Members
Latest Member
Kuma

Trading in the posing trunks for a singlet

chicken_hawk

chicken_hawk

MuscleHead
Oct 28, 2010
I have decided to throw my hat in the ring and do a Pling meet, most likely early spring. I have had some communication with Gonna B Big who has been more than helpful. I still need more help, but there is time. Truth be told I think PLing is a better fit for me anyway, from the minimal dieting to the crowd, not to mention the sport is objective; either you lift or you don't. Plus you can come in second and still be happy beating previous PR's. Right now GBBs advice is to lift raw which is what I am going to do and judging from my gym lifts I should be in the mix, so that's cool. Anyway any advice is always appreciated.

Hawk

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
Nice ! It's a great sport. Though I don't pl the people aren't much different than us strongfolk

marx

marx

MuscleHead
Sep 29, 2010
You'll rock it PL ing, C-Hawk. You got drive, brother! Let us know your progress.

Kick back, have some carbs too, bro :)

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Dieting is for gurls! Planning any meets?

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Powerlifting has worked out great for me. My weight is up, my lifts are waaaay up and I have much more fun training and competing. Good luck Hawk, I think you'll enjoy it. Good to see you around btw.

Allrippedup

Allrippedup

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2012
I did the same thing, bro. Competed in BB for 2 years in my early 40's. No regrets as it was on my bucket list. Been competing in powerlifting for about 4 years now and having a blast. Powerlifting is way more of a brotherhood too. Good luck, man.

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
I love it when someone says they're going to try out powerlifting because I know it's a foregone conclusion that they will get bitten bad by the PLing bug. Welcome to the ward of men sick with the obsession of PLing. Even if I'm competing against you, I'm still screaming at you to hit new PRs. It's like nothing I've ever experienced, and I absolutely love it. You will too.

What weight class are you looking at and what are your current PRs?

chicken_hawk

chicken_hawk

MuscleHead
Oct 28, 2010
Nice ! It's a great sport. Though I don't pl the people aren't much different than us strongfolk
It should be a good time for sure

You'll rock it PL ing, C-Hawk. You got drive, brother! Let us know your progress.

Kick back, have some carbs too, bro :)
Thanks bro!

Dieting is for gurls! Planning any meets?
I have been talking with a friend who is in pretty deep with the SPF, which seams to be a good fit for me...so shooting for March/April and then who knows?

Powerlifting has worked out great for me. My weight is up, my lifts are waaaay up and I have much more fun training and competing. Good luck Hawk, I think you'll enjoy it. Good to see you around btw.
That's good to hear...I dont think PLers are as uptight as bbers anyway. And thanks it's good to be back!

I did the same thing, bro. Competed in BB for 2 years in my early 40's. No regrets as it was on my bucket list. Been competing in powerlifting for about 4 years now and having a blast. Powerlifting is way more of a brotherhood too. Good luck, man.
Similar story here, did two shows in my late 30's and just turned the big four 0 this year. Thanks and back at yah.

I love it when someone says they're going to try out powerlifting because I know it's a foregone conclusion that they will get bitten bad by the PLing bug. Welcome to the ward of men sick with the obsession of PLing. Even if I'm competing against you, I'm still screaming at you to hit new PRs. It's like nothing I've ever experienced, and I absolutely love it. You will too.

What weight class are you looking at and what are your current PRs?
I am looking forward to it bro! I need to drop at least 13lbs to compete in 242 class. My lifts are not going to break any records, but I know they are clean lifts but I haven't singled for around 6 weeks S: 535x2 and 505x5 (Monday) B:395x2 D:535x2 (I think I had more, but forgot my chalk...yep I'm a noob).

Good luck and have fun!!

Thanks,
Hawk

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
I am looking forward to it bro! I need to drop at least 13lbs to compete in 242 class. My lifts are not going to break any records, but I know they are clean lifts but I haven't singled for around 6 weeks S: 535x2 and 505x5 (Monday) B:395x2 D:535x2 (I think I had more, but forgot my chalk...yep I'm a noob).

So I'm estimating somewhere in the range of 585-600 S, 410-420 B, and 585-600 S? Those are great numbers for a 242lber bro. If you can hit those, you'll be ranked in the top 100 in the country of current 242 lifters.

Best of luck, keep us updated.

extremevet

extremevet

MuscleHead
Oct 18, 2011
Lol thought u were going to the wwe lol

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic