LightweightDustin Poiriervs.Benoît Saint Denis
WelterweightKevin Hollandvs.Michael Page
WelterweightGilbert Burnsvs.Jack Della Maddalena
BantamweightPetr Yanvs.Song Yadong
HeavyweightCurtis Blaydesvs.Jailton Almeida
Women's FlyweightKatlyn Cerminaravs.Maycee Barber
LightweightMateusz Gamrotvs.Rafael dos Anjos
BantamweightPedro Munhozvs.Kyler Phillips

I added the prelims as they could be a fight night unto themselves.
O'malley vs Chito is a good match. It will stay on the feet and both guys are great strikers. I really think it will be a very technical battle. Chito may shoot from time to time but O'malley has good TD D. Chito lost to Sandhagen who is a long lanky fighter and I think O'Malley is better.

Poirier vs BSD OOHWEE! This is a banger! Poirier is coming off a loss to Gaethje, KO via headkick. BSD won his last by a head kick KO. This one means something. For Poirier, staying in the top 5 and for BSD gaining traction for a title run. BSD has not fought a guy as good as Poirier though. Great fight.

Holland vs Venom Page Holland will welcome Venom to the UFC. Holland is a tough crafty fighter just outside the top 10. Holland is unranked and looking to make a splash. I have seen him fight in Bellator in person. Venoms leg kicks are BRUTAL! I look forward to these guys going at it. Both have lost 1 in their last 3.

Burns vs JDM, helluva fight. Burns is a fireplug that can bang and will bang but also has a very underrated sub game. especially chokes. JDM is a hard nosed striker with otherworldly cardio which is a weapon vs Burns who tends to fade. He is on a 16 fight win streak. and is ranked 11. Burns is #4 even with a loss recently. My pick for fight of the night.

Yan vs Song. top 10 match up here. Yan is ranked high even with 3 losses and 1 win in his last 4 two by split decision. Song has 1 loss in his last 4. Yan beat Sandhagen but Song lost to him. If style make fights, this one will be an example. I love Yan's boxing.

I will not put commentary for the prelims but they are good fights for sure!

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
2 days away for this MF'r!!! Can't WAIT!!!

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
BUMP: TONIGHT!!!

USMCRabi

USMCRabi

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2012
How did that knee not KO Vera. That dude has a stone chin. Sugar put on a show last night. I needed the KO to hit this.

1000014146.jpg

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
BantamweightSean O'Malley (c)def.Marlon VeraDecision (unanimous) (50–45, 50–45, 50–44)55:00
LightweightDustin Poirierdef.Benoît Saint DenisKO (punches)22:32
WelterweightMichael Pagedef.Kevin HollandDecision (unanimous) (29–28, 29–28, 29–28)35:00
WelterweightJack Della Maddalenadef.Gilbert BurnsKO (knee and elbows)33:43
BantamweightPetr Yandef.Song YadongDecision (unanimous) (29–28, 29–28, 29–28)35:00

Sean vs Chito, first off, O'Malley is a sniper. that dude has those long arms and fights with his length as good as any MMA fighter in the world. His timing is perfect too. Chito is SO tough. He took a beating and kept fighting, he is as game as they come. Sal D'amato gave O'Malley a 10-8 in the 5th. It was not although dominant. O'Malley won all 5 rounds, he faded and got hit in the 4th but got still won. He got hit a lot more and many of his punches were slower. That 5th he came out strong, his corner told him to pot shot and move. NOPE! he went for the finish. He even took that NASTY body shot just right of center to the solar plexus, I watched it a few times and he was on an he appeared to be breathing out so that hurt double. Anyway a technical great fight.

I only saw the last two fights. BSD is a monster! But Poirier did what he does and used that pinpoint boxing to get the big KO. Me and my son both did the low volume scream (My wife was in bed asleep) If you do not like Poirier then you suck!

• Fight of the Night: Dustin Poirier vs. Benoît Saint Denis
  • Performance of the Night: Sean O’Malley, Jack Della Maddalena, Curtis Blaydes, Michel Pereira and Robelis Despaigne

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic