Members
Latest Member
BluueWater_Hunter

Try a meet or not....

RedNeck

RedNeck

MuscleHead
Dec 30, 2010
I guess I just dont know what the rules are that you are suppose to follow as far as pausing and what not, and what would red light a lift.

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
Red can you post videos of your lifts?

RedNeck

RedNeck

MuscleHead
Dec 30, 2010
Nice numbers and a respectable total. I think you would do well you would just need to learn the timing and ref commands and your good to go.

thank you sir

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
Damn you really are a big ass Red Neck ! I'm jus a old turd but sometimes it's good to go and watch n check something out you want to compete in, you can see the areas you have questions on 1st hand. see how it runs, then sign the check and jump in . Give you a lil more familiarity and that = confidence.

Halo

Halo

VIP Member
Jul 5, 2011
You'll be glad that you did it and once you have one under your belt you'll be ready to plan a better approach to the next one. Plus they are a blast filled with really cool people.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
Man life is so short, even if you know you are not in contention to win IMO you should just do it for the experience. It's a wicked buzz and I can't even describe what you will go through. It's powerful stuff, literally.

Don't think ~ DO.

any1uno

any1uno

MuscleHead
Dec 22, 2010
I encourage you to take this challenge. We'll help you with the rules. BTW...Most judges will tell you to press on the bench.

As for keeping your butt down during bench...try positioning your feet differently.

You'll find that PLers are a unique group of people. They are very supportive of each other. Even though it's a competition. It's not so much about who can out lift who but more a competition with yourself. To push yourself to a higher level..to obtain a new personal best. It's a rewarding experience you won't regret. Good luck..I'll be following your progress. Welcome to the addiction!

BTW...when is this meet?????

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
There are a lot of rules but you'll train following them and than it won't be hard to perform the lifts properly. Getting set and than squatting after being given the command. Waiting for the press command when bench and holding the press till the rack command. Pulling without hitching and holding it for the down command, etc.

I'd say go for it and have fun. You first meet shouldn't be about the numbers. It should be about having fun, learning, gaining the experience.

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
There are a lot of rules but you'll train following them and than it won't be hard to perform the lifts properly. Getting set and than squatting after being given the command. Waiting for the press command when bench and holding the press till the rack command. Pulling without hitching and holding it for the down command, etc.

I'd say go for it and have fun. You first meet shouldn't be about the numbers. It should be about having fun, learning, gaining the experience.
^^^^^^THIS!!

But also, you'd really crush it in your division with some tutorials, your numbers are BIG!!!

.....I would go to a meet before you participate in one.....it's worth watching what it's all about. I'm doing my first in October and your numbers dwarf mine.

porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
BrotherIron has it right....

For the squat - after you unrack the weight, wait for the squat command, get below parallel, and hold it at the top until the judge tells you to rack it.
Bench - when the bar gets to your chest wait for the press call and wait for the rack call to rack it.
For deadlift just wait for the down call.

There isn't much more to it. The camaraderie is great, the atmosphere is cool, and it's a lot of fun.

Here's the thing. Gym numbers don't count for shit. Right now your PRs are 0,0 and 0.... but you have a good idea of where to start in a meet. Open conservatively so that you can go for good numbers with your next attempts instead of frantically trying to stay in the meet. It doesn't matter where you place in your first meet, and your numbers are more than respectable enough for you to be taken seriously at the meet. Just go out, lift cleanly and have fun.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
.....I would go to a meet before you participate in one.....it's worth watching what it's all about.
Good advice, always pays to know both the basic rules/commands and then find out if there are any slight differences with the fed you are going to be lifting with.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic