide .

Zomb131

Zomb131

MuscleHead
Jan 31, 2011
Genetics, it's how the pec grows. Want to enhance the upper part of the pec major, site inject to stretch the fascia.

Rein

Rein

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2010
Don't lower your arms past the point in which they are parallel to the floor (to minimize front delt and tricep involvement) and take a full 3-4 seconds for the negative phase and 1-2 seconds for the eccentric phase. Use a weight which is 60-70% of your 1RM and rest no more than 90-120"

Emphasize on incline dumbbell presses.

Also don't train your chest for more than 45' and don't do more than 12-15 sets.

I don't think I need to stress out how important proper nutrition is.

I can guarantee that you will notice significant difference in less than a month if you follow this program.

Last edited:
J

J_J

Mar 28, 2012
Want bigger muscles? Use heavier weights. And take more time off between trips to the gym. Simple.

Dex

Dex

VIP Member
Mar 30, 2011
Well guys, I appreciate the info but I'm not a newb. I was just curious if anyone has any special moves that helped improve their upper chest. I see a lot of guys with lower chest development but the upper is definitely harder to hit

big_paul_ski

big_paul_ski

MuscleHead
Dec 13, 2010
Well guys, I appreciate the info but I'm not a newb. I was just curious if anyone has any special moves that helped improve their upper chest. I see a lot of guys with lower chest development but the upper is definitely harder to hit

Your welcome bro. I don't know any special moved bro.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic