Attachments

• File 10-11-2016, 13 19 03.jpeg
    File 10-11-2016, 13 19 03.jpeg
    106.7 KB · Views: 135
Yaya

Yaya

VIP Member
Jun 25, 2012
Damn I love waking up and enjoying my toast with a nice slice of trump... America already feels better the last 48hrs

FlyingDragon

FlyingDragon

VIP Member
Nov 4, 2010
Yaya has been drinking Zimas again

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
and everything that Hillary and Obama wants(ed) to do was unconstitutional too. Hillary has a horrible, horrible second amendment voting history and she will wreak havoc on our second amendment, as well as the first amendment.

Let's not forget she thought it was ok to have her servants faxing and handling top secret information too, as well as the other hundreds of thousands of top secret documents she mishandled AND that she pulled enough strings with her corrupted power to get out of it. Oh, and covering up the many sex scandals and rape allegations. SHe's a real hero for women everywhere. Yeah, she sounds sooooo much better!

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Lol Swiper, my interpretation is so interesting that you come back days later to ask again? Basically, it is that in a democracy each citizen's vote would count equally so that there is a direct relationship between the citizens' choice and the final outcome. In a republic there are elected officials who decide the outcome on behalf of the general citizenry. Thus, on the federal level, none of us has a vote on upcoming laws, they are voted on by congressman and senators, then on to the president and the supreme court. Every 4 yrs, a president is elected, not directly by us, but by the electoral college. That usually works out well, but it does introduce the possibility of what happened in this election, and in 2000. All a moot point in a way, in any election that is so close to a 50-50 vote, there will be a LOT of unhappy people. If you reread my 2 posts that interested you, I was not suggesting that the 2016 election did not go according to "the rules." I was regretting that about 50% of America is unhappy, that it has happened before, and that it may happen again in other elections. And, I was wondering if there wouldn't be a better way to structure our government that preserves the democracy aspects and minimizes the discontent. I'm done, I usually avoid political and religious threads because they can become so time consuming and occasionally produce bad feelings.

GuerillaKilla

GuerillaKilla

Certified Pillow Biter
Jul 17, 2013
Rawdeal gives me good feelings in my nono parts

Swiper

Swiper

VIP Member
Jan 8, 2011
Lol Swiper, my interpretation is so interesting that you come back days later to ask again? Basically, it is that in a democracy each citizen's vote would count equally so that there is a direct relationship between the citizens' choice and the final outcome. In a republic there are elected officials who decide the outcome on behalf of the general citizenry. Thus, on the federal level, none of us has a vote on upcoming laws, they are voted on by congressman and senators, then on to the president and the supreme court. Every 4 yrs, a president is elected, not directly by us, but by the electoral college. That usually works out well, but it does introduce the possibility of what happened in this election, and in 2000. All a moot point in a way, in any election that is so close to a 50-50 vote, there will be a LOT of unhappy people. If you reread my 2 posts that interested you, I was not suggesting that the 2016 election did not go according to "the rules." I was regretting that about 50% of America is unhappy, that it has happened before, and that it may happen again in other elections. And, I was wondering if there wouldn't be a better way to structure our government that preserves the democracy aspects and minimizes the discontent. I'm done, I usually avoid political and religious threads because they can become so time consuming and occasionally produce bad feelings.

yes it does interest me. thank you for the reply. i like to hear people's thoughts on a republic like we have(or had) and a democracy, the pros and cons. the electoral college, the way US senators use to be chosen by state legislatures not the states popular vote. i never paid too much attention in history class during my limited schooling. it's all very interesting to me now.

i think my first post you quoted me, i came across as some smart ass know it all jerk. i didn't mean for it to sound like that.

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
yes it does interest me. thank you for the reply. i like to hear people's thoughts on a republic like we have(or had) and a democracy, the pros and cons. the electoral college, the way US senators use to be chosen by state legislatures not the states popular vote. i never paid too much attention in history class during my limited schooling. it's all very interesting to me now.

i think my first post you quoted me, i came across as some smart ass know it all jerk. i didn't mean for it to sound like that.

unfortunately the electoral college is here to stay. It prevents the majority from winning every single election. You think "Well, shouldn't that be the case?". The answer is not quite so simple in politics. For instance, there are currently more dems than republicans. Therefore, the winner would certainly be a dem every time. It also helps classes and occupations from being so severely under represented, like farmers. Ever see the map of the US and the areas in red and blue that voted for trump and clinton? The almost all of the blue you see are around major cities in NY, CA, FL etc. Could you imagine giving all of the voting power to LA and NYC?

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic