TID Lady Member
Mar 31, 2013
Yinz need to chill aht.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

OldManStrength

OldManStrength

VIP Member
Apr 8, 2015
Well I for one am a lot happier with the current result, as to what may have happened had the bitch won the election. ....

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
That shit always bothered me. Seems like whoever gets the most votes should win, no matter which one you like, and no matter which every 4 yr election you wanna discuss. But we have that mysterious electoral college thing, wtf with that?

In this case, and in 2000 when Gore edged Bush jr by a molecule but lost anyway, it hardly matters. That's the other thing that bothers me, with over 100 million ppl voting, and a near 50-50 split, somebody, actually millions of somebodies, will always feel like they lost. I'm American and grateful, but that parliamentary system a few of our global cousins have seems to keep things up for more frequent review by the voters.

Reactions: HGH
OldManStrength

OldManStrength

VIP Member
Apr 8, 2015
That shit always bothered me. Seems like whoever gets the most votes should win, no matter which one you like, and no matter which every 4 yr election you wanna discuss. But we have that mysterious electoral college thing, wtf with that?

In this case, and in 2000 when Gore edged Bush jr by a molecule but lost anyway, it hardly matters. That's the other thing that bothers me, with over 100 million ppl voting, and a near 50-50 split, somebody, actually millions of somebodies, will always feel like they lost. I'm American and grateful, but that parliamentary system a few of our global cousins have seems to keep things up for more frequent review by the voters.
I would love for this to happen, to get rid of that State vote number and just do it by the population majority vote.

Reactions: HGH
Swiper

Swiper

VIP Member
Jan 8, 2011
The USA is a republic not a democracy. in a democracy 50.1% of the people can rule all the people in the US. this is what the founding fathers wanted to avoid.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
The USA is a republic not a democracy. in a democracy 50.1% of the people can rule all the people in the US. this is what the founding fathers wanted to avoid.

Loves me some founding fathers, but, in your example, 49.9% can then rule all the people, and that is what the founding fathers wanted? NOT arguing Hillary-Trump here, or Gore-Bush, or anyone else, just wondering if there is some better way. LOTTA unhappy ppl either way, either winner, any given election year. Think I got the Republic vs Democracy distinction yrs before you helped me with it Swiper, but thanks for the refresher course. Any way near 50-50 elections like these can leave the people who voted for or against WHOever feeling better?

Swiper

Swiper

VIP Member
Jan 8, 2011
Loves me some founding fathers, but, in your example, 49.9% can then rule all the people, and that is what the founding fathers wanted? NOT arguing Hillary-Trump here, or Gore-Bush, or anyone else, just wondering if there is some better way. LOTTA unhappy ppl either way, either winner, any given election year. Think I got the Republic vs Democracy distinction yrs before you helped me with it Swiper, but thanks for the refresher course. Any way near 50-50 elections like these can leave the people who voted for or against WHOever feeling better?

what is your interpretation between a republic and a democracy?

GuerillaKilla

GuerillaKilla

Certified Pillow Biter
Jul 17, 2013
Didn't you guys hear? It's White-lash!!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic