angelarbatt
What's New?

Tucker Carlson leaving FOX News

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
Let's all hold our powder until we get a little more information. If I recall, Carlson was one of the people asking for documentary proof of the Dominion interference. I don't recall him being a big cheerleader in that whole mess, but maybe I'm not remembering that correctly.

The fact that he thinks Trump is full of shit is no biggie. I think Trump is full of it as well, and I'd vote for him in a heartbeat against Biden, and so will tons of others. If you don't like Carlson, I get it. But I find his maverick nature refreshing. He was a Buchanan, America first, Main Street populist before it was cool, and he's stayed pretty true to his roots. Some people get all huffy about Ukraine, but what conversation has really been had? What IS the US policy on Ukraine? other than our military contractors making billions and charging it to the US gov't credit card. It's not insane for questioning whether that's the best solution.

I'm not really sure how I feel about Ukraine. I like Ukraine better than Russia, but that doesn't mean that kleptocracy that is Ukraine deserves $500B of military aid when our southern border is porous, and Mexican drug cartels are killing over 100,000 Americans per year will fentanyl.

Last edited:
I

Iron1

VIP Member
Jul 7, 2021
What's clear to me is he is completely about entertainment and making money.

The lawyers representing Fox agree with you.

"As Defendant notes, Mr. Carlson himself aims to “challenge[] political correctness and media bias.” This “general tenor” of the show should then inform a viewer that he is not “stating actual facts” about the topics he discusses and is instead engaging in “exaggeration” and “non-literal commentary.” Fox persuasively argues, that given Mr. Carlson’s reputation, any reasonable viewer “arrive with an appropriate amount of skepticism” about the statements he makes."

Even Fox themselves through their lawyers went on record to say Carlson is a liar and the people that believe him are fools.

Text of the McDougal v Fox News defamation suit:

lifter6973

lifter6973

Jul 3, 2021
The lawyers representing Fox agree with you.

"As Defendant notes, Mr. Carlson himself aims to “challenge[] political correctness and media bias.” This “general tenor” of the show should then inform a viewer that he is not “stating actual facts” about the topics he discusses and is instead engaging in “exaggeration” and “non-literal commentary.” Fox persuasively argues, that given Mr. Carlson’s reputation, any reasonable viewer “arrive with an appropriate amount of skepticism” about the statements he makes."

Even Fox themselves through their lawyers went on record to say Carlson is a liar and the people that believe him are fools.

Text of the McDougal v Fox News defamation suit:
But isn't that what all the networks do, left or right? Carlson is def all about entertainment and money/numbers but he should not be a scapegoat for Fox. It is a bad decision for them moneywise I think.
It seems this may be more about the producer discrimination suit against him. It has to be something quite significant for them to knock out their top talent.

I

Iron1

VIP Member
Jul 7, 2021
But isn't that what all the networks do, left or right? Carlson is def all about entertainment and money/numbers but he should not be a scapegoat for Fox. It is a bad decision for them moneywise I think.
It seems this may be more about the producer discrimination suit against him. It has to be something quite significant for them to knock out their top talent.

Possibly and if the shoe were on the other foot that networks lawyers might very well have made the same argument to save their bacon. To my knowledge Tuckers show may be the only one with a legal statement from someone representing the network in an official capacity that what he's presenting as news is not truthful or to be believed by "any reasonable viewer".

This stuff is very interesting to me and I'd enjoy learning if other networks have made a legal declaration discrediting what they're presenting as news.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
People making noise about Tucker Carlson not being a news journalist are being a bit disingenuous. He's always put himself out there, and was marketed by Fox as an opinion journalist. That doesn't mean that he has a license to lie, but it does mean that he makes no bones about the fact that he's trying to persuade you to adopt a certain point of view. And his desire to do so impacts the items he chooses to focus on in his reporting.

His reporting on the January 6 video tapes was all true. What made people go bat-shit crazy was that the portions of the video he showed undermined the narrative put forth by the 1/6 Congressional Committee and the mainstream media that the riots on 1/6 were a violent insurrection.

The video showed that it was far from a violent insurrection. So who lied? Tucker Carlson, a guy who doesn't purport to be a news journalist, or the 1/6 Committee and the MSM? Both the 1/6 Committee and the MSM lied their asses off, and not their opinion people telling you it's their opinion this was a bad event; rather their hard news reporters. Lied straight to your face.

People don't like Tucker Carlson because he's effective. Plain and simple. He was right that the MSM lied about the Steele Dossier, he was right that the MSM lied about the Russia hoax, he was right that the MSM lied about the Hunter Biden laptop, and he was right that the MSM lied about 1/6. Does anyone see a pattern here? Who's lying to you????

fasttwitch

fasttwitch

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2011
It's the lawsuits. This is fallout. Fox paid out 750 million. And that was the smaller of the lawsuits. The second lawsuit will be far more expensive. And the company suing Fox is demanding not only more money, but a full retraction and written apology for Fox spreading election nonsense which crippled their business.. Even after dozens of internal emails show that Tucker and other hosts were knowingly fabricating election nonsense in an effort to appease Trump. Fox hosts are on record as stating that the election of 2020 was not rigged, was valid, but still they kept on spinning a story.

Because they have audience lock.

MorganKane

MorganKane

VIP Member
Nov 12, 2012
Let's all hold our powder until we get a little more information. If I recall, Carlson was one of the people asking for documentary proof of the Dominion interference. I don't recall him being a big cheerleader in that whole mess, but maybe I'm not remembering that correctly.

What else do you need?
Its proven that he lied about what he reported. He didnt believe the election was stolen, its all found during the discovery procedure from the Dominion lawsuit.
The lies created huge turmoil in this country and the lie from both him and Trump has cost millions in lawsuits alone.
When you lie and it costs your company 787.5 million dollars you will be held accountable.

What I dont understand is why people still support him and accept the lies.
The same people who says they dont trust the MSM because of lies and agenda is still supporting his lies and this agenda.

Seeing him and Lemon gones is a good day.

I

Iron1

VIP Member
Jul 7, 2021
People making noise about Tucker Carlson not being a news journalist are being a bit disingenuous. He's always put himself out there, and was marketed by Fox as an opinion journalist. That doesn't mean that he has a license to lie, but it does mean that he makes no bones about the fact that he's trying to persuade you to adopt a certain point of view. And his desire to do so impacts the items he chooses to focus on in his reporting.

His reporting on the January 6 video tapes was all true. What made people go bat-shit crazy was that the portions of the video he showed undermined the narrative put forth by the 1/6 Congressional Committee and the mainstream media that the riots on 1/6 were a violent insurrection.

The video showed that it was far from a violent insurrection. So who lied? Tucker Carlson, a guy who doesn't purport to be a news journalist, or the 1/6 Committee and the MSM? Both the 1/6 Committee and the MSM lied their asses off, and not their opinion people telling you it's their opinion this was a bad event; rather their hard news reporters. Lied straight to your face.

People don't like Tucker Carlson because he's effective. Plain and simple. He was right that the MSM lied about the Steele Dossier, he was right that the MSM lied about the Russia hoax, he was right that the MSM lied about the Hunter Biden laptop, and he was right that the MSM lied about 1/6. Does anyone see a pattern here? Who's lying to you????

By the networks own admission what Tucker is presenting is rhetorical hyperbole and not statements of fact to be believed by "any reasonable viewer" and that's fine so long as the viewers of that content treat it as such, but by in large they don't.

Therein lies (one of many) issues with what Tucker and other propagandists do. They present enough fact and use extremely curated language during the course of their broadcast to make people think the opinion pieces are factual too. The problem is once that broadcaster routinely engages in crossing the line into intentional rhetorical hyperbole and their content fails the standard of journalism, there is no reasonable way for a viewer to discern what is fact and what isn't. The only reasonable conclusion as a viewer is that everything needs to be assumed to be opinion and treated as such. But the majority seem incapable of separating fact from opinion and the presentation intentionally obfuscates that line. They tune in and blindly believe the bullshit even after the network came right out and said that nobody should be believing what leaves their mouths but that's the power of propaganda.

Whatever fluffed up title applied to him and people like him is irrelevant.

On the subject of knowingly broadcasting false information; Dominion brought suit against FNN including those handling Tucker alleging "that FNN “endorsed, repeated, and broadcast a series of verifiably false yet devastating lies about Dominion.” Dominion claims that Fox made various defamatory statements about Dominion in twenty broadcasts, and categorizes the statements into four subsections: (1) “the fraud lie,” (2) “the algorithm lie,” (3) “the Venezuela lie,” and (4) “the kickback lie.”"

If the talking heads at FNN weren't broadcasting verifiable falsities as Dominion alleges, Fox just lost $800m to settle that lawsuit for nothing.

hawkeye

hawkeye

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2011

I think the release of the January 6 tapes ruffled some feathers as mentioned. I think I read somewhere that Fox was not happy with his release of the videos.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
No one is going to convince me that the 2020 election was on the "up and up." Sorry, it wasn't. Before the 2020 election, Obama had received the most votes of any US president at 69 million votes. Biden got 81 million votes. 12 million more votes than Obama. No way.

We all saw his campaign stops. No one was there. Most of the time, Biden was campaigning from his basement.

Even more persuasive of the fraud was that the GOP did very well on down-ticket races. For that to happen AND Biden end up with 81 million votes, a bunch of GOP voters voted GOP for their local races and voted Biden for President, OR a bunch of people didn't vote for anyone locally and only voted Biden for President. Sorry, that never happens.

Mail-in voting invites voter fraud. We all know it. Dems played that game better than the GOP. If that doesn't get fixed, the GOP has to have an answer for it.

And don't tell me that the intelligence communities letter debunking Hunter Biden's laptop two weeks before the election was not deep state election interference (at the request of the Biden campaign, as Morrell has admitted under oath to taking a call from Blinken and initiating the letter process in response for the purposes of Biden winning.

Again, Carlson will land on his feet, as he's got over 3 million loyal listeners/viewers. It'll be interesting to see what he decides to do. I'd sure like to see more of the 1/6 videos that were released.

I

Iron1

VIP Member
Jul 7, 2021
The same people who says they dont trust the MSM because of lies and agenda is still supporting his lies and this agenda.

What boggles my mind is that Fox News is the most vocal network to cry foul on the MSM while simultaneously having the largest viewer base of any US news network and has held such a lead since 2020. They are the biggest individual player in the MSM, an absolute entertainment juggernaut. In January this year the top 5 most watched news shows were all on Fox, they have nearly three times the viewers that CNN does. Shouting down the MSM from the throne of the MSM is an odd thing to observe.

Propaganda is a powerful drug.

MorganKane

MorganKane

VIP Member
Nov 12, 2012
What boggles my mind is that Fox News is the most vocal network to cry foul on the MSM while simultaneously having the largest viewer base of any US news network and has held such a lead since 2020. They are the biggest individual player in the MSM, an absolute entertainment juggernaut. In January this year the top 5 most watched news shows were all on Fox, they have nearly three times the viewers that CNN does. Shouting down the MSM from the throne of the MSM is an odd thing to observe.

Propaganda is a powerful drug.

Its supporters are nuts I think.
I guess the lies are more comfortable than the truth.

So many people including this place are bitching about the MSM lying but when their "guy" gets busted for it they bitch about that too.
Zero integrity.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic