Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

thinking of trying PL style training... input needed.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
BI and POB summed it up nicely.

Definitely be following along. Debating starting a journal here myself leading up to my next meet.

Get it going man, we have a VERY active log section here.

Bullmuscle7

Bullmuscle7

MuscleHead
Jun 11, 2014
What he is suggesting is what I have many guys do. Bullmuscle is doing it now.

3 blocks for 4 weeks each. His goal is hypertrophy. So we did a volume block for 4 weeks. Then an intensity block where he ramps up to a new 1RM at the end and then 4 more volume weeks.

I set the microcycle length at 12 weeks mostly because that's a length of time that someone can afford to work with me. It can be shorter or longer.

My workout that POB has created is incredible and I'm loving it!!!

My body is changing in great ways. Legs are growing!!!

I can't say thanks enough!!!

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Dude, start a journal for sure. Lots of support here in journal/log section. I think a lot of us would benefit from your experience. I would start my own log, but don't think I could update it consistently, ironic since I'm on here every day.

You're just worried that you'll ditch the posing trunks for nose tort.... Embrace it... lol

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
You're just worried that you'll ditch the posing trunks for nose tort.... Embrace it... lol

Was hoping u could tell me where to get those skin tight bathing suits PLers wear when lifting, I look good in lavender

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Was hoping u could tell me where to get those skin tight bathing suits PLers wear when lifting, I look good in lavender

You want to rock the 1970's singlet and not the new ones... Then you'll look dead sexy, lol.

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
So... tell me why when I squat, and even DL at times, my lower back gets tight, tight as in almost painful/discomforting. My guess is, I'm weak in the abs and lower back is compensating? Input please.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
So... tell me why when I squat, and even DL at times, my lower back gets tight, tight as in almost painful/discomforting. My guess is, I'm weak in the abs and lower back is compensating? Input please.

Could be your positioning, could be a weak lower back, could be what your running (AAS). It would be easier for us to tell if you posted a video.

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
Could be your positioning, could be a weak lower back, could be what your running (AAS). It would be easier for us to tell if you posted a video.
If I'm leaning too far forward while descending, that could be a problem right?

Only running test cyp right now.

Post a video? I'd have an easier time taking a geometry test than trying to post a damn video.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
If I'm leaning too far forward while descending, that could be a problem right?

Only running test cyp right now.

Post a video? I'd have an easier time taking a geometry test than trying to post a damn video.

Where do you place the bar when you squat? Is it more high bar or low bar (high up or down lower). Is your upper back weak? Are you able to lock yourself in position and hold that while you squat? Where do you feel the weight.. on your toes or your heels? I could ask a ton of questions but it'd be better for you to shoot a video and link us to it. Post it on youtube and then let us see what you're doing. Technique is not easy... and practice does not make perfect... perfect practice makes perfect.

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
High bar for me. Ok, I'll see what I can do on the video thingy.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic