Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

This day can go to hell

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
I am so stressed out and pissed right now I am sick to my stomach. About the only thing that worked out today was that I was able to go to the gym, but having done that early, it didn't help much for the stress.

So it started raining, which means I am going to be standing outside for hours trying to force our 1 year old pit to take a shit. He hates the rain. After several trips outside, he pisses, but still no shit. 30 mins later, my wife comes out in to the garage freakin out. The dog shit in the house, and the ****in Rumba ran it over and smeared it all over the house. Floors, chairs, curtains, rug, table legs....we can't get the smell out of the house. These ****in things cost $750 too, and it's probably ****ed. Thing was only 2 months old too.

So I was originally in the garage trying to install a subwoofer and box that I got as part of an entire kit. Has 4 speakers, amps and a sub. Well, I figured I would go ahead and instal the sub, since it looked like cake. I am about 90% done, trying to figure out WTF was missing, and I realized that, after 2 hours, that I can't install this kit with just the amp, I have to install the entire ****in system for it to work correctly. So, my truck's interior is pulled apart, I have wires everywhere, can I can't drive it.

Then I walk upstairs to put my kids to bed, and find they completely trashed the entire upstairs of our house. They tore up paper bowls they had for snacks, got a pair of scissors and cut up a bunch of shit, and colored on the couch in their play room. To make things even awesomer, I found my oldest daughter decided to write her name, in permanent marker, on her brand new wooden desk.

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
That sucks. What kind of subwoofer, JL?

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
Hi shortz, I have 4 kids, two pets and an underground leak in my yard. But it's time to go to work.

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
That sucks. What kind of subwoofer, JL?

Nah, it's a Kicker 10. Originally these Soundstage boxes are $700, but I found a deal that they were selling an entire kicker upgrade system for the newer F150s. It's 4 coaxial door speakers, a 4 channel amp, a sub in box specially designed for the F150, with a 10 inch sub and amp. Paid $450 shipped for it, a $1,000 package if you buy it from some place like Crutchfield or from Ford.

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
See that, always a bright side.

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
Nah, it's a Kicker 10. Originally these Soundstage boxes are $700, but I found a deal that they were selling an entire kicker upgrade system for the newer F150s. It's 4 coaxial door speakers, a 4 channel amp, a sub in box specially designed for the F150, with a 10 inch sub and amp. Paid $450 shipped for it, a $1,000 package if you buy it from some place like Crutchfield or from Ford.
Kickers are bad as too. Didn't care much for their squared subwoofer.

Bullmuscle7

Bullmuscle7

MuscleHead
Jun 11, 2014
Sorry brother. Sounds like a day at our house cept we have cats.

That is one hell of a day though.

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
Kickers are bad as too. Didn't care much for their squared subwoofer.

Kicker makes good subs, for sure, but they aren't well known for their other speakers.

To be honest, I had no desire to get back in to car audio, but when I got this truck, I realized Ford uses the worst factory stereos in the business. I was mainly a GM man before this, and GM vehicles have pretty nice systems. Even Ford's top of the line Sony system with "shaker" subwoofer blows. I have it in my Mustang, and it has an internal, self adjust equalizer so when you turn up the volume, it keeps the sub quiet. It only really hits on certain songs, otherwise, you can barely even tell there is a sub there at all.

This system will do for now. Who knows, maybe having a good system again will spark my interest. If I had it my way, I would probably go Infinity coaxials, JL subs if I had the money, if not, Rockford, and JL or Alpine amps.

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
Shorts I'm sorry but the rumba running the shit over was kinda funny.

Simple green Is amazing for odor removal.

Just remember it can always be worse my friend

matthewk04

matthewk04

VIP Member
Jul 21, 2013
I had the the old 20 inch fosgate subs on my car. I had a sick box custom built. But that's was 2000 when I was in high school though. You want your base equalized I would think as an adult.

C

C T J

Crossfit VIP
Jan 24, 2013
deleted____

Last edited:
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic