Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
angelarbatt
What's New?

TRAINING DAYS! | The wife and I killing bro splits.

Haymaker

Haymaker

Oct 21, 2015
PillarofBalance, uphillclimb, FLEXjs, monsoon, Alright guys, I took your advice. I was doing deadlifts today, unfortunately I don't have any boxes or anything so I was doing these off the ground, I also can't drop the weight, I have to lower it :-/ but anyway, after a substantial and great warmup I started with 225lbs (technically a PR) I was able to hit 3 sets of 5 reps and was feeling great so I loaded up the bar to 275lbs and was able to hit one set of 3 reps then a set of 2 reps(almost had the 3rd). It felt great and my back feels less taxed then when I do more reps with lower weight.

Big thanks guys and this workout will probably be in the next vid I post so you can let me know about my form and stuff.

I have also realized I definitely need to get some straps and/or chalk though. I was doing these bare handed and my grip was really getting taxed.

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
Chalk yes, wait on the straps. Your grip probably needs the work.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Build boxes. It's cheap, easy, and they'll last forever. Hell, you can take a bunch of 4x4's cut them to 20" lengths and tape them together using duct tape.

You should always chalk up when you're pulling. You should chalk your back when you squat. As for straps, if you want to use straps I suggest using Oly straps. They still require you to use your grip b/c they only help a little. Begin to open your hand and the bar will fall. You can make them too. Just buy some straps from REI and cut them to 20" fold them and voila... Oly straps.

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
Good job.

Straps no...build your grip, best thing for it.

Chalk yes...cheap too. Grab a big salad bowl at the dollar store to keep it open while in the garage.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic