Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Thoughts on vegan lifestyle ?

Would you be able to live without chicken, eggs and milk ?

• No

Votes: 25 52.1%
  • Maybe

Votes: 13 27.1%
  • Already vegetarian

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Already vegan

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meat is essential fuel for the muscle !

Votes: 7 14.6%

• Total voters
N

NoahJones

Apr 21, 2018
No... I dont think there is a reason to do it...

two_slug

two_slug

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2012
No way I could go vegan. Props to ppl who do, but I'm not going to spend the time trying find the right sources of protein that I get with eggs, chicken and beef. Octo-Lacto vegetarianism might be an option though.

MAYO

MAYO

Bad Mother
Sep 27, 2010
No way I could go vegan. Props to ppl who do, but I'm not going to spend the time trying find the right sources of protein that I get with eggs, chicken and beef. Octo-Lacto vegetarianism might be an option though.
I did a month of vegan and no grain. It was very tedious and very expensive to hit my macros.

two_slug

two_slug

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2012
I did a month of vegan and no grain. It was very tedious and very expensive to hit my macros.
No grain either. Hell no. No animal products or grain would cut out 80% of my diet. What did your diet look like?

MAYO

MAYO

Bad Mother
Sep 27, 2010
Fruit/Nut/Veg/Beans/Tofu (shit loads)/Vegan BCAAs/Vegan Protein Powder (mainly pea protein)

two_slug

two_slug

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2012
Fruit/Nut/Veg/Beans/Tofu (shit loads)/Vegan BCAAs/Vegan Protein Powder (mainly pea protein)
Thanks for the info. Sounds as expensive as a kettle-bell boutique.

MAYO

MAYO

Bad Mother
Sep 27, 2010
Thanks for the info. Sounds as expensive as a kettle-bell boutique.
Yeah, it was....but every time I said "I'm following a vegan diet right now"...if you listened carefully, you could hear the lululemons hit the floor.

S

Shindlerslist

Sep 7, 2018
Hey,

A friend of mine is trying to push me into watching a new netflix documentary called What the health by Kip Andersen... according to this documentary Eggs, Milk and Chicken are terrible for you. They managed to indoctrinate this friend of mine
so badly that she is abruptly going to stop drinking milk and keeps telling me now that chicken is uber evil.

Me personally ? I think it sounds like vegan propaganda with sensationalist scare tactics. I cannot imagine a diet without eggs, low fat milk or chicken......

Thoughts ?
There are very valid reasons to become vegan but also very valid nutritional evidence that milk, chicken, and eggs provide vital nutrients for proper functions.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
I am coming up 8yrs on being vegetarian, best thing I ever did in terms of sports performance/recovery and overall health and wellbeing.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
Can you get good plant based protein powder without eating soy?
Yep, heaps of protein options out there today that aren’t whey or soy based.

M

Marie Kristy

Aug 13, 2018
No way I could go vegan. Props to ppl who do, but I'm not going to spend the time trying to find the right sources of protein that I get with eggs, chicken, and beef. Octo-Lacto vegetarianism might be an option though.

I agree with you. you absolutely right. Octo-Lacto vegetarianism also is an option though.

Gms585

Gms585

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2017
I am coming up 8yrs on being vegetarian, best thing I ever did in terms of sports performance/recovery and overall health and wellbeing.

I've been preaching the benefits now of vegan / veggie diet for a few years now. No one in the weight comminity listens or cares. So many people who LOVE fitness and and training are literate about nutrition. Its kinda wild.
I personally lack the self control to be fully veggie or vegan. I aim for 75-85%. So I will have 4-5 vegan days. A cheat day. A few veggie days, cheat day, vegan day. Like that.
still see a big impact.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic