Members
Latest Member
BluueWater_Hunter
What's New?

Upper Back Thickness

F

forrest

Sep 15, 2010
This is mainly my biggest trouble spot... Being able to develop my rear dealts, traps and just over all thickness in my upper back.

Share your excersises and philosophy on working for upper back thickness....

Obviously some people dont have that problem, but im not one of them.

jandj0821

jandj0821

VIP Member
Jul 7, 2011
heavy heavy heavy. Lower your reps and increase the weights. Dead lifts, Kroc rows, suitcase deads. all good stuff.

ritch

ritch

MuscleHead
Dec 4, 2011
I really like t-bar rows and supinated barbell rows.

kyle grey

kyle grey

MuscleHead
May 15, 2012
Many years ago a top trainer said to me " half your current weight on all back exercises " I reluctantly agreed but was later amazed at the results .To develop the area you need to learn to squeeze the back muscles with every rep and imagine your hands as hooks using your upper back muscles as the prime movers .

SHINE

Friends Remembered
Oct 11, 2010
Many years ago a top trainer said to me " half your current weight on all back exercises " I reluctantly agreed but was later amazed at the results .To develop the area you need to learn to squeeze the back muscles with every rep and imagine your hands as hooks using your upper back muscles as the prime movers .

Some of the best advice i've heard in a-while, good post.

Rancor418

Rancor418

MuscleHead
Aug 8, 2011
Heavy as hell deadlifting and barbell rows are working for me. It's pretty much that simple...

My back is one of the areas I wanted to focus on this year. This is pretty much what I have increased but I'm also doing dumbbell rows also to work each side AFTER my barbell rows.

JR Ewing

JR Ewing

MuscleHead
Nov 9, 2012
Good responses here. I do very heavy (1-5 reps) rack pulls every other workout - and heavy pullups, bb bent rows, and old school t-bar rows every workout.

Anything else is icing on the cake, but I'll usually finish up with several sets of either heavy seated machine low rows OR 1 arm DB rows, along with a couple of sets of pulldowns at the very end.

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
Good responses here. I do very heavy (1-5 reps) rack pulls every other workout - and heavy pullups, bb bent rows, and old school t-bar rows every workout.

Anything else is icing on the cake, but I'll usually finish up with several sets of either heavy seated machine low rows OR 1 arm DB rows, along with a couple of sets of pulldowns at the very end.

What, no deadlifts???? Sacriledge!!!!

oldschool1967

oldschool1967

VIP Member
Aug 6, 2011
My whole shoulder girdle thickness took off after years and years of trials and errors..****ing heavy ass barbell rows for me, I have been accused of sloppy form, but after 30 years of getting so little bang for my buck, I piled the weight on barbell rows, sometimes as much as 405 for a few (3-5) reps..don't try this unless you have some time under your belt and one hell of a grip.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic