Latest Member
arcticranger
What's New?

Turbolag's Lifting Log and Other Stuff

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
Hate to see you if that was a weak day ?!

What belt did you get, who do you use to buy your gear from online? I've always ran through LiftingLarge, good prices and fast delivery. I have a few friends that use Anderson's site as well. Hope you have a great weekend, any training on the cards?

Thanks man.

I ordered an Inzer 10mm Forever lever. I had to send it back today because it was a size too big. So hopefully ill have it next week.

I ordered my belt off of Inzer.com , I have a bench shirt that I use sometimes. I bought it from a friend who sells Inzer equipment. I also bought my dead lifting suit from him. It's nice when you can buy in person because you can get your size right the first time. Haha.

I think I've heard of Anderson's. I think Henry Thomas is sponsored by them. That's where I first saw them is on his YouTube page.

Training for the weekend is dead lift and back. I dunno how it's gonna go because I'm still fatigued from squats.

What about you ? I can't wait to read more of your log.

I hope you have a great weekend also.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
I hope you have a great back session. I've got squats coming up (rep work) so heading down to the gym tonight sometime, I normally train about 9pm once the kids are up in bed.

When's your next meet coming up? Assuming you lift equipped?

Turbolag

Turbolag

Oct 14, 2012
Nice man, I can't wait to read your workout!

Not sure on my next meet. Right now I think I just wanna focus on getting as strong as I can.

I hardly ever get in my gear, but my only two meets have been push pull meets equipped. Haha

I'd like to do a ungeared meet though.

Where is your next meet?

Last edited:
Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
Well you have some great numbers, just keep doing your thing and I guess the benefit you have is you could probably pick out a meet at quite short notice. I'm sure you could do pretty well just from glancing through your log.

My prep starts in a couple of weeks, I'll take about 10wks to get ready. Meet is April 20th. Hoping for something like S 308/ B 242/ D440

Turbolag

Turbolag

Oct 14, 2012
Thanks man. You do too!

Man those numbers are really impressive!

Turbolag

Turbolag

Oct 14, 2012
02/03/2013 Dead lift day

Warm up

Dead lift: un equipped. Wearing shorts, t-shirt, Valeo belt, and Converse shoes

135 X 2

135 X 2

185 X 2

185 X 2

225 X 2

225 X 2

255 X 2

275 X 5

275 X 5

275 X 5

Standing good mornings: Bending to about 45 degrees, stopped on the pins

bar X 5

115 X 5

115 X 8

Lat pull down machine:

2 X 8

Seated rows:

3 X 8

Bent over barbell rows:

135 X 5

135 X 5

Standing barbell curls:

bar X 5

95 X 5

95 X 8

Dumbbell shrugs:

45 x 8

55 X 8

70 X 8

90 X 8

Hyper extensions: 70 lbs barbell

2 X 8

Lying leg curls:

2 X 8

Hamstring exercise: Lay on the floor, put these discs under your feet (they slide on carpet)

2 X 8

Hip abductors/adductors:

2 X 15

Glute press machine:

2 X 8

Planks

Lying leg raises

Reverse hyper extensions off a box

stretched

I learned something about my dead lift form this workout. After watching some videos online of people pulling sumo, (I like to pull conventional), I realized I have been setting my hips TOO high before I start pulling. So I'm setting up to pull sumo but am pulling conventional. Today I made sure to lower my hips before starting to pull. This felt like it made a big difference. I felt like I was in the grove better pulling this way. And also, it set my shoulders up to roll back as I pull up. So I think I'm going to keep pulling this way. I forgot how hard it is to do reps of 5 on dead lift! I was breathing heavy after the 3 sets.

My back has been REALLY tight this past week. Its more in my right glute and hamstring. the tightness there is BAD. Tried to do more hip, lower back and ab work today.

It helped a little. Idk why everything is so tight. I didn't do a lot of ab and lower back work the past two workouts because I was so tired after the workout. So that might be why.

Turbolag

Turbolag

Oct 14, 2012
02/04/2013 Shoulder day

Warm up

Standing over head press:

Wave 1: 175 X 3, 185 X 2, 195 X 1 ( wasn't quite able to lock out )

Standing side dumbbell raises:

25 X 8

30 X 8

30 X 8

Standing front dumbbell raises:

15 X 8

20 X 8

20 X 8

Lower back machine:

2 X 20

Hyper extensions: body weight

2 X 10

Planks

Stretched

Rotator cuff exercise

2 Shoulder rehab exercises

Foam roller

I think I am going to stop wave loading. I read it takes a toll on your CNS and I think after running it for 5 weeks its wearing my CNS down.

I've learned from past workouts when I was dead lifting and my numbers started to go backwards, you don't wanna come back the next week and do the same thing and just try harder. You have to change what your doing. So I think I need to start a new program for shoulders and bench.

I'm not really sure what program I'm going to run. I'm thinking either 5X5, or 5/3/1. I'm going to do wave loading again, I liked it, and I was able to break through some mental barriers on bench. Like un racking 315 on my own. So I think I'll run it again, just only for a month at a time.

Turbolag

Turbolag

Oct 14, 2012
02/06/2013 Squat Day

Warm up

Dynamic squats: with loose band. Un geared. Shorts, t-shirt, regular shoes and Valeo belt

Bar X 2

135 X 2

Add loose band

135 X 2

185 X 2

185 X 2

185 X 2

185 X 2

185 X 2

Walking lunges: body weight, down the hall way and back.

Leg extensions:

3 X 10

Standing calve raises:

3 X 10

Plank

Stretched

Torso twisting machine: 1 set

Foam roller on glutes and hips

I'm starting a new workout plan on Monday. So I probably won't bench on Friday. And if I dead lift on Sunday it will be dynamic effort.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
I hear you with the deadlifts, I think that's why I'm liking the Cube training as each week is different and the rotation of it all makes so much sense.

Nice couple of sessions above ~ hope you are having a great week so far. Much on for the weekend?

Turbolag

Turbolag

Oct 14, 2012
Thanks man.

I actually have something to do this weekend! In October last year I was in a small motorcycle accident. After being disgusted for 3 months I ordered the parts to repair the bike yesterday. So this weekend I'm going to take off the wrecked parts. I should have a piece I need tomorrow, getting it local. Everything else is coming from eBay.

What about you? Plans?

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
That's good to hear you are okay, what bike do you have?

Me, just hanging out with the family then planning to take my bike out for a long(ish) ride on Sunday. Mine's nothing flash, just got my learners license a little under a year ago so finally feeling like I have good control of it now!

404092_10150653671648720_891499966_n.jpg

That's my ride, then since that photo I've just fitted a few bags, bottle holder and windshield on ready for some Summer camping trips.

Turbolag

Turbolag

Oct 14, 2012
Whoa man that's an awesome bike ! I love it ! How long have you had it ?

I've only had my license since last June I think.

Here's mine. I really like it. I would absolutely recommend it.

9u3jit.jpg

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic