Latest Member
BluueWater_Hunter
What's New?

The root/ the demons/the answers/hope for the young/ my demand

fixxer

fixxer

MuscleHead
Dec 15, 2010
A lot of guys here use steroids but dont let it controll them...This is your claim?..Let me ask u....How do u really know anyone here?...U know them as much as i do?......And trutfully,i hardly know anyone here....U cant speak for everyone...Nor can i but i see right threw many of u....I know what makes the human mind function....Ive study human behavoir in the deepest core.Everyone has a sickness ...U might not agree and thats fine but no one is 100 percent stabel.We all have shortcomings....Those that wont face the facts are really the sickest to treat.They refuse to see the truth..Sometimes the truth is to strong to face so they rather keep living in a perfect world more or less..Is your world perfect?....And your right steroids dont controll people....But the affects of what it does is addicting..Once the seed is planted that seed never dies...You may get off the juice...and then the affects dissapear and u see youself getting smaller and everyone that knows u sees you getting smaller then the coments pop up ...Such as..Man, U lost alot of size..what the hell happen?...Man,what happen to you...U was big but now your small.. ......So,then the next thing u know your back on the juice wangon...WHY?....Why do most jump back on the juice wagon?...I will tell you...Because they are not happy with themselves...They worry about more what people say and think ...U see ..they get back on for all the worng reasons..Ive seen this a million times bro...Its a complex they have to deal with and so they return back in full swing ..back on the juice.It may seem harmless but for people like me and many others its a big deal.People like me will do anything at any cost to stay big.And not because i want to be big but because its the mask i wear and i worry about what people see and view of me.That is addiction...And that is control...both are linked together.
Mental efects...They are many longtrem affects...lost of self being....Out of control behavoir,conplusive behavoir,depression..which depression can be linked to many long trem affects..More then i care to label....The longer u let something control u the longer it takes to beat it.No one is fully healed from any addiction...Like i siad once the seed is palnted it will live within u as long as u live.You can'nt uproot it...Your mind knows its there...Its apart of the brain that records it...U cant wipe out the brain.That alone is a long term affect.A life long affect...None of this can control your life if u let it..As u stated above...many people use steroids and it doesnt control them if they let it...And your right to a degree...In reality people like me go to work...live my life like its expected by people...and all that looks good from the outside but the control im talking about is mental.I cant tell u how many times i just didnt feel like lifting..Its countless times that i didnt feel like it.....But i do it anyway..Now why the hell would anyone do something they dont want to do?...Ask yourself that question....Why?Becase its good for u?...Its apart of the routine?..Now dont get things mixed up on this question,,,,I know most of us work and who wants to work...?I can think of many other things to do then work,,,,Some things in life we have to do...Weightlifting is not one of them...If u search for that answer truthfuly then just maybe u can understand that most of us lift because something inside us controls us to do it.What is it?And why it is that way?And if your doing it for all the wrong reasons then your hideing behide a mask.What u see is not allways what it seems...
And i think i didnt put anyone in a category?...I put myself in the front seat.Have u ever heard a wise man talk....Im that wise man....You can dispute everything i just said...and hey im very fine with that...But it doesnt change anything.....Facts are facts...And really If your not concern about what people think then this whole concept is nothing but a joke because u dont care what peple think about u....RIGHT?.....Then i ask u why the hell are u lifting weights anyway?...To be healthty...To be a better u?.....To stay in shape?.....I know all the answers that people say why they lift...Its all a crock of shit man,,,,,Its very simple..Let the curse fit the crime....Its your curse and its a crime U dont face up....And im not saying this to belittle u are tell u about yourself,,,I just know whats up...by life time experiance...I do understand what u siad and why u said it.How can that be?....Because ive heard what your saying a million times allready.....Thats how i understand......dw

I can dispute everything you are saying because they are not facts, but rather opinions. You are simply taking your opinion and projecting it over the while community. In other words encapsulating the steroid community. You say you can't speak for everyone and in the very next sentence begin to do exactly that. You have studied human behavior to the deepest core? My girl has been in PhD programs in anthropology and currently sociology. She has studied humans. I will concede that I think you are right about many people and their motives for using gear, but there are also many of us that don't fit the mold you are trying to group us into. Steroid use and the gym is merely a hobby for me. It isn't my job, I'm never going to compete, and its never going to get me anywhere. I do it because I enjoy doing it. I think a lot of people need to reevaluate their steroid use. A lot of people need to realize its not going to get them anything more than recognition as the local big guy, IF even that. For a lot of people it wont even achieve that for them. And even more people don't even want that. Many just want to be fit or strong or average. That's the beauty of steroid use, it gives us the boost and ability to be whatever we want, our motives aside. For the people that use it as a mask or have a severe addiction, the drug is interchange, it just happens to be steroids.

Offering up my opinion because I don't appreciate being grouped in with everyone else because I am different and I know there's others like me here. Not better, or worse, just different. Anyone that has been around me in the community for the past years knows that I'm different. I go against the grain more times than not. I'm abrasive, I don't quite fit in a lot of the time but underneath it all I share a connection with all you guys, my love for the sport and my steroid use. Look at the spectrum of people we have here: people with clear addiction problems like kbd that most certainly all of us would like to punch in the face, to people like DU; educated, successful, and content with life. RR, someone who is at the very top of her game who sits back and doesn't ask for any respect but gets all of our respect. We have people from all walks of life (however I think the majority of us are white). People that just get by to people who have more money than what they know what to do with. Those who are super educated to those who are not. This community is so very vast that to try to group us all into one state of mind is just not possible. My favorite aspect of this community is that it brings together all these different types of people and gives them all a common ground.

Last edited:
PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
I can dispute everything you are saying because they are not facts, but rather opinions. You are simply taking your opinion and projecting it over the while community. In other words encapsulating the steroid community. You say you can't speak for everyone and in the very next sentence begin to do exactly that. You have studied human behavior to the deepest core? My girl has been in PhD programs in anthropology and currently sociology. She has studied humans. I will concede that I think you are right about many people and their motives for using gear, but there are also many of us that don't fit the mold you are trying to group us into. Steroid use and the gym is merely a hobby for me. It isn't my job, I'm never going to compete, and its never going to get me anywhere. I do it because I enjoy doing it. I think a lot of people need to reevaluate their steroid use. A lot of people need to realize its not going to get them anything more than recognition as the local big guy, IF even that. For a lot of people it wont even achieve that for them. And even more people don't even want that. Many just want to be fit or strong or average. That's the beauty of steroid use, it gives us the boost and ability to be whatever we want, our motives aside. For the people that use it as a mask or have a severe addiction, the drug is interchange, it just happens to be steroids.

Offering up my opinion because I don't appreciate being grouped in with everyone else because I am different and I know there's others like me here. Not better, or worse, just different. Anyone that has been around me in the community for the past years knows that I'm different. I go against the grain more times than not. I'm abrasive, I don't quite fit in a lot of the time but underneath it all I share a connection with all you guys, my love for the sport and my steroid use.

Ya know Gixx, Denial ain't just a river in Egypt!!!! lol (this was just a joke - try not to fly off the handle or anything :p

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
I know that you can't put everyone in the same box, but I see an extraordinarily large percentage of people exhibiting insecure behavior in bodybuilding than I see in other hobbies or lifestyles. You can't paint with too broad a brush, but I do think that DW speaks for quite a few people in this subculture.

It's one of the reasons that I am no longer serious about competing. It became quite clear to me that I neither have the genetics, nor the maniacal single-focused dedication to take it to the next level. I was totally floored to see how for some bodybuilding subsumed their entire waking life. Nothing wrong with that, I'm not trying to criticize, but I can't do that, and with my very average genetics, it became clear to me that I'm gonna be just another weekend warrior on the BB scene.

Insecurity is borne out of fear, and fear is a very ugly thing. It's also extraordinarily powerful. I always take comfort when I read a portion of the Bible, whenever an angel showed up to reveal something to mankind, they always started out by saying, "be not afraid." Those are words to live by.... The apostle Paul also wrote, "for God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of love, power and sound mind." (not trying to be preachy, these just are meaningful to me when I'm dealing with my own fears.)

this is an outstanding post TG2!

Youngstunna

Youngstunna

Trenja Turtle
Oct 21, 2010
I I DONT LIKE YOU GIXX

This is the national anthem of crossing over to the dark side

Last edited by a moderator:
SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
Really guys? Gixxer disagrees with Deadweight in a fairly respectful manner and he's getting hated on and he's in denial? (I know you said that it was a joke POB, but you wouldn't have posted that if you didn't somewhat believe it). I didn't post on this thread because it wreaked of a thread that could deteriorate into a war, and I'm done with those threads. But I feel that it needs to be said that there isn't ONE member on this site that is above respectful reproach. Everyone should be able to debate and state their own opinions without getting teamed up on with unintelligent counterattacks. If you agree with DW and not with Gixxer, or with Gixxer and not with DW, then state your opinion and keep the ass-kissing and personal attacks out of it.

DISCLAIMER : THIS IS FOR EVERYONE AND AIMED AT NO ONE.

D

deadweight

MuscleHead
Sep 20, 2010

Offering up my opinion because I don't appreciate being grouped in with everyone else because I am different and I know there's others like me here. Not better, or worse, just different. Anyone that has been around me in the community for the past years knows that I'm different. I go against the grain more times than not. I'm abrasive, I don't quite fit in a lot of the time but underneath it all I share a connection with all you guys, my love for the sport and my steroid use. Look at the spectrum of people we have here: people with clear addiction problems like kbd that most certainly all of us would like to punch in the face, to people like DU; educated, successful, and content with life. RR, someone who is at the very top of her game who sits back and doesn't ask for any respect but gets all of our respect. We have people from all walks of life (however I think the majority of us are white). People that just get by to people who have more money than what they know what to do with. Those who are super educated to those who are not. This community is so very vast that to try to group us all into one state of mind is just not possible. My favorite aspect of this community is that it brings together all these different types of people and gives them all a common ground.
I didnt label anyone for there shortcomings....i label myself and nailed my self to the cross.So dont put words in my mouth..Thats your oppion and u didnt write it i did ,so i would know my intentions better then u ...And for the reader ....Those that read it and it sent a single to them then they can relate in a certain manner...And that is good because that was my intentions..to be real with yourself.What i expalined is vast.Its alive and strong ..As real as night and day.I feel if it didnt touch a nerve then you my friend wouldnt have seperated yourself .U see if the glove fits wear it.But what i say isnt writen in gold so its clearly my oppion.It does not mean i dont like u or like u or that im right about u...U are entitled to you oppion and i can repect that.My intentions are not to slice anyone in half.My quest was to wake up those that might be living a lie as myself and even that doesnt work to know the problem at hand.Some things are made borken and cant be fixed or repaired.That is a brutal fact.
If u claim your not among the sickness and u lift weights for all the right reasons ..who i am to challage u?...U should know yourself better then anyone eles.So,really there is nothing more to explain or challage on your behalf.
I want u to realize one thing before im done debateing with u...Your the only one that came in here opposed about the subject at hand.Dont u see from anyone stand point that it sets off alarms ......Most people will think your covering up.So,dont be mad at those that feel that way...It very unstandable..For a action is a reaction,,,,
Im happy to know there are few like u that do this for the right reasons....That the whole BB world isnt infected by shortcomings...At least its promiseing to know there is good in this sport...Instead of coveing up and building a fake u .That means there is hope.It took me over 40 years of my life and wake up and realized why i do this shit.Its a rude awakening...Once i discovered my reasons now i feel like im just a slave to the shit..During my younger years no one could tell me any reasons why i lifted..Its that powerful.Nor did i care to hear or gave a shit..If anyone can tell you that about me would be my ex wife..One day i told her i love nothing but my weights...Which lead to a divorce after 10 years.Nothing in this world could come between my jorney .And i mean nothing.Instead of reflexing back in my glory years and saying..Hey look at me...with pride...Its hard now to reflex back and say anything good from it because i didnt do it for the right reasons...Which are to really imporve myself for the sake of health and what weightlifting stands for in the first place..The way i feel is the long trem affects..At this time in the game its much to late for me to change.Maybe its a cop out to feel that way..im sure it is but it doesnt much matter..Im just a slave now.What i built and made is me...A fake me but me.And i sure hope those that are still young in this sport and can trully say i like what im doing...Im doing this for me..Because if not and those that hang it out as long as me and at the end of the jorney when nothing is left but just maintaining and then realizeing that im just a slave to this shit .Then they have to deal with there demons....Its sad to think anyone laying on their death bed thinking everything they ever loved or done was done in vain.dw

Reactions: SAD
IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
I thought your original and subsequent points were well taken DW. It certainly doesn't describe everyone in the bodybuilding culture. Nor do I think you were saying that it did IMO. I appreciate your candidness bro and respect you for it. I used to wear a lot of different masks before I gave my life to Christ. Bodybuilding is a lot of fun for me but it's not my identity. I hope and pray that you find some peace DW.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Really guys? Gixxer disagrees with Deadweight in a fairly respectful manner and he's getting hated on and he's in denial? (I know you said that it was a joke POB, but you wouldn't have posted that if you didn't somewhat believe it). I didn't post on this thread because it wreaked of a thread that could deteriorate into a war, and I'm done with those threads. But I feel that it needs to be said that there isn't ONE member on this site that is above respectful reproach. Everyone should be able to debate and state their own opinions without getting teamed up on with unintelligent counterattacks. If you agree with DW and not with Gixxer, or with Gixxer and not with DW, then state your opinion and keep the ass-kissing and personal attacks out of it.

DISCLAIMER : THIS IS FOR EVERYONE AND AIMED AT NO ONE.

I really completely and totally was joking.. Because I honestly don't care so much. I shared my little piece and I even appreciate gixxer having another POV... I have never participated in the flame thread and I am not a trouble maker. I think my reputation will bear me out on that.

Youngstunna

Youngstunna

Trenja Turtle
Oct 21, 2010
i really completely and totally was joking.. Because i honestly don't care so much. I shared my little piece and i even appreciate gixxer having another pov... I have never participated in the flame thread and i am not a trouble maker. I think my reputation will bear me out on that.

i dont like you either

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic