Latest Member
arcticranger

Trading in the posing trunks for a singlet

chicken_hawk

chicken_hawk

MuscleHead
Oct 28, 2010
Lol thought u were going to the wwe lol
LMAO...ha ha my boys love the WWE so we have actually have had the wardrobe discussion and I decided I would wear paints ala the undertaker or road warriors if the WWE ever came calling.

Hawk

chicken_hawk

chicken_hawk

MuscleHead
Oct 28, 2010
So I'm estimating somewhere in the range of 585-600 S, 410-420 B, and 585-600 S? Those are great numbers for a 242lber bro. If you can hit those, you'll be ranked in the top 100 in the country of current 242 lifters.

Best of luck, keep us updated.

I was actually hoping for 560 or so in the squat and dead and 405 bench at 242. Realistically and humbly I would be mostly muscle at 242 as well. Thanks for the encouragement as I just don't want to make an ass of myself.

Hawk

Halo

Halo

VIP Member
Jul 5, 2011
Good luck Hawk as SAD said it's gonna grab you and the crowd is right too! Screw that cutting weight though, shit I had to put on 15 for my last meet so I could compete at 308 :) Made it to the scale at 280 just right, I normally eat pretty clean except when I'm visiting JB then all bets are off and IHOP is scared! Keep us up on your progress!

chicken_hawk

chicken_hawk

MuscleHead
Oct 28, 2010
Good luck Hawk as SAD said it's gonna grab you and the crowd is right too! Screw that cutting weight though, shit I had to put on 15 for my last meet so I could compete at 308 :) Made it to the scale at 280 just right, I normally eat pretty clean except when I'm visiting JB then all bets are off and IHOP is scared! Keep us up on your progress!
Ha Ha Sounds good Halo!
Keep you posted,
Hawk

hawkeye

hawkeye

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2011
It should be a good time for sure

Thanks bro!

I have been talking with a friend who is in pretty deep with the SPF, which seams to be a good fit for me...so shooting for March/April and then who knows?

That's good to hear...I dont think PLers are as uptight as bbers anyway. And thanks it's good to be back!

Similar story here, did two shows in my late 30's and just turned the big four 0 this year. Thanks and back at yah.

I am looking forward to it bro! I need to drop at least 13lbs to compete in 242 class. My lifts are not going to break any records, but I know they are clean lifts but I haven't singled for around 6 weeks S: 535x2 and 505x5 (Monday) B:395x2 D:535x2 (I think I had more, but forgot my chalk...yep I'm a noob).

Thanks,
Hawk

The SPF is a pretty solid federation with some damn good lifters. Westside guys compete in them as well as Mark Bell's group, Super Training from California. Jessie is a great fed president too. He is more than willing to help the federation out. I have heard he often offeres to pull his trailer with a mono and benches up to the destination of the meet. I think you will enjoy powerlifting. Decent numbers too. It's interesting about the comment of powerlifting being more of a brotherhood, I have heard that from several bodybuilders converted to powerlifters. I have a teammate that is taking a break from powerlifting and going in the opposite direction and he has noted that he thinks bodybuilders aren't quite as friendly either...meh who knows.

porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
The best advice I ever got, and will always give is to go and find a team to train with.

YOu can youtube training tips, guess openers and jumps, and ask every bro on the internet how to peak for a meet.... or you could have someone experienced who has seen you lift for months help you out. In a year I went from 450-350-540 training by myself, to 738, 440, 606 training with a team.

After that just make sure that you commit to a PL style routine, gone are the chest days, leg days and fucking arm days.... now it's squat day, bench day, and deadlift day.

Learn to rotate your rep scheme to include more doubles and singles, and then get used to contest style lifts, pausing benches, sinking squats, and learning the commands.

Welcome and good luck.

chicken_hawk

chicken_hawk

MuscleHead
Oct 28, 2010
The SPF is a pretty solid federation with some damn good lifters. Westside guys compete in them as well as Mark Bell's group, Super Training from California. Jessie is a great fed president too. He is more than willing to help the federation out. I have heard he often offeres to pull his trailer with a mono and benches up to the destination of the meet. I think you will enjoy powerlifting. Decent numbers too. It's interesting about the comment of powerlifting being more of a brotherhood, I have heard that from several bodybuilders converted to powerlifters. I have a teammate that is taking a break from powerlifting and going in the opposite direction and he has noted that he thinks bodybuilders aren't quite as friendly either...meh who knows.

From my experience, bbers are sort of a brotherhood when they are not competing, but on contest day, heck no! Everyone is so insecure and sizing each other up and rarely are words exchanged with a few exceptions. I remeber the days when I competed in paintball and everyone helped everyone with a few exceptions.

Hawk

chicken_hawk

chicken_hawk

MuscleHead
Oct 28, 2010
The best advice I ever got, and will always give is to go and find a team to train with.

YOu can youtube training tips, guess openers and jumps, and ask every bro on the internet how to peak for a meet.... or you could have someone experienced who has seen you lift for months help you out. In a year I went from 450-350-540 training by myself, to 738, 440, 606 training with a team.

After that just make sure that you commit to a PL style routine, gone are the chest days, leg days and fucking arm days.... now it's squat day, bench day, and deadlift day.

Learn to rotate your rep scheme to include more doubles and singles, and then get used to contest style lifts, pausing benches, sinking squats, and learning the commands.

Welcome and good luck.

Thanks for solid advice, I know I would benefit from some one on one for sure. I do have plans of meeting a buddy in OHIO and training with him and his crew for a few days. But locally, there are not many options that fit my lifestyle, I already train for 1 1/2 hrs and am not willing to add an hour of travel time to it. I do understand and appreciate the beneifts so I am looking for two or three guys to train with at the very least.

Hawk

Allrippedup

Allrippedup

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2012
I love it when someone says they're going to try out powerlifting because I know it's a foregone conclusion that they will get bitten bad by the PLing bug. Welcome to the ward of men sick with the obsession of PLing. Even if I'm competing against you, I'm still screaming at you to hit new PRs. It's like nothing I've ever experienced, and I absolutely love it. You will too.

:ChopperEmo:

Superman

Superman

VIP Member
Aug 28, 2012
I hope you do very well chicken hawk Great numbers bro, If you ever need some help please don't hesitate to hit me up. I bet if you incorporate some speed training you could very easily smash your personal bests and be an absolute monster at 242!

chicken_hawk

chicken_hawk

MuscleHead
Oct 28, 2010
I hope you do very well chicken hawk Great numbers bro, If you ever need some help please don't hesitate to hit me up. I bet if you incorporate some speed training you could very easily smash your personal bests and be an absolute monster at 242!

I may take you up on that, I am still trying to sort things out and loose my bbing roots LOL. And a decent PLing gym would be nice as well. But I am all alone besides online help at the moment.

Hawk

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic