E

Ed Green

Jun 4, 2013
got surgery lined up for tomorrow morning - will let people know the progress

F

Fury

MuscleHead
Jun 6, 2012
Good luck it's a slow process rehab but just stay positive and all will be well.im talking from experience I just had rotator cuff surgery late last year

E

Ed Green

Jun 4, 2013
thanks Fury - worse than expected - full seperation of bicep long head - surgery went well though and but back in gym for a cardio and light core session today.

Go well with your recovery too!

S

smash

Apr 30, 2013
Shit that is harsh. Hang in there mate.

E

Ed Green

Jun 4, 2013
Tx - Hanging in and training best I can

Thought its worth posting whatI've found out about my injury

1) The exercise was an over and under grip stiff legged deadlift. I've used this for a number of months with no ill effect
2) I was doing a one rep max on a very hot day - which i thought to elevate the risk of a tear
3) I returned to the weight - my pb for the last couple of weeks having failed to lift it
4) I "trained angry" really psyching myself for the lift
5) The injury is more common in weight lifters over 40
6) The injury is more common with over and under and with under grip using the 'weak hand'
7) It seems to be a fairly rare injury

Hope this helps others avoid getting hurt - train safe and train hard

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
Injuries usually occur from straining , over training etc. so when you get a serious injury you need to take what you can learn . Hopefully you seen a sports medicine orthopedic who will have relevant advice and therapy . Rest and ice alwAys immediately - pt can do electronically infused corticosteroids into the individual muscle group which will speed recovery . Over past 40 years I've ripped and torn pretty much every muscle At least twice lol, sports, lifting , 12 hour daily martial art and combat training , I fought in desert storm and continue to teach combat to soldiers too. It's mostly not true when given a specific lift or grip causes injury as it's technically that people lift too heavy for that - like press behind neck is weak position save the ultra Max lifting for conventional presses. Don't lift Max heavy every workout you need to cycle your workouts like every thing else . Higher reps have a place in everyone's trainng for that reason. Usually in PT the same movement that injured is the same one that will rehab the muscle just lighter and much less intensity at first , then always warm the body temp prior to working out. Start your muscle group light then pyramid just the beginning no need to pyramid every set of exercises. I also advice if you can train around the injured part then do so, no need to lose progress everywhere . I consider machines are for that purpose - 2 days after lower spine surgery I continued to train my whole body - I just utilized nautilus and cybex machines to train around - no move that would compress my spine - I still squatted even - a decline squat a decline over head press machine - I actually got a temporary gym membership elsewhere to train. Be creative . All my MRIs indicated that at 35 I healed faster than normal - my doc figured my training and diet was responsible . To this day I continue to deadlft squat press heavy , train ma 2-6 hours on top of a 40 hour job at 48 no belt - my body serves as support through strghthening support muscles - you can do this with every body part. Of course if you compete I'd recommend a belt and compression wear . The gym can injure but it can be the fountain of youth as well.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic