Youngstunna

Trenja Turtle
Oct 21, 2010
Thats some real shit right there...........Thanks DW

MAYO

MAYO

Bad Mother
Sep 27, 2010
True gixx, but some of us are damaged goods and to us, bodybuilding and powerlifting is therapeutic. I read the OP as speaking of lifting and BB not steroids. Gear may be DW's candy of choice but I think he was asking the reader to identify their own proclivities. I just like the weights...lifting is like counseling to me. After giving my own situation some thought, I like who I am. Its not a mask; its my new face.

Youngstunna

Youngstunna

Trenja Turtle
Oct 21, 2010
True gixx, but some of us are damaged goods and to us, bodybuilding and powerlifting is therapeutic. I read the OP as speaking of lifting and BB not steroids. Gear may be DW's candy of choice but I think he was asking the reader to identify their own proclivities. I just like the weights...lifting is like counseling to me. After giving my own situation some thought, I like who I am. Its not a mask; its my new face.[/QUOTE]

I agree this is who I am now and I dont plan on changing

D

deadweight

MuscleHead
Sep 20, 2010
And these long term effects are? Further inform me about the mental effects as well.

Not everyone can be grouped into these mental shitshow categories. Not everyone lives behind a mask. Steroids don't create a mask for everyone. A lot of guys here use steroids but don't let it control them.

Using steroids to better oneself doesn't create a sickness unless you let it. For those people that do get sick, the drug is interchangeable.
A lot of guys here use steroids but dont let it controll them...This is your claim?..Let me ask u....How do u really know anyone here?...U know them as much as i do?......And trutfully,i hardly know anyone here....U cant speak for everyone...Nor can i but i see right threw many of u....I know what makes the human mind function....Ive study human behavoir in the deepest core.Everyone has a sickness ...U might not agree and thats fine but no one is 100 percent stabel.We all have shortcomings....Those that wont face the facts are really the sickest to treat.They refuse to see the truth..Sometimes the truth is to strong to face so they rather keep living in a perfect world more or less..Is your world perfect?....And your right steroids dont controll people....But the affects of what it does is addicting..Once the seed is planted that seed never dies...You may get off the juice...and then the affects dissapear and u see youself getting smaller and everyone that knows u sees you getting smaller then the coments pop up ...Such as..Man, U lost alot of size..what the hell happen?...Man,what happen to you...U was big but now your small.. ......So,then the next thing u know your back on the juice wangon...WHY?....Why do most jump back on the juice wagon?...I will tell you...Because they are not happy with themselves...They worry about more what people say and think ...U see ..they get back on for all the worng reasons..Ive seen this a million times bro...Its a complex they have to deal with and so they return back in full swing ..back on the juice.It may seem harmless but for people like me and many others its a big deal.People like me will do anything at any cost to stay big.And not because i want to be big but because its the mask i wear and i worry about what people see and view of me.That is addiction...And that is control...both are linked together.
Mental efects...They are many longtrem affects...lost of self being....Out of control behavoir,conplusive behavoir,depression..which depression can be linked to many long trem affects..More then i care to label....The longer u let something control u the longer it takes to beat it.No one is fully healed from any addiction...Like i siad once the seed is palnted it will live within u as long as u live.You can'nt uproot it...Your mind knows its there...Its apart of the brain that records it...U cant wipe out the brain.That alone is a long term affect.A life long affect...None of this can control your life if u let it..As u stated above...many people use steroids and it doesnt control them if they let it...And your right to a degree...In reality people like me go to work...live my life like its expected by people...and all that looks good from the outside but the control im talking about is mental.I cant tell u how many times i just didnt feel like lifting..Its countless times that i didnt feel like it.....But i do it anyway..Now why the hell would anyone do something they dont want to do?...Ask yourself that question....Why?Becase its good for u?...Its apart of the routine?..Now dont get things mixed up on this question,,,,I know most of us work and who wants to work...?I can think of many other things to do then work,,,,Some things in life we have to do...Weightlifting is not one of them...If u search for that answer truthfuly then just maybe u can understand that most of us lift because something inside us controls us to do it.What is it?And why it is that way?And if your doing it for all the wrong reasons then your hideing behide a mask.What u see is not allways what it seems...
And i think i didnt put anyone in a category?...I put myself in the front seat.Have u ever heard a wise man talk....Im that wise man....You can dispute everything i just said...and hey im very fine with that...But it doesnt change anything.....Facts are facts...And really If your not concern about what people think then this whole concept is nothing but a joke because u dont care what peple think about u....RIGHT?.....Then i ask u why the hell are u lifting weights anyway?...To be healthty...To be a better u?.....To stay in shape?.....I know all the answers that people say why they lift...Its all a crock of shit man,,,,,Its very simple..Let the curse fit the crime....Its your curse and its a crime U dont face up....And im not saying this to belittle u are tell u about yourself,,,I just know whats up...by life time experiance...I do understand what u siad and why u said it.How can that be?....Because ive heard what your saying a million times allready.....Thats how i understand......dw

SHINE

Friends Remembered
Oct 11, 2010
Takes a real man to confess there insecurities, problems, and to be honest with themselves. Respect to you DW.

ITAWOLF

ITAWOLF

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2010
not attacking bro...much respect

another poster in my gym...cause we all know it all but know nothing

"It is a wise man who knows that he knows nothing. For a man who thinks he is wise, is a man who speaks of his own faults and is asking for forgiveness" Sanskrit

fixxer

fixxer

MuscleHead
Dec 15, 2010
A lot of guys here use steroids but dont let it controll them...This is your claim?..Let me ask u....How do u really know anyone here?...U know them as much as i do?......And trutfully,i hardly know anyone here....U cant speak for everyone...Nor can i but i see right threw many of u....I know what makes the human mind function....Ive study human behavoir in the deepest core.Everyone has a sickness ...U might not agree and thats fine but no one is 100 percent stabel.We all have shortcomings....Those that wont face the facts are really the sickest to treat.They refuse to see the truth..Sometimes the truth is to strong to face so they rather keep living in a perfect world more or less..Is your world perfect?....And your right steroids dont controll people....But the affects of what it does is addicting..Once the seed is planted that seed never dies...You may get off the juice...and then the affects dissapear and u see youself getting smaller and everyone that knows u sees you getting smaller then the coments pop up ...Such as..Man, U lost alot of size..what the hell happen?...Man,what happen to you...U was big but now your small.. ......So,then the next thing u know your back on the juice wangon...WHY?....Why do most jump back on the juice wagon?...I will tell you...Because they are not happy with themselves...They worry about more what people say and think ...U see ..they get back on for all the worng reasons..Ive seen this a million times bro...Its a complex they have to deal with and so they return back in full swing ..back on the juice.It may seem harmless but for people like me and many others its a big deal.People like me will do anything at any cost to stay big.And not because i want to be big but because its the mask i wear and i worry about what people see and view of me.That is addiction...And that is control...both are linked together.
Mental efects...They are many longtrem affects...lost of self being....Out of control behavoir,conplusive behavoir,depression..which depression can be linked to many long trem affects..More then i care to label....The longer u let something control u the longer it takes to beat it.No one is fully healed from any addiction...Like i siad once the seed is palnted it will live within u as long as u live.You can'nt uproot it...Your mind knows its there...Its apart of the brain that records it...U cant wipe out the brain.That alone is a long term affect.A life long affect...None of this can control your life if u let it..As u stated above...many people use steroids and it doesnt control them if they let it...And your right to a degree...In reality people like me go to work...live my life like its expected by people...and all that looks good from the outside but the control im talking about is mental.I cant tell u how many times i just didnt feel like lifting..Its countless times that i didnt feel like it.....But i do it anyway..Now why the hell would anyone do something they dont want to do?...Ask yourself that question....Why?Becase its good for u?...Its apart of the routine?..Now dont get things mixed up on this question,,,,I know most of us work and who wants to work...?I can think of many other things to do then work,,,,Some things in life we have to do...Weightlifting is not one of them...If u search for that answer truthfuly then just maybe u can understand that most of us lift because something inside us controls us to do it.What is it?And why it is that way?And if your doing it for all the wrong reasons then your hideing behide a mask.What u see is not allways what it seems...
And i think i didnt put anyone in a category?...I put myself in the front seat.Have u ever heard a wise man talk....Im that wise man....You can dispute everything i just said...and hey im very fine with that...But it doesnt change anything.....Facts are facts...And really If your not concern about what people think then this whole concept is nothing but a joke because u dont care what peple think about u....RIGHT?.....Then i ask u why the hell are u lifting weights anyway?...To be healthty...To be a better u?.....To stay in shape?.....I know all the answers that people say why they lift...Its all a crock of shit man,,,,,Its very simple..Let the curse fit the crime....Its your curse and its a crime U dont face up....And im not saying this to belittle u are tell u about yourself,,,I just know whats up...by life time experiance...I do understand what u siad and why u said it.How can that be?....Because ive heard what your saying a million times allready.....Thats how i understand......dw

You are making an incredible amount of assumptions that I don't even know where to start. Ill report back later when I'm on a computer.

HisAngriness

HisAngriness

Fancypants VIP
Mar 23, 2011
ANOTHER 5 STAR THREAD BY DW.
you are the man bro!

Regulator

Regulator

VIP Member
Jan 26, 2011
Very deep shit bro. For someone who has a pentagram for there avi you seem to be a smart MOFO bro. This was another very true very good post bro! No one that walks this earth is perfect remember that!

chicken_hawk

chicken_hawk

MuscleHead
Oct 28, 2010
DW once again a NO BS work of art. I know that when I started training at 14 it was to cover up a lot of hurt and insecurity. That stretch lasted for around 8yrs and it was nice to be accepted because of my muscles and I only weighed like 185 at the time.

When I picked it up again at 30 I had delt with a lot of my demons or should I say they cam home to roost during my "off" time. So this second time I was lifting to get healthy and I hated cardio. Once I saw I had some potential I was able to run with it vs. it running with me. It does have a good hold on me since much of my identity now is as a big guy, but I am also a contractor, husband, dad and believer and all those come first now.

Hawk

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
I know that you can't put everyone in the same box, but I see an extraordinarily large percentage of people exhibiting insecure behavior in bodybuilding than I see in other hobbies or lifestyles. You can't paint with too broad a brush, but I do think that DW speaks for quite a few people in this subculture.

It's one of the reasons that I am no longer serious about competing. It became quite clear to me that I neither have the genetics, nor the maniacal single-focused dedication to take it to the next level. I was totally floored to see how for some bodybuilding subsumed their entire waking life. Nothing wrong with that, I'm not trying to criticize, but I can't do that, and with my very average genetics, it became clear to me that I'm gonna be just another weekend warrior on the BB scene.

Insecurity is borne out of fear, and fear is a very ugly thing. It's also extraordinarily powerful. I always take comfort when I read a portion of the Bible, whenever an angel showed up to reveal something to mankind, they always started out by saying, "be not afraid." Those are words to live by.... The apostle Paul also wrote, "for God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of love, power and sound mind." (not trying to be preachy, these just are meaningful to me when I'm dealing with my own fears.)

D

deadweight

MuscleHead
Sep 20, 2010
I know that you can't put everyone in the same box, but I see an extraordinarily large percentage of people exhibiting insecure behavior in bodybuilding than I see in other hobbies or lifestyles. You can't paint with too broad a brush, but I do think that DW speaks for quite a few people in this subculture.

It's one of the reasons that I am no longer serious about competing. It became quite clear to me that I neither have the genetics, nor the maniacal single-focused dedication to take it to the next level. I was totally floored to see how for some bodybuilding subsumed their entire waking life. Nothing wrong with that, I'm not trying to criticize, but I can't do that, and with my very average genetics, it became clear to me that I'm gonna be just another weekend warrior on the BB scene.

Insecurity is borne out of fear, and fear is a very ugly thing. It's also extraordinarily powerful. I always take comfort when I read a portion of the Bible, whenever an angel showed up to reveal something to mankind, they always started out by saying, "be not afraid." Those are words to live by.... The apostle Paul also wrote, "for God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of love, power and sound mind." (not trying to be preachy, these just are meaningful to me when I'm dealing with my own fears.)

Thanks for shareing your very truthful reality...dw

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic