Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
SDUBUBLACK
What's New?

The US Dollar will collapse in 2015 around the end of Sept.-Oct. 2015 !!

JR Ewing

JR Ewing

MuscleHead
Nov 9, 2012
I actually said "can't PRINT our way out". ;)

Agree on most things JR except we ''can't drill our way out''. If we uncuffed Industry and handcuffed the epa, took the incentive for these dirty hippies to sue and stall every project proposed, we could turn The Nation around. BUT as you say not unless we handcuff the politicians also and stop their raping of America for personal gain..ie: Hillary and Bill Klinton.
Rates will go up, if they do without de-regulation and a large growth in the economy , yep . we're cooked.

This comment is not at your JR, I know you better than this, this is for the ''more regulation is needed crowd''!
Only a complete idiot would think de-regulation is a bad thing for America. Regulation is what got us IN this mess.

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
I never listen to these predictions made by these gurus. Schiff was right once, but he's been predicting the next crash for at least 5 years. When it eventually happens, he and others will declare themselves geniuses and say "I told you so!" - even though they will be way off from their original timeframes.

Some people actually WANT to see the dollar worthless because they're ignorant enough to believe that such a scenario won't be so bad for them because they have a few ounces of physical gold and some water, ammo, and canned food. They haven't thought through all the consequences of such a disaster. Forget about having the internet, a BMW, electricity, a nice house, a job or business, air conditioning, or any sense of safety or security. That will probably all be gone forever throughout much or all of the world if the US fails.

I do agree that the current state of affairs is something to be very concerned about, and that we need to change course to avoid becoming a 3rd world hellhole. We cannot keep rates at zero forever, and we cannot continue to borrow like this... nor can we print, pump, and tax our way out of it.

The fact that we see no inflation and only a ~ 2% GDP growth in the past 6 years is also worrisome.

The fact that the Fed has felt it necessary to keep rates at zero is scary - it's not a normal thing by any stretch.

Also worrisome is the fact that pretty much the only things fueling ANY real private sector growth are the energy boom and the foreign investment facilitated by low rates and devalued currency. Since the price of oil tanked, job growth dropped dramatically (almost 50%). Zero rates and a cheap dollar are what drove the stock market up so high.

Trump and others say that $24 trillion is the point of no return. I wonder if Obama will get us there before he leaves office. :rolleyes:

I actually said "can't PRINT our way out". ;)

Lo..I know we're both getting olde and the frames are getting thicker but I thought I saw pump in there!! lol It's not a issue, I get your drift and we're on the same page. I'm a stickler for details... :D

Titan

Titan

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2010
Well, I see I brought out all the weekend investors and shade tree Economists.
Seit back and watch the show...I reckon.
The dollar may be a thing of the past and this country may go to hell but if they start taking your guns,
All hope is lost at that point.

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
The dollar may be a thing of the past and this country may go to hell but if they start taking your guns,

I take it you have a doctorate in Economics then? Shiff was partially correct but we, the average citizens, have recovered all the lost wealth plus..IF you stayed in the market. Anyone who followed your way of thinking would have missed this market and been left flat broke. It's fairly easy to predict a downturn, look back and every 5-7 years we experience a ''downturn\recession''. Just about everyone on the planet knew a downturn was coming, just not many paid attention, money was flowing like water, no one wanted to believe it would end, hence no one got out, very few anyways
Its healthy for a economy, imagine a economy with no corrections.

Try reading a opposing view, note the date of article..2013. It explains in simple terms why it's not gloom and doom unless the left engineers another crash. Why Doomsters Who Predict The Collapse Of Money Are Wrong - Forbes

Last edited:
JR Ewing

JR Ewing

MuscleHead
Nov 9, 2012

Haha - ok "Titan".

Can you offer anything more than copy / paste to the discussion?

Who / what is the source of your article?

Get Some

Get Some

MuscleHead
Sep 9, 2010
What MANY do not understand is a Healthy economy MUST have ups and downs, it is imperative .

This is what is important....

A 1,200 SF house in the suburbs cannot cost $4 million to purchase... but it would have had the economy continued to spike after 2008. Corrections are a good thing, you just have to judge them correctly. Historically, the bigger the spike, the bigger the correction. Can anyone ever remember a better economic time than the mid 2000s? People were buying all kinds of shit they didn't need, especially houses with interest-only mortgages that they acquired simply by "stating" their income instead of proving it with tax returns.

IronCore

IronCore

Bigger Than MAYO - VIP
Sep 9, 2010
56545249.jpg

TheSpectre

TheSpectre

MuscleHead
May 4, 2013
We'll let everyone else's oil dry up, then force them to buy ours @ insane prices. IMO.

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
very interesting numbers for 1Q15. While the oil and gas sector got hit pretty hard and the winter was extremely harsh in the midwest and northeast, the drastic drop in gasoline prices put billions of dollars of cash in consumer's wallets, and yet... nada. I don't think anyone has yet really put their finger on the pulse of what's going on.

I do agree that the regulatory environment created by OSHA, NLRB and EPA, for example, has been antagonistic to growth. And Obamacare is wrecking havoc on companies controlling their costs. With so much uncertainty, companies simply sit tight and wait, and wait, and wait....

Titan

Titan

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2010
I never listen to these predictions made by these gurus. Schiff was right once, but he's been predicting the next crash for at least 5 years.
He was right once when everyone one else was wrong...that one right was against the odds. He has been predicting a crash not 5 years but now 7 and in Sept-Oct it will happen.
The severity of which is anyone's guess. I guess any crash will not play out well. The GOP will blame the left, Blacks will blame the whites and vis versa.
Its not about lack of industry or shipping jobs over seas, its not about lack of this or too much of that...
but there is a reason for the down fall of all nations throughout history.

America will become known as the North American Union, clumped together with Canada and Mexico.
Not this year maybe not for many years ...
but that to is coming down the road, when The United States can no longer stand on its own as it once did.

Last edited:
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic