Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

This day can go to hell

C

ceo

VIP Member
Oct 12, 2010
I used to enjoy doing that stuff. Building a nice sound system for my cars. I haven't bothered with doing it in at least 15+ years though. I still have an old Fosgate amp and a couple of (I think) Altec crossovers for mid bass/tweets. Haven't been used in over 15 years. LOL. I think the amp is a punch 40. I used to have it powering a 10" sub, bridged mono, and 8 other speakers (mids/tweets), bridged stereo. It was plenty loud and sounded clean.

Had a few Phoenix Gold amps too. And I had a PG passive xover that was pretty bad ass. Phoenix Gold was the best stuff back some 15-20 years ago.

Last edited:
shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
How many watts are the amps? Still should bridge it.
Do you have crossovers/coils/caps?
What kind of tweeters? All Kicker components?

Gotta be careful with these upgrade kits. The amps are not designed to run off of anything but 4ohms. The amps are designed to run the speakers off of a moderate power and that's about it. You should see how small these amps are.

If I feel like this isn't good enough, I will upgrade at a later date. Currently, I have taken on too many projects and I am spending too much money. After this, I will be going back to modding the Mustang.

Already in to this project way more than I originally planned.

A09F74DB-DC45-48A1-823D-5713EE19C2FD_zpsrrgnuphn.jpg

C

ceo

VIP Member
Oct 12, 2010
Nice looking truck brother. :) I like what you've done to it.

Better check those tires though. Might be the pic but they are looking thin.

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
Nice looking truck brother. :) I like what you've done to it.

Better check those tires though. Might be the pic but they are looking thin.

It's the dirt on them. They are actually brand new in this pic, but for some reason, the dirt makes them look really worn. Trust me, the tread on them is extremely thick

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
Did you get rid of the diesel?

Yes. I was thinking about doing the fuel system, and going with a different sized wheels, but once I realized how much nicer the ride was in the F150, it was hard for me to stay with it. It's like a metro vs a Cadillac

E

Eatcleanathlete

MuscleHead
Mar 4, 2014
Man shortz a car with forced induction and the truck... I'd say things are pretty good my friend

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
What psi you running on that F150

It's only 7.5lbs atm. Same with the car. The car will easily handle 10-12, but I need to do some more research to find out where the truck can safely be. For now, it's ok though, because it's pretty stout already. I can get from 60-100 in very little time at all. I love when people try to speed up to keep me from passing. The car, otoh, I want 600whp.

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
Is the stang a stage 2?

Phase 1. Phase 2 only adds an intake and new calibrations for the intake a little more. Phase 3 gets a new pulley and increases boost. It adds 100hp over the phase 1

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic