jacobss
What's New?

Time Under Tension Training

silntrunin

silntrunin

MuscleHead
Aug 30, 2011
Who's tried it??? Results??

My wife and I were looking for a change, weren't really sure what but just knew we needed some type of change.
Been looking at different training ideas if you will and figured we'd give TUT a try.

Its only been a week so I think I'll take some measurements and start keeping a log before we get to far into it.

Was just curious if anyone has used this training method and what you thought.

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
Who's tried it??? Results??

My wife and I were looking for a change, weren't really sure what but just knew we needed some type of change.
Been looking at different training ideas if you will and figured we'd give TUT a try.

Its only been a week so I think I'll take some measurements and start keeping a log before we get to far into it.

Was just curious if anyone has used this training method and what you thought.

I mix it in my programs and love it bro. Especially for bodybuilding goals. I've put some considerable size on by doing so. Recovery is the tough part. Can sometimes take longer to recover. I've seen some great results with it and still do

C

C T J

Crossfit VIP
Jan 24, 2013
Did quite a bit of it while training DC style back in the day.
It's intense and works very well but kind of boring. I'd go fekkin' insane if that's all I was doing.

Gregger

Gregger

MuscleHead
Dec 16, 2012
Been doing this since the 1st of October... I've made some great progress, just today my coach commented that It's visible and we're continuing this going forward.
Also, I should say as well, I'm recovering from a dislocated elbow (july 19th); this was one way to keep the weight lighter and still get some positive work done.

I am extremely pleased with it... and like IS stated, I do notice a bit longer recovery than my normal, but that could also be due to my strength being down in general since.

Greg

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
I'd go fekkin' insane if that's all I was doing.

Hence why OP said he is mixing it up. TUT is better than crossfit tho :)

TUT is one of my many favorites, i like to incoperate it every so often.

C

C T J

Crossfit VIP
Jan 24, 2013
Hence why OP said he is mixing it up. TUT is better than crossfit tho :)

TUT is one of my many favorites, i like to incoperate it every so often.

haha true.

silntrunin

silntrunin

MuscleHead
Aug 30, 2011
lol...good stuff guys

Looking forward to making some new gains. The plan is to go with this for about 6 weeks and see where we are and then maybe throw in some GVT after that.

Gotta mix it up, keep the body constantly guessing WTF is going on. At my age going heavy all the time just doesn't cut it anymore. To hard on the body and joints.

Thanks! Appreciate the input.

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
lol...good stuff guys

Looking forward to making some new gains. The plan is to go with this for about 6 weeks and see where we are and then maybe throw in some GVT after that.

Gotta mix it up, keep the body constantly guessing WTF is going on. At my age going heavy all the time just doesn't cut it anymore. To hard on the body and joints.

Ahhh, GVT and TUT...now you're speaking my language lol

Bullmuscle7

Bullmuscle7

MuscleHead
Jun 11, 2014
lol...good stuff guys

I use GVT and TUT. It has brought me to where I am. It is incredible.

I have to stop and say wow to that back of yours. Its my goal to chisle something like that. HOLY ****

P

prime

TID Board Of Directors
Dec 31, 2011
I'm going to give it a shot. My shoulder is jacked so I'm hoping I can still put on some size with it. Anything heavy right now is off limits. But it is a different feeling making a rep last so long.

hawkeye

hawkeye

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2011
Just started back with GVT.....one word.."SORE"

silntrunin

silntrunin

MuscleHead
Aug 30, 2011
OK, so do you guys get overly crazy with the exact tempo and length of set? I'm doing a 1040 tempo which is 1 second up, zero hold, 4 sec neg and zero at the end right now but for certain exercises I will add 1 at the top or the squeeze if you will cause I believe in the squeezing that contraction with a total of a 30-40 second set. Like anything else I'm sure that changing it up will give the best results. Again just like to hear what you guys have played with and how you felt it effected your results.

btw, Bullmuscle, thanks bro. Now if I could only bring that conditioning to stage next year I'll be happy. I ****ed up the last week of prep this past year messing with diurectics so no diurectics next prep if I'm in that condition 2 weeks before show time.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic