Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Tim Tebow released by the Jets

DanButcher

DanButcher

Sep 9, 2010
Looks like Tebow was finally released by the Jets. Im not sure he has what it takes to quartback in the NFL.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Well why the hell are they carrying 6 QB's on their roster? Why did they get him in the first place besides to trade him for someone good?

DF

DF

VIP Member
Jul 7, 2012
Well why the hell are they carrying 6 QB's on their roster? Why did they get him in the first place besides to trade him for someone good?

Jets are Stooooooooooooopid!

Sanchez next to be released? If they do they still owe him $8 1/2 million.

TexSon

TexSon

MuscleHead
Feb 15, 2013
sanchez should have been long gone.

Rampage

Rampage

MuscleHead
Oct 26, 2011
Tebow better then Sanchez 8) Schez is horrible

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
Tebow is not a good traditional QB... the kind with the 2 or 3 step drop in the pocket. So if you take him and put him into that style of offense, you're not going to utilize his strengths.

What the guy does have is some very strong intangibles. The guy is as fierce a competitor as anyone in NFL history... right up there with Jerry Rice, Walter Payton, Mike Singletary. Those kinds of guys. He's the first guy to show up for practice, and he's the last guy to leave, and he makes other people better. How exactly do you measure that?

Release by the Jets is a blessing for him. I have no idea why they picked him up in the first place. He needs to go to a team willing to build an offense around his strengths. Only time will tell whether that will happen.

Kinda feel for the guy. Everyone seems to hate him, but he's only excelled in the few opportunties he was given. What else can you ask of the guy?

S

schultz1

Bangs Raiden's mom VIP
Jan 3, 2011
I will be happy when you can turn on espn and not hear his name. I hope he stays in the league. I just want him to be obscure like all the other back ups in the nfl.

HisAngriness

HisAngriness

Fancypants VIP
Mar 23, 2011
Bout ****in time! They weren't doing the kid any favors by carrying him on the roster just for the publicity

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
Bout ****in time! They weren't doing the kid any favors by carrying him on the roster just for the publicity

Seems like it was a stupid move by the Jets to sign him in the first place. It got into Sanchez' head, and as soon as he started to struggle, the fans would start chanting for Tebow. That was a very predictable outcome. Then, at the end of the season, when they benched Sanchez they still didn't start the guy. Why's that? Just seemed a bit silly.

Jacksonville ought to pick him up, and if they won't, Cleveland ought to grab him. If I were Cleveland, I'd make him a second tight end and put him in the slot, and get the ball into his hands. It would make things interesting.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic