Latest Member
jacobss

Trembling under heavy weight

porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
It happens..... it happens to everyone.

Like BI said, it could be a nervous system thing ( but not CNS, that term is misused) - and you just need to handle bigger weight more often.

I get it more when I'm depleted or when I'm not focussing on pushing my abs out in to my belt. Weak abs can have the same effect... usually a small muscle weakness in the chain used for the lift is the culprit.

Sometimes it's just mental - because a weight feels heavy you're just squeezing super tight so you shake.

EDIT - I just read JENNER'S post and can definitely agree with that as well. I have really tight hamstrings and me neglecting them can bring on a shake too. Good call JENNER

Jenner

Friends Remembered
Jan 9, 2012
It happens..... it happens to everyone.

Like BI said, it could be a nervous system thing ( but not CNS, that term is misused) - and you just need to handle bigger weight more often.

I get it more when I'm depleted or when I'm not focussing on pushing my abs out in to my belt. Weak abs can have the same effect... usually a small muscle weakness in the chain used for the lift is the culprit.

Sometimes it's just mental - because a weight feels heavy you're just squeezing super tight so you shake.

EDIT - I just read JENNER'S post and can definitely agree with that as well. I have really tight hamstrings and me neglecting them can bring on a shake too. Good call JENNER

Yea, it can be brutal...sometimes I just can't wait til I'm done with my sets...of course it's really only with R. Deads....guess I should be fuuking stretching eh....

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
I warm up with stiff leg DLs on DL day. I also do everything sumo. I DL sumo and I squat wide stance. Could be the hams... Im not sure.

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
On DL day, its hard to remember, I felt like it was both hams and quads. I was able to keep my knees out without a problem (sumo) and the didn't feel like they were going to cave inward. On Press day it was more my triceps and forearms. Squats I don't remember exactly. I think it was a lot like the deads only more in the hole.

I did see an improvement yesterday on dls. I have squats at the end of the week. I'll keep you folks updated.

jezjzzor085

jezjzzor085

Jan 4, 2014
Blood donating i did it yesterday, they say don't go to gym on that day
But I used to find some stuff to carry up the stairs to my house
Like old big TV or Pc screens and never had any problems
So yesterday gym was beautiful - maybe an extra survival package due to the blood loss

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
Blood donating i did it yesterday, they say don't go to gym on that day
But I used to find some stuff to carry up the stairs to my house
Like old big TV or Pc screens and never had any problems
So yesterday gym was beautiful - maybe an extra survival package due to the blood loss

Sounds like your brain was deprived of oxygen . . .

jezjzzor085

jezjzzor085

Jan 4, 2014
Sounds like your brain was deprived of oxygen . . .
No, austria, vienna ~ 200 meter sealevel and not Peru
The workout or the shit took a lot of breath
You think You think You have to think

C

C T J

Crossfit VIP
Jan 24, 2013
Heavy Jerk PRs...usually leg trembles. Sometimes looks like I'm dancing a little bit, especially with snatch grip.

Dex

Dex

VIP Member
Mar 30, 2011

Last edited by a moderator:
baitslinger

baitslinger

Oct 28, 2014
How about some foam rolling as part of your warm up. For me the IT band on the side of the legs gets tight and rolling helps loosen it up

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic