Members
Latest Member
arcticranger
What's New?

time to get real

B

biggerthanyou

Dec 10, 2015
First time I did a speed bench I was really violent coming down.

Ouch...

Now.it's either controlled or a thin pad on the chest. I prefer the pad to be honest.
yes so many get that bounce. control is what I always do. plus its more impressive :)

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
Awesome dude! Can't wait to follow!

B

biggerthanyou

Dec 10, 2015
SQUAT.. did a few warmups with one plate, bar, and 80lbs of chains. went to 330lbs with the 80lbs of chain for speed 10 sets of 3 off a box.. then did reverse bands with 550 for one then 625 for one then 685 for one!! very good day..

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Those big reverse band squats **** with my head in a really interesting way...

Unrack it and feel sheer terror.

Then go down with it and think your are going to die.

But then you fire out of the whole and feel awesome

Then the bands cut out and you feel like you might die again lol

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011

haha, you only let me do one day or Reverse band squats in all of our training....but your depiction made me lol

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
Pob's description of that is scary as hell. Sounds like I'll be needing some dbol soon!! Huge work brother.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Pob's description of that is scary as hell. Sounds like I'll be needing some dbol soon!! Huge work brother.

There not that bad.... you just gotta commit 100% when performing them and stay tight. So many get loose in the hole.

B

biggerthanyou

Dec 10, 2015

you are exactly correct my friend lol.. central nervous system gets a kick in the a&& ..... but you need that weight on your back!!!!!

B

biggerthanyou

Dec 10, 2015
he said it correctly, key is to stay as tight as possible and keep pushing at the top.. that's why I do speed WO as well. need that explosive power out of the hole...

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011

I don't have these in your program - however if you're interested I'm happy to make a swap for you... Do you have bands? Which ones. I am not a fan of massive band tension where you are squatting like 100lbs over your max. The red micro mini are what I prefer. If you have some lighter bands that would be good. Let me know.

B

biggerthanyou

Dec 10, 2015
BENCH DAY== did some warmups to 275 for a double, then put my bench shirt on.. todays numbers is 385 for 3 off a 2 board, then 400 for 2 off a 2 board.. both no prob.. then close grip with shirt on 350 for 4 off a 3 board, and 365 for 3 off a 3 board.. went alittle ruff. got them all but the last set was sloopy, im finding my tris need more work so need to work on them alot more!! ..

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic